Planet Builders and Stone Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet Builders and Stone Tech

In responding to a thread here, I had an interesting thought about the Planet Builders, stone tech and TJ's baby:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11950847
    I keep thinking of the stone technology, moving consciousnesses, and how much of a step farther is it to do what the Planet Builders have done - just move the consciousness (clearly TJ's baby is still on Destiny, at least the body is) into something created out of whole cloth somewhere else.
    Stone tech transfers consciousness between two bodies across vast distances but with the Planet Builder's ability to create where nothing existed before (the sun, the planet, the lovely cabins, etc) is it possible that they created TJ's baby there and through some version of the stone tech, transferred its consciousness into it?

I know this is a big stretch but a species that is capable of what they're capable of, they could do this, couldn't they?

Then, about the stone tech - just as humans etc have picked up tech from those more advanced, could the Ancients have picked up the stone tech the same way?

come play
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Nothing special really. They just use advance scanning techniques to scan the baby DNA, created a clone version of it on Faith planet an then just transfere it mind into it using some sought of remote mind transfere technology.

Apart from the remote mind transfere technology, it nothing special an nothing use humans cannot do, if they had the imagine an willingness to leave there living bodies behind.

Comment

Its probably just gonna be something simple, something an idiot could understand....like, she was DREAMING!

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        Its probably just gonna be something simple, something an idiot could understand....like, she was DREAMING!
        An the nebula at the end?

Scifi was never meant simpletons.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

you ever had a moment in real life you could have sweared you dreamt about? its because ur brain forgets certain parts of dream and later will associate something else in its place.

Comment

you ever had a moment in real life you could have sweared you dreamt about? its because ur brain forgets certain parts of dream and later will associate something else in its place.
            An
            Spoiler:
            the rumours and spoilers an statements which points to the Faith planet people showing up through out several other episodes this season.

I also do not think SG writers think or write that way either.
            Last edited by knowles2; 04 October 2010, 12:35 AM.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from.

I believe they are a whole new set of beings or Furlings.

Have you seen Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda?

May we speculate that these are not the Ancients. Maybe the beings who created the concept to Ascend or the aliens are even 9 original beings that Ascended.

Comment

go read up some stuff from Out of Body Experiences and you won't sleep for the coming week.

so what? Out of Body Experience. what she went through and what she saw matches an OOBE for 100%. including the nebula

Comment

yikes, I think maybe step back from words like 'idiot' and 'simpleton', that would be nice, thanks

I guess it gets back to the concept of the faith episode - it's all a matter of what you're willing to believe. Could she be dreaming? Yep. Could it be a matter of a grief-stricken mother trying to find something in what she's just lost, also yep.
                  It could also be, as Caine seems to believe, that these incredibly benevolent aliens just happen to care about what happens to the crew.
                  It could be that Caine is wrong about their intent and these aliens aren't what they're cracked up to be but that they're still capable of these incredible acts.
                  Or it could be that they used some highly advanced version of stone tech to pull it off.

But it still comes down to a matter of what you're willing to believe.
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Well, to get back to the original questions....

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post

Stone tech transfers consciousness between two bodies across vast distances but with the Planet Builder's ability to create where nothing existed before (the sun, the planet, the lovely cabins, etc) is it possible that they created TJ's baby there and through some version of the stone tech, transferred its consciousness into it?

I know this is a big stretch but a species that is capable of what they're capable of, they could do this, couldn't they?

Then, about the stone tech - just as humans etc have picked up tech from those more advanced, could the Ancients have picked up the stone tech the same way?
                    I think the major difference is that stones dont actually move the seat of consciousness from one body to another, they just establish a link so that each consciousness controls the other's body. Thats why you "snap back" whenever the stone connection is severed, rather than being "stranded" in someone else's body. What you're saying is akin to the idea of removing someone's larynx over a telephone and implanting it in someone else's body.

That being said, we're currently led to believe the PBs are capable of just about anything, so no reason they couldnt actually transfer a consciousness - but I dont think it has to be tied in any way to stone communication. We've seen actual, permanent consciousness transfer (Machello's device) with only Goa'uld-level technology that has nothing to do with the stones. Likewise, I dont see any reason why the stones would have to be based on knowledge the Ancients got from the PBs.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      go read up some stuff from Out of Body Experiences and you won't sleep for the coming week.
                      so your trying to match up REAL life thigns with those in Stargate, hows that worked out in the past?

Comment

so your trying to match up REAL life thigns with those in Stargate, hows that worked out in the past?
                        I don't think a random dream would be a major point in the Season opener of SGU and the nebula seems to add some merit to the point. If it were me in real life, yes I would dismiss it...but it's a science fiction show and not me.

The the OP, I think this is a valid and well thought out theory of what has happened, I suppose only time will tell.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll post this from what I wrote on another thread.

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                          I'm not being awful but whose to say the Carmen on the faith planet is same one as TJ would have given birth to. As to the aliens they would be just providing a baby to a human, so why would they care it's not the same one. That way they only had to bring TJ's mind to the planet and give her a 'temp' body.

Comment

The Asgard could make perfect clones of being with perfect memories. There was that one planet with Dom DeLuise being able to create robot clones with perfect memories of their models. It's not a huge stretch to believe that aliens who are capable of creating a solar system out of nothing are capable of doing the same and moving consciousnesses across vast distances.

Comment

Though why would they only do it with the baby and not any of the others who have died?

Comment

Working...
                              X