No announcement yet.

The Planet SPOILERS Possible MAJOR for Seizure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hammond never fired on the planet. They sent 302s. That's a far cry from an orbital bombardment. The 302s didn't destabilize the core like the Alliance did the first time. It was dialling that caused it.
    oh yes that's why the base rocked, dust fell from the ceiling etc.
    never mind the loud booms

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      oh yes that's why the base rocked, dust fell from the ceiling etc.
      never mind the loud booms
      From missiles fired by the 302s to breach the pyramid. Hardly on the level of the Hammond blasting away from orbit or Ha'tak beam spam. That wasn't what destabilized the core. It wasn't until they dialled that everything went crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
        Those planets that assploded had natural naquadria, and alot of it. Langara has artifical naquadria, and in smaller amounts cuz it was both made from, and degrading back into regular naquadah. So its got to be alot safer to attempt from langara.

If it does work that means Langara could dial destiny, and some insanely distant 8 symbol addresses on the other side of the universe. It would still be a one way trip, but anyone wanting to leave the galaxy would NEED to go there to do it. So it makes sense why their government would pursue it. Theyd be the sole intragalactic gate hub, pegasus, ori-ville, the asgard galaxy, Destiny, any of the galaxies behind destiny.

Ps jonas plox
        Not nessasirly natural. The way I see it they found a Naqudah rich planet and converted it to naquadria to use as a power source (similar to what happened to Langara in SG1). The LA likely learned the secrets of how to do this and stole some to use on thier planet. Once you have a little you can make a lot more.

Comment

t wasn't until they dialled that everything went crazy.
          same with Icarus.

it's not the attack OR the dialling. being attacked when dialling causes fluctuations in the very naquahdriah reaction. a .00001% fluctuation is sufficient energy to blow up a continent.

suffice to say, as the dialling goes on and the bombardment goes on, the reaction is thrown "off course" further and further, going supercritical and then exploding

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            same with Icarus.

it's not the attack OR the dialling. being attacked when dialling causes fluctuations in the very naquahdriah reaction. a .00001% fluctuation is sufficient energy to blow up a continent.

suffice to say, as the dialling goes on and the bombardment goes on, the reaction is thrown "off course" further and further, going supercritical and then exploding
            Icarus was different. Riley specifically notes that the core was starting to fluctuate before they ever started dialling. The process was already underway. Dialling sped it up, but it was going to happen.

With the Alliance planet, Rush specifically notes that dialling will blow them up.

KIVA: We're under attack. Can we dial the ninth chevron?
            RUSH: Not without blowing everything up.

No mention of the attack being a problem.

Comment

just go believe in your own truth.

i'll believe in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                I got the impression, that it was combination of the attack and the rushed (no pun intended ) dialling. Don't forget that, so far, every connection to Destiny was established without taking the proper time or measures to prevent the planet from exploding. This piece of dialouge seems to confirm this:
                Rush lied through his teeth a lot during that episode. Let's not pick and choose what were fact and what was lies and distrust everything he told Kiva.

Comment

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. That's all i can say on it. When i read the gateworld spoiler linlk, i was jumping for joy.

Now to fantasize about what that 'project' rush will need to be here is.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    maybe the langarans have made progress with using naquadria for power and they might be able to dial destiny. they've been experimenting with naquadria for years more than we have.

Comment

Working...
                    X