The Clone Wars -- an on-screen timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwinnington View Post
    The thing I wanted to know about with Boba Fett, I am under the impression that the slave 1 he has was his fathers. I ask because of 2 reasons.

1. Ashoka cut a wing off and caused it to crash and assuming it was totaled.

2. In the complete cut away book ( not sure of the tidal ), It shows Jango,s and Boba's version of the ship. They are different.

So now i believe the two ships are different. I hope this made sense.
    Point 1
    That hasn't been resolved just yet, but it's unlikely that George Lucas or Dave Filoni would allow such an egregious conflict of G- and T-canon to go without resolution. I'm sure we can count on seeing Slave I flying again before the series is finished. Or, if not, it'll doubtlessly be addressed by the wealth of Clone Wars novels that EU writers are almost certainly itching to write in order to rejig TCW to their liking.

Point 2
    At first glance that appears to be an issue of canon hierarchy. If the films or TV shows say something that contradicts the book--no matter which book--the book is what's wrong.

That said though, in this case there's certainly wiggle room. It was Jango's ship only until 22 BBY, so there's no reason to think that Boba wouldn't reconfigure the ship to his own preferences. Particularly if it took critical damage in the crash in Lethal Trackdown; that'd be the perfect in-universe reason to remodel, as well as an easy out-of-universe explanation.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sounds good to me. Thanks Digi.

Comment

If Aurra Sing got a free pass out of the giant fireball why not the ship.

The whole Slave 1 thing was one thing I remember pointing out a while ago to. Since it looked like TCW basically killed two things that weren't supposed to be able to die in one shot.

Comment

Hey, I joined to ask a question about DigiFluid's CW+TCW timeline. I have crazy OCD when it comes to watching the two shows' episodes in perfect chronology, and I found a slightly differing timeline (that I placed in the spoiler below) from http://timelineuniverse.net/Riseoftheempire.htm that slightly differs from DigiFluid's. The biggest differences I can spot right off the bat are the placement of standalone episodes and the Zillo Beast arc. It would be greatly appreciated if a SW buff can come through and make any final changes. Thanks in advance!

Spoiler:

Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Chapters 6-7
          Chapters 1-5
          Chapters 12-16
          Chapters 8-11
          Chapters 17-21

Movie
          4 10

Chapters 22-25

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Comment

[QUOTE=Bigmouth;13004270] Perhaps some of the non-Ahsoka episodes should be in the beginning too?

I was thinking the same thing, starting the whole thing with: HUNTING GRIEVOUS (2.09, 2.10), then ROOKIES (3.01,1.05,3.02)), then the MANDALORE TRILOGY (2.12, 2.13, 2.14) and only then go to Christophsis with 2.16.

I think this might flow well when I play the show for new people. 2.10 gives Obi Wan a reason to be hunting Grievous in 1.05, and Anakin's killing in 2.14 seems like the sort of thing that ended for a while when Ahsoka joined him. But it also seems entirely possible that I'll be creating some anachronism that I'm not seeing.

Can anyone tell me of a tangible reason not to arrange them this way, something that might confuse my first-time watchers?

Thanks for any help with this, and for the timeline, which is the best (and best explained) I've seen in a considerable internet search.

p.s. Regarding the ongoing debate on Satine, I'll agree she can be hard to take. But I find it interesting that, unlike a lot of pacifist characters in action stories, she's kind of right because the whole war is kind of meaningless, existing only to corrupt the people involved in it. While I think it's right that her pacifism isn't getting her very far, does Mace Windu's honor or Anakin's pragmatism do any better?

p.p.s. Also, for pacifists armed only with sticks, her royal guards are pretty badass.

Comment

SW1313: There are so many problems with that order that it's hard to know where to start I actually tried going through it point by point yesterday but I got so overwhelmed that I just gave up

cassie: That's possible but can get a little sticky in a lot of tiny little ways. Some characters die in the run of the show and you have to make sure you're not finding yourself watching an episode with someone who should already be dead, occasionally stories reference other stories and if it hasn't happened yet, it would get a little weird. Little things like that. I'm sure in most cases that'd work fine, but as I can't recall every single line of dialogue (YET! ), it's possible you may hit the odd snag.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i thought they said that when the series was mostly completed that they would release an official timeline and i'm wondering if Season five will be the final season.

Comment

I've been wondering that too, but I heard that in a recent issue of Insider they had Filoni saying that preproduction on season 6 had begun? I don't know if that's confirmed though.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    I've been wondering that too, but I heard that in a recent issue of Insider they had Filoni saying that preproduction on season 6 had begun? I don't know if that's confirmed though.
                    I think six is pushing it. i mean how can three years of continuity be divided into six seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      I think six is pushing it. i mean how can three years of continuity be divided into six seasons?
                      I agree but six seasons could be divided into six months a season. If you really compressed the time line and they have been pouncing around a lot, early on at least.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        M*A*S*H turned a very real war that lasted 3 years into an 11 season/11 year series. It's not surprising that a CG series can have more series aired over more years than the fictional war it's portraying.

sigpic

Comment

Hey Digi,

Is this the order that you advise to watch them in? I just ordered Season 1 - 3 but want to watch them in an order that will make sense. I would have expected that I would have just watched them in the order that they are presented but after reading this thread, it makes me think that I should watch them in the order that you have provided. Also, I was looking through the original post to get a game plan for watching and I did not see an episode 2.15, if you advise to watch in the order of the OP where would I watch 2.15?

Thank you
                          T

Comment

Originally posted by TollanTom36 View Post
                            Hey Digi,

Is this the order that you advise to watch them in? I just ordered Season 1 - 3 but want to watch them in an order that will make sense. I would have expected that I would have just watched them in the order that they are presented but after reading this thread, it makes me think that I should watch them in the order that you have provided. Also, I was looking through the original post to get a game plan for watching and I did not see an episode 2.15, if you advise to watch in the order of the OP where would I watch 2.15?

Thank you
                            T

The show doesn't flow in chronological order... There are quite a number of episodes (particularly in Season 3) which function either as prequels or sequels to prior episodes. Watching them in (what I feel to be the best) chronological order will most definitely cut down on some of the confusion that us first-time-watchers went through when seeing them--being baffled as to why certain people are alive again after we'd already seen them killed, or why someone is meeting someone that they already knew a year or two before.

On a more...quality/thematic level, I think it helps as well. The movie on its own is kind of crappy, but having introductory episodes leading into it helps make it work out better. Plus, there's a good number of episodes particularly in the first half of Season 1 that just aren't very good. Being able to intersperse some later episodes which expand upon them helps balance things out so you don't feel like you're having to charge through a lackluster start to the series.

As to your 2.15 question, it's there. It's in the "Peace Overtures" mini-arc. It was a mid-Season 2 episode which ended up being part 3 of a trilogy of episodes whose first two parts were a bit later on in Season 3.

Comment

Ha, Oh good, I see it now.

Thank you for the explanation on the ordering. I think I will definitely watch it in the order that you suggest, especially if it will be less confusing and flow a lot better. I have been a long-time Star Wars movie fan and just recently watched the all the movies again and decided to broaden my horizons and wanted to dabble in something else Star Wars. I saw the last episode of season 4 and decided that I liked it enough to give TCW a try. If I enjoy that, then maybe some more of the extended universe.

I have been looking at some of the stuff on the Force.net and really think that Darth Malgus looks pretty cool and I wish that they will bring a trilogy of the Old Republic (I think that is Malgus’ era) to the big screen, but for now TCW for me.

Thank you
                              T

Comment

Revised again.
                                • recent comics have placed the Maul-related stories of Season 4 in 20 BBY so I've moved them up into that year
                                • The Republic terrorism/Battle of Onderon story is going to be a 4-episode arc, so I've gone ahead and put the next three episodes in
                                • Adi Gallia was present in 5.02, meaning that her death in 5.01 must take place sometime afterward

I'll also point out now that Revival is going to be moved again at some point in the future. The trivia notes for it on the TCW site point out that Hondo refers to an event which will happen in Season 5 that we haven't seen yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X