No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars -- an on-screen timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offence taken. I have been on that ride for awhile now. I've gotten use to it. I do like the animated series and was wanting some kind of explanitation as to its order. I thank you for that.

The Boba Fett thing is something i was looking into because I had just finished thoes Elizabeth Hand books and really enjoyed them. It does jive with Aura Sing in possession of slave 1 but the movie showed Boba using his fathers helmet as a booby trap. I dont believe he would have done that. But who knows. I am also looking on another site that I wanted to share with you but I am on my work computer and its so old, I forget how to bring up multiple pages. No worries, I'll just post it up tonight. Thanks.

Joe

Comment

Got it.

http://timelineuniverse.net/History.htm

Comment

Aha, I do much the same as that in an Excel spreadsheet

Though admittedly, yours is looking a little more complete than mine
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jwinnington View Post
          Wow, thats a mega timeline lol.

Comment

it sure is. I think I may print it out and match it up with Digi's. I always wanted to take the longest wall in my house and write this out. Some day.

Comment

By the way Digi, I hope you didn't think that was my site. By the way you responded is why I mention it.

Comment

By the way Digi, I hope you didn't think that was my site. By the way you responded is why I mention it.
                Ah, okay.

I haven't read everything in this thread so i apologize if i repeat anything already covered. Thank you for putting the show in some kind of order. I am a big fan of the books and video games that have been around and I feel the clone wars show has kinda screwed some stuff up. i guess they aren't going to cover the dark reaper thing and the whole Boba Fett stuff has changed. Am i to assume that these shows are cannon and supersede everything before? Also what happen to the first two movies cartoon network came out with? where are they in this. It seems Lucas lets writers go ahead and write their books, puts his seal of approval on them and then changes it whenever he wants to. Yea hes got the right to do that but it really messes it up for fictional historians like me. Thank for listening and i hope i made sense.

Joe
                Between these two things (bolded) and the site you linked saying right at the top "Chronicled by Joe Bongiorno," I didn't think I had made an unreasonable conclusion
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Haha, thats great. Sorry about that. Maybe i should have put self proclaimed in front of that. My obsesion started when i bought the New Essentials Chronology. I read that thing like three times. i've been captivated ever sense.

Comment

Hey Digi,

What did you mean with;

Second battle of Mon Calamari: Clone Wars adventures: Mission to iceburg three

and

clone wars XXII - XXV

I have to apologies. It just may be I haven't seen or herd of these.

Thanks
                    Joe

Comment

Oh

Hey Digi,

What did you mean with;

Second battle of Mon Calamari: Clone Wars adventures: Mission to iceburg three
                      The online game, Clone Wars Adventures ran a little tie-in feature before the premiere of Season 4. They implemented a mission quest into the game that was a bit of a prequel to 4.01. It's by no means important, and personally I'd even question how canon it is, but I didn't want to neglect it since it's part of the series.

and

clone wars XXII - XXV

I have to apologies. It just may be I haven't seen or herd of these.

Thanks
                      Joe
                      The animated Genndy series. As they originally aired, each short was labeled "Chapter" whatever, and if I'm not mistaken that's how the DVD chapters are divided too (even though the Chapter x title cards are gone).

Anakin's scar and knighthood place the CGI series in a bit of an odd spot. To have the two series consistent, they have to run: 1) animated series up until Anakin gets his scar and gets knighted; 2) TCW CGI series; 3) the remainder of the animated series (which is most of the Vol 2 DVD).

Comment

Is there even a concrete version of how he got the scar yet? Version I'm aware of is he got it in a fight with Ventress? I think that's from a comic book though so who knows if it's still canon.

Comment

It happened in the Genndy TV series, which makes it T-canon...

Comment

Thanks Digi. I may look for them just to say I'd seen them.

Comment

If you've ever seen Samurai Jack, that was Genndy's other well-known series; it and Clone Wars have a lot in common in terms of visual style and some things being really over-the-top.

2001-04 -- Samurai Jack
                              2003-05 -- Clone Wars

Some of the voice acting in Clone Wars (particularly Anakin) is truly atrocious, but it's an interesting series even in spite of that.

Comment

The thing I wanted to know about with Boba Fett, I am under the impression that the slave 1 he has was his fathers. I ask because of 2 reasons.

1. Ashoka cut a wing off and caused it to crash and assuming it was totaled.

2. In the complete cut away book ( not sure of the tidal ), It shows Jango,s and Boba's version of the ship. They are different.

So now i believe the two ships are different. I hope this made sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X