What's wrong with Rush and Brody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    I wasn't sure why Rush sat up after collapsing onto his bed when I saw the episode, but a poster's explanation here was pretty good: he was disturbed by the fact that he was going to sacrifice a whole lot of people to take back the ship.

Rush, who just 10 or so episodes back was so sure he could take the sacrifice of someone so they can figure out the Ancient chair...maybe he is not so callous as others - and maybe even himself - think.
    That was my take on it too. Rush has made a point of criticizing Young for not being able to make the hard decisions, to make the calls that Rush believes that he should make. But I think there was something lacking in Rush when he said it, in that he (at least outwardly) made it seem that he didn't much care about any of those people. Maybe it's easier to make that kind of call when the people whose lives you're putting on the line don't matter to you. I think that has changed and that Rush is growing attached to the people on the Destiny, but that he's already painted himself into a corner with previous remarks etc. I don't think the choices he had to make here were easy on him and I had a definite feeling of parallel with Young, yet again. Those choices cost him.
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
      Broady(Brody? is there an A?) is quickly becoming my favorite character. He's one of the few people that seems to be able to follow an order, comes up with great solutions, and usually gets some great one-liners. Plus, he and I share the same first name
      Yeah, I definately like the Brody & Volker characters. The writers are developing them well into the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        is it just me or has Mr Brody been nibbling on the Destiny equivalent of donuts in the off season?
        Nope, bananas.

Comment

I love that video
          sigpic

Comment

i dont know if this is what u are referring to, but i noticed a strange pause from Brody when he was checking the radiation levels, after FTL drop, like he saw something strange or shocking and could be important, but removed it from the screen before the other guy walked over to see. - a 'rush' move lol.

it seemed more than just tiredness

as for Rush didnt he also get that look but with more understanding,(around the time he turned off then on the count down clock) like the stuff in his head is slowly waking up and he is moving around the computer easier finding things ...
            Spoiler:
            cuz we know from the next ep teaser and some blog entries somewhere, that Rush wakes up early on in next ep and finds the Bridge and knows the master code. But he donesnt share with rest of crew till 8th ep i think.

Comment

LOL that's a cool vid thanks

Comment

heh I thought about the pause. They were scanning for radiation, and picked up TJ's nebula. The nebula was of interest so Brody paused to make sure it was safe. That is all.
                sigpic

Comment

Also bear in mind that Brody has been sampling the hooch longer than any other crew member. Chef's perogative.

Comment

Another thing. The Faith planet was in another galaxy right? How come the same nebula is visible from that afar?
                    sigpic
                    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                      Another thing. The Faith planet was in another galaxy right? How come the same nebula is visible from that afar?
                      Cue eerie, creepy alien music.

Because the creepy aliens who can build a solar system and steal babies are super-powerful and also creepy?
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

becasue it was all a dream (typical SG explanation).

because of time travel. (another typical SG explanation).

because the planet moved.

because the nebula moved.

because she's not really awake yet. and it's STILL a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                          Or is it a dream inside of a dream inside of a dream? :cue forever-spinning top:

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                            becasue it was all a dream (typical SG explanation).

because of time travel. (another typical SG explanation).

because the planet moved.

because the nebula moved.

None of these contradict my hypothesis of extremely creepy aliens, you will notice. I also find Caine a bit creepy.
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                              You need to keep in mind that Caine mentions the nebula above Faithworld just showing up the night TJ appeared. Seems pretty obvious that they're just showing things from afar. Assuming, of course, that all of this actually happened instead of being a desperate cop out to avoid the consequences of outright killing off TJ's baby.

I was NOT a fan of that sequence at all...
                              Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                                None of these contradict my hypothesis of extremely creepy aliens, you will notice. I also find Caine a bit creepy.
                                I'm not sure where Caine falls for me. Is he just foolishly naive as I had thought in Faith? Is he a proponent for setting aside freewill in order to have it replaced by some uber-being whose intentions and nature we will never know? Then there's that name. I don't think the choice of name is an accident at all, not with all of the other names we've got throughout the show.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X