No announcement yet.

TJ's trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no spaceship there, unless it's transparent. All the bottom-right shows is a curved shape in the nebula.

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
      I think it could have been TJ's way of coping with losing the baby. Instead of admitting that the baby had died, her mind concocted that scenario where the baby is safe but she just can't see him. Much like an advanced case of denial or telling a child their favorite dog is now on a farm.

Another possibility is that the planet that she left the baby on is heaven or limbo, which explains why the baby could stay but she had to go. The baby died and TJ lived, so she had to go back
      Hard to say what that place actually was. In the original episode with that planet "Faith", we didn't get hardly any information about the planet. And in her dream/reality that she went to, we are still only given a tiny fraction more of what the planet is like. And that is only if it was real.

What it boils down to, is that TPTB created themselves a senario that creates an "out" for them not having to have the baby on the show, while killing it off but not killing it off. Thus appeasing most of the audience that didn't want to see the baby killed and also appeasing most of the audience that didn't want to see the baby on the ship. It was set up in such a way that it wasn't too hokey, didn't necessarily "kill" the baby off in cold blood yet not keeping the baby on the ship.

It will just be interesting to see how TJ and Young cope with loosing the baby. I somehow see her confiding in Young about her "trip". But probably would only confide in maybe one other person if she even does confide in anyone about it. It is one of those situations where her credibility as a Medic would be on the line and I doubt that she will want to jepordize her credibility by explaining her "trip" to everyone. I think she will realize that it was something designed to lessen the trauma of loosing the baby.
      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by james123182 View Post
        those dont look like the destiny doors...
        It is not the same. Even the lights that are to the right of the doors on Destiny are shown bigger, wider and above the door opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Something from the S2 trailer makes me wonder -
          Spoiler:

If they really do return - and it's not some AU, ATL, AR, dream - maybe that could confirm what exactly happened to TJ, and to the baby.
          Sorry, Here is the spoiler picture that we got from Egle01.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
            Sorry, Here is the spoiler picture that we got from Egle01.
            It looks to me more of a shuttle bay with Caine and friends debarking most likely a shuttle. Could it be that the shuttle left on the obelisk planet and the planet builder/s repaired it? As a matter of fact if they can create a planet and simple several cabins then they can create several shuttles. Something to think about.

Comment

"Just because there are beings on a higher plane, does not mean there is not an order of being, above them" - Lt Col Cameron Mitchell.

Mitchell may have been referring to his Gran'ma's opinion of God, but I think that in this case it refers to the aliens/super ascended beings who did in fact transport TJ's conciousness. And as I think was mentioned in a post on a previous episode these are the beings that Destiny was created to make contact with in the first place. And now, finally Destiny is within range of them.

I think that the line between reality and what you believe becomes much more blurred when dealing with these creatures, and so it is not as clear as saying she did or didn't go. Or that Carmen is or isn't dead. Believing makes it so. It's kind of like Schroedinger's Cat taken to the n'th degree. Without being able to physically go back to that planet and check, we will never know whether Schroedinger's Carmen (is that bad taste?) is alive or dead, and so she is both alive and dead at the same time.

I confess I was a little concerned for Alaina having to play a mother who has just lost her baby when she has so recently given birth (albeit for the 3rd time) given how invested in their characters many actors get, but the idea of her being alive just "somewhere else" is kind of the reality so would be less emotionally draining.
              "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                I think it could have been TJ's way of coping with losing the baby. Instead of admitting that the baby had died, her mind concocted that scenario where the baby is safe but she just can't see him. Much like an advanced case of denial or telling a child their favorite dog is now on a farm.

Another possibility is that the planet that she left the baby on is heaven or limbo, which explains why the baby could stay but she had to go. The baby died and TJ lived, so she had to go back
                I think you're right, it's a really good thinking
                sigpic
                Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  It was real. The real question is does that mean her baby survived?
                  I guess she's with the planet builders. If she's ascended, or a ghost f.e., it remains to be seen
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

i think the trip is meant to be a "matter of faith". TBH, out of body experiences can be interesting things. what TJ saw doesn't rule it out.

so going into detail of "how" and "where" and "when" doesn't really matter. if you believe she was there and her baby is there, then it's your belief. it's just as right as believing that it was all a dream. and i think it was a dream. perhaps induced by the Faith aliens, i don't know.

all i know is, i'm incredibly interested in the coming episodes

Comment

Whatever type of lifeform created the Faith planet has undoubtedly become interested in Destiny and the people onboard. I think that planet was constructed, specifically for them, placed specifically there, to try and tempt at least some of the crew off the ship.

They are now keeping tabs on Destiny. It's possible they could even send them/the ship home, but have understood the reason for Destiny and want to see it complete the mission it was meant for...

Comment

Based on her sighting of the nebula at the end, I believe it is hinted that TJ's experience was real. I think that the exact similarity of the nebula was to show TJ that her baby was indeed alive at the planet and only TJ would understand this because of the bizarreness of the situation .
                        However, I believe it would be considered both a spiritual and real event. It would be real in the sense that TJ's consciousness and thus her true self was on the planet as the aliens gave her the opportunity to see her child one time before they were indefinitely separated. However, I think the spiritual aspect of this involves how the aliens managed to bring the baby to life and transfer one's mind from its original body and assign it an identical one .

However, it may be important to consider that a since we do not know a great deal about the aliens, we cannot truly comment as to whether such a transfer would be because of a high level of spirituality or merely because of highly advanced technology. However, assuming that the occurrence was real, it seems probable that there was a spiritual element as the essence of spirituality would have been the reason for the aliens going through the effort of bringing the baby to the planet for its own well being.
                        Abbas Karimjee
                        www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                        The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

I think it was subconscious trip for TJ and real for the baby, Caine and the others we saw on the planet. I think they are all dead and this planet is kind of a sanctuary where their souls are living (resting) and the Builders are watching over them. But I'm sure they will be given new bodies, just like Daniel did, if they desperately needed to go back or something like that. And just like Daniel didn't later remember anything, so would they. So, even if TJ would meet Caine and the others on board of a shuttle or somewhere else, the destiny of her baby would still remain unknown. At least for now. Perhaps she will live through other mind trips to meet her baby, while sleeping for example. So that she could kind of stay in touch, yet out of reach. And perhaps see nebula every time.

Comment

I'm not being awful but whose to say the Carmen on the faith planet is same one as TJ would have given birth to. As to the aliens they would be just providing a baby to a human, so why would they care it's not the same one. That way they only had to bring TJ's mind to the planet and give her a 'temp' body.

Like another poster said I believe the planet moves through space and to other galaxies so that's why TJ saw the nebula in the sky on the planet and from the Destiny as the planet moved.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              I think you're jumping to conclusions. It's one character seeing an advanced alien and believing that it's something mystical, that's seems in keeping with what we've seen before in the franchise. It's not like they're being portrayed as magic, that's just Caine's interpretation, just like the Goa'uld or the Ancients were never magical, but the Jaffa assumed they were.
                              Actually, Caine has never once stated that the aliens are magical or god-like. He's merely described them as powerful or mystical. In fact, the fact that he keeps referring to them as aliens and "those who built this place" indicates that he doesn't believe them to be magical, simply advanced.

In fact, that's how the PTB have chosen to portray them: As seemingly benevolent and highly advanced aliens.

Comment

if it was spiitual it doesn't bode well for those left on the planet, because if TJ was only there in spirit then so were the others. Another solution could be time travel, the planet builders could have taken TJ and but her back within a nanosecond, no one would have noticed she'd gone. Maybe they healed Chloe too?

Comment

Working...
                                X