• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradise Lost Changlings?

What happened to them on Earth?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Theortically they stayed on Earth. We never found them. I always thought that is why the Breen were able to attack San Francisco so easily. They had someone on the inside
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
      I wouldn't worry about it. DS9 is replete with threads and plot devices that were initiated just for the drama and not actually to be resolved. Remember when you watch DS9 it's not the Grand Design kind of show like Babylon 5 that it imitates in most ways it's sort of a Character-Ego show because it's about the main characters (and secondary characters) feelings and emotions.

DS9 may have had the entire Federation as a scope but that was only because the Station was directly involved in some way. Even when they left the station we followed the Secondary characters there and they only spent 3 episodes away from the station in all.
      The Details of the Dominion War, Section 31, Changlings and running lose on Earth were all very large and dramatic plot devices that had no real purpose or sometimes no truth.... in the Grand scheme of things.

Look at DS9 as just an episodic show like all the other Star Trek series.

Comment

The entire planet was covered in that radiation which disrupts there shape shifting capabilities an Starfleet security hunted them down an neutralise them one by one.

But it was never actually confirmed they were there in the first place, I thought it was all made up by that admiral who want to take over Starfleet in a military cue. An he to Cadets, some clever holograpic emitters to fake all of the changlings incidents to enable his people to take control of the planet an eventually the Federation.

One thing I know is that after that big sensor array was neutralise by the defiant, the Federation an Klingon empire range a very effective war an was able to hold there own against the dominion, they could not of done that if they did not solve the problems.
        I also would not be shock if section 31 developed a fast acting version of there little virus either an spread that through the Federation.
        Either way the Changlings threats must have been neutralise somehow for the war effort to be successful. May be they acquired that Romulan device they use on ODO an kept it perminently deployed around major insulations.

Biological weapons was also said to be a major weapon in the dominion Arsenal an yet it was never deployed during war either. Sometimes I really do wish that DS9 was more like season 3 Enterprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
          Look at DS9 as just an episodic show like all the other Star Trek series.
          Boy, you just don't like DS9, do you? And even B5 had plots that weren't followed up on.
          Now, back to the actual topic...
          We know there was at least one on Earth. I'd assume it did whatever it was supposed to and then left.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            Boy, you just don't like DS9, do you? And even B5 had plots that weren't followed up on.
            Now, back to the actual topic...We know there was at least one on Earth. I'd assume it did whatever it was supposed to and then left.
            The point isn't really to compare DS9 and B5 but merely not to put too much stock into these kind of issues in show. DS9 is a good show but I'm not blind to it's short comings.

I like Voyager too but it too had serious shortcomings.
            ENTERPRISE I don't like and you know I've ripped it to shreds on this forum.

The Home Front Two parter was to build suspense in the Comming War with the Dominion and it served that role Grandly. Perhaps DS9 merely had too much material for just 7 seasons.

Comment

many thanks for your answers Ive been watching the reruns on Virgin 1 and really enjoyed season 7.
              "You don't know half of it".
              Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
              (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

many thanks for your answers Ive been watching the reruns on Virgin 1 and really enjoyed season 7.
                That tends to be the general opinion that the Dominion War years were the best
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I wonder if they developed the Changling disease? If so, I'd assume they either died or made it back to the great link.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    I wonder if they developed the Changling disease? If so, I'd assume they either died or made it back to the great link.
                    Section 31 made the Changeling diease.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I believe he means 'developed' the symptoms/contracted the disease.
                      I never did buy that all the Changelings had the disease. Sure the Great Link would have died, but there must have been lots of undercover Changelings across two Quadrants who hadn't linked with an infected Changeling.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        I believe he means 'developed' the symptoms/contracted the disease.
                        I never did buy that all the Changelings had the disease. Sure the Great Link would have died, but there must have been lots of undercover Changelings across two Quadrants who hadn't linked with an infected Changeling.
                        It's possible, but I doubt the numbers would have been high. Odo infected the Great Link at the end of season four, and according to the O'Brien Changeling, there were only four (including him) on Earth. If that was the truth, I couldn't see Cardassia, Romulus or Kronos needing more than one Changeling, two tops. I wouldn't be surprised if there a dozen Changelings in the Alpha Quadrant by the time the war ended.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          It's possible, but I doubt the numbers would have been high. Odo infected the Great Link at the end of season four, and according to the O'Brien Changeling, there were only four (including him) on Earth. If that was the truth, I couldn't see Cardassia, Romulus or Kronos needing more than one Changeling, two tops. I wouldn't be surprised if there a dozen Changelings in the Alpha Quadrant by the time the war ended.
                          Even if there were 50 spread across all the various Alpha Quadrant worlds, in the 3 years Odo had the disease and gave it first to the primary female founder how many of them contracted it? I would assume that the female founder was in contact with all or most of the undercover agents and when possible I'm sure they linked to share information as Changling's think verbal communication is inferior. The only way they didn't get the disease is if they were too deep undercover and had no way to get away and directly report in to the link.

Some of those Changlings were likely put in place after the disease had infected the great link or at least the female founder.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            Even if there were 50 spread across all the various Alpha Quadrant worlds, in the 3 years Odo had the disease and gave it first to the primary female founder how many of them contracted it? I would assume that the female founder was in contact with all or most of the undercover agents and when possible I'm sure they linked to share information as Changling's think verbal communication is inferior. The only way they didn't get the disease is if they were too deep undercover and had no way to get away and directly report in to the link.

Some of those Changlings were likely put in place after the disease had infected the great link or at least the female founder.
                            You're correct that they'd probably link with each other. It leaves no trace in terms of evidence and nobody would have any idea what information was being shared. Given the Founder Leader's comments to Odo in "Behind the Lines" it's very likely that any Founders that were stranded in the Alpha Quadrant due to first the minefield and then the Prophets' intervention very likely developed the disease.

After the surrender at the end of the war, it's of course understood that these Founders, with the exception of the female leader, very likely returned to the Gamma Quadrant with the rest of the Jem'Hadar and Vorta.

BTW: Your avatar and signature of the twins is awesome.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X