This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Dopud : why didnt they just keep him as 1 character

Well Mike Dopid (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0233304/) at the end of sg1 ep bounty ends up killing the lucian alliance guy and taking over so in SGU why didnt they get him to act as the same guy both part of the lucian alliance both Reasonable men when it comes to dealing with certain things.

It's Dopud.
    sigpic

Comment

Because Ventrell was a mercenary, and his character wasn't one that works as an anti-hero type like Varro is.

Comment

i loved his role in bsg hope he's stays around longer in sgu
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I like the two different characters he played in SG1 and SGA(he also played another character in SG1 but I don't remember who), and I wish he was one of those characters, specifically Odai Ventrell, I hope Varro in SGU is actually Ventrell in disguise under a new name.

Comment

See I get the feeling that Odai Ventrell didn't survive for very long after his encounter with Netan. I mean imagine if you burst into a mafia godfather's house and assassinated him in front of all his body guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              I like the two different characters he played in SG1 and SGA(he also played another character in SG1 but I don't remember who), and I wish he was one of those characters, specifically Odai Ventrell, I hope Varro in SGU is actually Ventrell in disguise under a new name.
              He also played a Russian Colonel in SG1, S8, "Full Alert". And he played Kiryk in SGA, "Tracker". And I'm pretty sure he had a non-speaking role in SG1, The Other Side - that being the guy that Sam punched out in the control center as SG1 was about to escape the destruction there.

Comment

I got to meet Mike this past summer in Vancouver. Very very nice person!

tptb like Mike so they found a place for him on Universe. Mike said his SGA character was suppose to be brought back if SGA got renewed. SGA didn't get renewed and they found a place for him in SGU.

I really liked his character in SGA and found his character in SGU intriging. Very glad that they didn't kill his character off so we should get to see him again in SGU (hopfully)!

I don't know why they didn't keep him as the same character as he couldn't talk alot about SGU back then.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

the reason i posted this was because as an actor in sg1 and sga he played his characters as one of the best guest actors ever I would actually love to see him integrated in to the rest of sgu

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                    the reason i posted this was because as an actor in sg1 and sga he played his characters as one of the best guest actors ever I would actually love to see him integrated in to the rest of sgu
                    I agree!
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

The character of a bounty hunter, who travels the galaxy and human worlds for earn his life has nothing to do with the character of a guy who travels the entire universe, with the faith of discovering the wonderful things about the Destiny, like he said to Rush in "Subversion".

Or maybe...Lucian Alliance brainwashing...captured after killing Nethan, brainwashed, integrated in their forces...everything is possible!

Comment

I like all the Stargate actors and actresses, major or minor!

But this "recycling" of them is getting a tad bit annoying. Mike Dopud and the guy who played the Tollan and Simon (his name escapes me all the time) are the biggest "annoyances" for me.
                        sigpic
                        ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                          I like all the Stargate actors and actresses, major or minor!

But this "recycling" of them is getting a tad bit annoying. Mike Dopud and the guy who played the Tollan and Simon (his name escapes me all the time) are the biggest "annoyances" for me.
                          Well, I guess you are just going to have to move to Vancouver now and get your resume in order

Just a product of a long running series. Look at how many characters were recycled on Law and Order? I really stopped watching that show years ago, but did come across a website that may still be around that was devoted to this very subject.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                            Well, I guess you are just going to have to move to Vancouver now and get your resume in order

Just a product of a long running series. Look at how many characters were recycled on Law and Order? I really stopped watching that show years ago, but did come across a website that may still be around that was devoted to this very subject.
                            haha i would actually be intrested in seeing that site see if you can find it

Comment

i think he's brainwashed

Comment

Working...
                              X