Shuttle Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Abiron
    I have always imagined the seeder ship as sending down 'pods' that smash into the ground, then unfold into the stair platform with the gate in the center...

I believe if we ever run into a seeder ship... ??? ... we may be able to grab a magic shuttle from it...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
      Well gates can survive being hit by asteroids, so maybe they just eject them towards the planet? They land where they land. It does have a platform and the gate, so maybe the platform is a small lander craft.
      That would be interesting.. a complete package that launches and as soon as it lands, unfurls..

On a related tangent. We know from SGA that they had space gates. So i wonder if the seeders ever did any.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        That would be interesting.. a complete package that launches and as soon as it lands, unfurls..

On a related tangent. We know from SGA that they had space gates. So i wonder if the seeders ever did any.
        they don't have ships that can fit through them at this time, so they wouldn't need space gates

Comment

I suppose a self-contained package would make sense, with no need to return to Destiny after deployment. We haven't seen any evidence that this is the case...but we haven't seen any to the contrary either.

As to space gates...there may not have been any intentional space gates, but there's always the chance that a deployment went bad and left one drifting in space. But given the lack of gate-fitting craft and the apparent reluctance of Destiny to allow connection to a potentially instantly fatal destination, I doubt we'll see one.

Comment

Spoilers for Awakening:

Spoiler:
            They won't snatch a shuttle from the Seedership:

nat also wries: “Will they be taking anything from the other ship next week? like a couple of shuttles”

Answer: The type of ship they’ll encounter doesn’t have shuttles. Doesn’t need ‘em.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-more-mailbag/

Comment

I really hope they don't just happen onto replacement shuttles. That would be way too convenient and would clash completely with the tone of the show.

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
              Rings?
              Wouldn't be all that useful given that they have a very short range and require a pad on both ends to work.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

well to be honest Im not suprised that
                Spoiler:
                seeder ship won't have shuttles
                , disregarding that being unmanned it wouldn't need them it seems so far that the situation of not having shuttles has been intentionally created by the writers. The initial shuttle loss story line didnt need to actually have involved a shuttle at all, the main story was Chloe's Dad sacrificing himself to close an airlock which could have easily worked without involving a shuttle. And then in this episode Rush (an apparently very intelligent guy) doesnt tell them to scrap the mission when it becomes pretty much certain the situation they are flying into is one the shuttle will not be able to withstand. Seems to me the writers didnt want them to have any way off the ship other than the gate without fans asking "how come the ship doesn't have shuttles?"

I don't know, maybe i'm reading far too much into it but it seems they have lost both shuttles very quickly. Perhaps the seeder ship and destiny will prove to have rings and they didn't want the cast to have 5 (EVA, rings, gate, stones, shuttle) different ways off the ship, after all it is a lot. it makes sense for future plots and tight situations to limit the ways they can leave the ship.

Comment

Working...
                X