Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush (Spoilers)

Spoiler:
    So, exactly how long ago did the program come up with the codes to Destiny and how long ago did Rush find the location of the bridge? When he first goes there in the episode, it seems like he is stepping inside for the first time (especially with the gust of air entering the door), but he knew how to get there and did it sneakily like he had done it before.

Could he have known its location since sometime in the latter half of the first season? Perhaps after Franklin disappeared?

Rush obviously just now found the code, and he probably figured out the location of the bridge earlier. It just didn't do him any good until now.

Comment

he just got the code, that is what made the system freeze

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        Actually Park said rebooting usually unfroze it but then Rush comes in and taps a few keys and everything is golden. I think he just finally figured out the master code, but I don't think thats what made it freeze up.

Comment

I would gather that he knew where the bridge area was and that the error message he saw when he was in the control room with Park told him that the master code had finally been cracked.

If he had known the master code sooner, he would have been in the bridge doing things far sooner than this episode.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
            If he had known the master code sooner, he would have been in the bridge doing things far sooner than this episode.
            Who says that we've seen all of his activity on the ship though? Just because we hadn't seen it and the fact that he hasn't told anyone, doesn't mean that when alone, he hadn't been popping up there and doing things. He is a sneaky jerk that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
              I would gather that he knew where the bridge area was and that the error message he saw when he was in the control room with Park told him that the master code had finally been cracked.

It is possible that when Rush, Brody and Volker told Young at the end of the episode of "Human" that there was a significance with the number 46 as a basis that he can run a program to unlock the master code. This may have been the result of that program extrapolating the number 46 to the master code. This may have been interpreted by Parks as a freeze up and did a reboot. From her comments this was not the first freeze up. If this is fact, then the master code had already been determined unknowingly before this episode. No one except for Rush would have recognized what was believed to be an error code. It was at this time he saw everything on the console and knew everything.

Comment

This is essentially my guess. I took the "freeze-up" to be exactly what Rush intended when the computer extrapolated the mater code. The computer would keep working, but if he came up with the solution when he wasn't there, that would give him away. He probably had it set that way so a) no one would see what had just happened and b) he'd find out right away when someone came in got him. This would also explain is mild irritation at Dr. Park not doing that.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I'm confident Rush just found the code. He'd have been on the bridge doing fixes during the incursion otherwise.
                  All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I agree with SciFiRick & Ganthet Jr. This is something that Rush would do. He want to complete Destiny's mission. To unlock it secrets. He doesn't want Young to turn the ship around, and he sure as hell does not want earth gov on the ship. He got his own agenda and sharing the information will only come when he fells it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Xcelent View Post
                      I agree with SciFiRick & Ganthet Jr. This is something that Rush would do. He want to complete Destiny's mission. To unlock it secrets. He doesn't want Young to turn the ship around, and he sure as hell does not want earth gov on the ship. He got his own agenda and sharing the information will only come when he fells it necessary.
                      Except Young knows that turning the ship around is pointless. He knows that even if Destiny were flipped right this instant, it would still take millions of years to get back to Earth.

Anyway, agree that Rush probably set the computer program up so that when it found the master code, it would hide that and produce an error that no one else would know what to do with. That's why Young could easily clear it up, and why he didn't explain to Park, and why he was a bit irritated with her (his lack of sleep another reason).

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                        Except Young knows that turning the ship around is pointless. He knows that even if Destiny were flipped right this instant, it would still take millions of years to get back to Earth.

Anyway, agree that Rush probably set the computer program up so that when it found the master code, it would hide that and produce an error that no one else would know what to do with. That's why Young could easily clear it up, and why he didn't explain to Park, and why he was a bit irritated with her (his lack of sleep another reason).
                        Does it matter if he knows that? He would probably order to look for alternatives rather than continue the path destiny intended.

It's from Rush's point of view.
                        The cake is a lie...

Comment

I agree with those that say that the freeze was intended. It makes sense for Rush, also the code was found somewhere between "Intervention" and now. Rush would have noticed it earlier since he was on the consoles all the time. So maybe it froze just 2 or 3 times till Rush did.

It could be, that by figuring out the master code, the Computer told Rush where to go. He used the Elevator to get there and besides Eli(who had no idea what he was doing) we havent seen anybody use them. Rush is smart, but why wouldnt he tell the others if he figured out how to work them and get around the Ship easier?

His behaviour on the Bridge was the strangest. I believe the Chair did something to him besides giving him the answer he needed or he is going nuts. It could go either way, but we will see.

He wont be able to hide his discovery for long if he keeps going like this. He wants to find out Destiny´s mission and in order to do that, he wouldnt be there a lot. I dont think he can find a excuse for long.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                            This is basically it. It's possible that along with the code he also got directions to the bridge (if he didn't know already where it was).

Speaking of Rush, what do you think about his mental state - has he gone insane or is the ship really communicating with him (holograms, telepathic link, small version of the ship's consciousness downloaded into his brain) ?

Either way he's not fit to pilot the ship by himself, not mentally and not physically. Franklin (whatever he is) is absolutely correct.
                            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

What we tend to forget is that the ancients where mentally advance. Some display ability's to heal, speak telepathically. So who knows what effect sitting in the chair had on a man who compared to the ancients only use 10% of the human brain. And how sitting in the chair would have on the person having to use the ships system. This is like an early version of the Atlantis chair meet the obelisk that almost killed O'Niel, and Merlin would use.But Rush no matter how smart he is cant handle it alone. Just like his wife said. That my theory.

Comment

Working...
                              X