TJ's trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Stargate always has had deeply spiritual advanced races, long before the concept of ascension (again spiritual) was ever mentioned we had the Nox.
    Magic = Spirituality? Paul Daniels for Pope!

The Nox refused to interfere in Tau'ri affairs. The Ascended Ancients had a policy of non interference, those that break with that policy were outcast. The Ori take an active hand in human affairs and look how that turns out; a fanatical religious crusade. Traditionally in SG religion has been a means of control of an advanced species over a primitive one. I hope the writers don't veer away from this in SGU.
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

I think it could have been TJ's way of coping with losing the baby. Instead of admitting that the baby had died, her mind concocted that scenario where the baby is safe but she just can't see him. Much like an advanced case of denial or telling a child their favorite dog is now on a farm.

Another possibility is that the planet that she left the baby on is heaven or limbo, which explains why the baby could stay but she had to go. The baby died and TJ lived, so she had to go back

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
        Given that the baby is dead id guess that she was tripping. Probably the result of a combination of the shock of being shot and some of those cool alien drugs they have concocted from venom / plants / other sources they have come across on their journey so far. The Dr's who 'stoned' in probably gave her an OD on the landsquid venom.

As a devout atheist I enjoyed Stargate' s take on religion; the portrayal of advanced races taking advantage of primitives by exploiting their religious delusions. Im disappointed that the writers seem to be turning their back on this convention and 'deifying' technologically superior races with all this spiritual mumbo jumbo, it just seems a bit of a needless U-Turn.
        I think you're jumping to conclusions. It's one character seeing an advanced alien and believing that it's something mystical, that's seems in keeping with what we've seen before in the franchise. It's not like they're being portrayed as magic, that's just Caine's interpretation, just like the Goa'uld or the Ancients were never magical, but the Jaffa assumed they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
          I think it could have been TJ's way of coping with losing the baby. Instead of admitting that the baby had died, her mind concocted that scenario where the baby is safe but she just can't see him. Much like an advanced case of denial or telling a child their favorite dog is now on a farm.

Another possibility is that the planet that she left the baby on is heaven or limbo, which explains why the baby could stay but she had to go. The baby died and TJ lived, so she had to go back
          Very good post! Green for j0000! Alternatively perhaps it was a Planet Builder contacting her through her subconscious and utilising familiar figures and situations from her memory to be able to communicate in an understandable manner?
          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Very good post! Green for j0000! Alternatively perhaps it was a Planet Builder contacting her through her subconscious and utilising familiar figures and situations from her memory to be able to communicate in an understandable manner?
            Seriously, did so many people really miss that F-ing ginormous nebula?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              I think you're jumping to conclusions. It's one character seeing an advanced alien and believing that it's something mystical, that's seems in keeping with what we've seen before in the franchise. It's not like they're being portrayed as magic, that's just Caine's interpretation, just like the Goa'uld or the Ancients were never magical, but the Jaffa assumed they were.
              Where does Caine say they are magical or godlike? Cant recall that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatz View Post
                Seriously, did so many people really miss that F-ing ginormous nebula?
                And as I said, how many 'F-ing ginormous nebula' are there in any given galaxy?

Comment

And as I said, how many 'F-ing ginormous nebula' are there in any given galaxy?
                  Dunno, over 9000? Still, are you implying that they CGId the same nebula in a dream like state where there was no hay to be sure if it was real AND real life just to screw with us.

You are taking the one thing that somehow proves the dream to be something more and disproving it by suggesting it was random, and then accept a theory that by all indications seems to be false (by this I mean there nothing that suggests it was just a dream).

Comment

Yeah, that was a really interesting side-story with TJ. I liked it but I'm interested to see if it goes anywhere in the future. Hopefully...but then again, there is some intrigue in it mostly staying a mystery.

We'll see
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Where does Caine say they are magical or godlike? Cant recall that?
                      He doesn't in so many words, but the way he talks about them in Faith and this episode he seems in awe of them as if they're some sort of higher power, and that their meeting is fate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatz View Post
                        Dunno, over 9000? Still, are you implying that they CGId the same nebula in a dream like state where there was no hay to be sure if it was real AND real life just to screw with us.

You are taking the one thing that somehow proves the dream to be something more and disproving it by suggesting it was random, and then accept a theory that by all indications seems to be false (by this I mean there nothing that suggests it was just a dream).
                        If I could understand your jibber jabber^ then I would reply but unfortunatley it escapes me.

Comment

I think you all missing one thing, the baby. That baby is big enough to have a body. So when the doctors try to save TJ, they must remove the baby's body.

So if the baby's body is truely exist, that baby in the cabin cannot be true, the trip must be spritual.

Comment

If I could understand your jibber jabber^ then I would reply but unfortunatley it escapes me.
                            I rewrote it so many times that even I have a hard time understanding what I meant.

Thoughout all TJ scenes Caine insisted it was real and that the others wouldn't believe her because she didn't physically leave the ship. This is not really a point in my defense since every hallucination scenario in Scifi has this element. But then we get the nebula. The one thing that was obviously put there as a hint that it was not just a dream.

For those accepting the "it was just a dream theory" the only valid point I see is that she never physically left Destiny. But we have seen out-of-body experiences in Stargate and also the Nebula supports this.

Yet you imply that the nebula could have been random, only to support your theory.
                            And about the physics stuff, I have no idea how meny nebulas a galaxy can have, it should be relative to size. I'm guessing millions. But the chance of someone hallucinating a nebula identical to which she'll see the next day...

Comment

What do we know for certain? TJ's body did not leave the infirmary on Destiny and that the doctors brought in via 'stoning' were unable to save her baby.

Perhaps the planet builders communicate via 'dreams' or 'hallucinations?' It is not necessarily Caine that she was talking to, superior beings in the SG universe have a habit of disguising themselves to ensure their true identity remains a secret.

Comment

You may have a point...

Let's do this. We leave this for now. Hopefully it will be cleared in the ep where
                                Spoiler:
                                they apparently arrive in a Shuttle
                                . If I'm right I'll try to find you around here. If you are... I'll probably avoid you as long as I can

Comment

Working...
                                X