Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Alliance had ... would you still have watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Alliance had ... would you still have watched?

I was thinking tonight that maybe they didn't go far enough with the Lucian Alliance takeover of Destiny.

Quite a few were killed and a few significant things happened but it would have been better maybe if the Alliance had taken over Destiny for at least a few episodes, we could have had the rebellion again by the Earth crew plus we could have gotten to know the Lucian crew a little better.

But really, would you have still watched the show if the entire command staff had been killed? If Scott had been killed along with Young and Telford and BAG would it really have been that much different? It could make things better by constantly bringing new characters in and getting rid of the older ones so the crew is almost constantly being changed around, it would be risky TV because people get attatched to they're favourate characters but it would be facinating and exciting I reckon, you never know what's going to happen!

The LA were just as unprepared as those from Icarus, perhaps because the LA have not fully progressed from criminal organization to legitimate political power and so haven't gotten basic organization down yet.

If the LA had killed the entire command staff of Destiny? That would have been a pretty strange way to write a story, to say the least. I don't know if I could have gotten re-attached to a new group of people and care about them. I like that it brought new people and their problems aboard but I don't know if I could get behind just changing things around to change them around. Season one got us to care about THESE characters and their fate. Throwing them all out and starting with another group of leaders would be, to say the least, jarring.
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I dont know if I would watch SGU further when the entire crew is dead high probably not
      and they cant kill BAG he is immortal
      sigpic

Comment

Yes I would watch an that would of been a interesting turn of events an certainly would of shown balls from the writers an scifi.

It would of been interesting if a few of the characters, Like Rush an Chloe survive, especially as both of those seem to have pretty big storylines, an I love to see T bag an Rush trying to our smart each other through out the season.

So yeah I would of enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by KEKHAN View Post
          I was thinking tonight that maybe they didn't go far enough with the Lucian Alliance takeover of Destiny.

Quite a few were killed and a few significant things happened but it would have been better maybe if the Alliance had taken over Destiny for at least a few episodes, we could have had the rebellion again by the Earth crew plus we could have gotten to know the Lucian crew a little better.
          Actually, I was (until a few days before "Intervention" aired) under the impression the Alliance would take over Destiny, at least temporarily (for a few episodes). It could have been an interesting story arc
          sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

I'd have probably found it more interesting to be honest, I'd have liked the civilian coup to have worked too.

Comment

Yes, that would have been a daring move storywise. I'd be very curious to see where they took the show.
              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

If they killed some of the regulars (scott or greer not both, young or tj not both) i could still stick with it. BUT killing too many wipes out a lot of the pull the show has.

Comment

Killing off most of the characters and replacing them entirely with new ones would have been pretty silly. It would have rendered most the first season pointless. Constantly shifting casts are generally bad for a show.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                  X