Save Geeky Character ? ( Aftermath )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save Geeky Character ? ( Aftermath )

SPOILER Warning for those that haven't seen Aftermath. Don't read this thread.

Spoiler:
    Riley died, but do you think he should be given a second life on the faith planet?

My vote is let him stay dead. Sorry Riley. Love you but....time to go.

sigpic

Originally posted by sg1fan View Post
    SPOILER Warning for those that haven't seen Aftermath. Don't read this thread.

Spoiler:
    Riley died, but do you think he should be given a second life on the faith planet?

My vote is let him stay dead. Sorry Riley. Love you but....time to go.

Spoiler:
    I liked him a lot and hate to see him go, but a show should have the balls to kill off likeable characters in order to keep some figment of moral hazzard towards the health and wellbeing of the main cast characters. I say let him rest in peace. It's kinda sad since I had him pegged as Destiny's resident homosexual character. He had this kind of effeminate presence. I wouldn't call him geeky at all, just kinda refined e.g. how he defended the prisoner's right to decent treatment at the start of the episode.
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Okay so maybe geeky is the wrong word, but he's certainly not the athletic type. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

So what do others think? Keep him where he is (i.e. pushing up daisies) or a second life on the faith planet?

I personally think it's a cop-out to send everyone that dies to the faith planet. It negates the drama of the death and gives it no meaning.
      Last edited by sg1fan; 06 October 2010, 07:20 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Riley died and should stay dead. For him to return would cheapen his death and the impact it had.

Comment

So far that's 3 for dead and 0 for faith planet. Not looking good Riley!
          sigpic

Comment

As much as I liked his character, it would really not be good for the show if now everybody who dies (hopefully not many), would go to the Faith planet. And what would you do with LA people when they die? also send them to the Faith planet? no, it is better he stays dead.

If it really fits, I could even accept him to return in a dream or in flashbacks, but nothing else
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

no. He is not on the Faith planet. The only reason that
              Spoiler:
              TJ's baby
              went to the faith planet was she had no choice
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I guess I could accept him back if it was an alternate timeline, parallel universe, flashback, or dream as well - BUT it shouldn't be on a permanent basis.

Stay Dead 4
                Faith Planet 0
                sigpic

Comment

Unless they're left ambiguous to begin with (TJ's baby) I think that deaths are cheapened when a character is brought back. Janet in the AU episode was just meh in SG-1/

Comment

Stay Dead 5
                    Faith Planet 0

Comment

TPTB should grow some balls and start killing main characters for a change.
                      sigpic

Comment

No. I can't live through another Save Character X campaign
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked Riley but nobody on this show will live forever or come back from the dead. This isn't SG1 and SGA(unfortunately ).

Comment

Well, I'd love to see him sometime in some flashbacks, but that's it. No faith planet and no dreams please. I suspect that his return in some alternate timeline or universe wouldn't work either. I love Riley, but let him stay dead.
                            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Well so sad for Riley. This could be a first. We have consensus.

stay dead 9
                              faith planet 0

RRRRRRiiiiillllllleeeeeeeeyyyyyyy!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X