So, is Young still "the man"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, is Young still "the man"?

Given how ineffective Col. Young was regarding the most recent crisis is he still "the man" on Destiny? Rush stayed free, Rush stopped the Lucian Alliance, Rush retook the ship, Rush got everyone back on board. Young seems to have fallen down just as Rush predicted, "unable to make the 'hard' decisions."

Is it time for Young to step aside?
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

No of course not , Young is still young and can kick people or aliens
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

With the Lucian Alliance now disarmed and minus the crazies, they would most likely be assimilated into the civilian population over time. Young and Varro's bromance would be needed to show strong leadership to keep the LA inline. I don't think it's an issue about efficiency, the leader is not the technician, he just needs get control people and maintain order. Even if it means you have to fear him. It is a form of leadership.

Comment

Rush definitely dominated tactially in this episode and proved his psotion holds far more power on board desitny than Youngs.

I personally liked Varro and was/ am hoping he becomes a permanent character to provide some leadership alongside Young and Rush (and i suppose Wray to keep the civilians happy )

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
          Given how ineffective Col. Young was regarding the most recent crisis is he still "the man" on Destiny? Rush stayed free, Rush stopped the Lucian Alliance, Rush retook the ship, Rush got everyone back on board. Young seems to have fallen down just as Rush predicted, "unable to make the 'hard' decisions."

Is it time for Young to step aside?
          With how Greer and Scot seemed to sing his praise at the end of the ep, i would say Young has dropped some points on the 'man ometer'.

Comment

So, is Rush the "new man"?...Yes, even though..."The man is a coward and would never sacrifice himself"...

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              "The man is a coward and would never sacrifice himself"...
              That is because he is smart and has a self-preservation instinct .
              But the real man is the LA girl .
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

In a situation like this, Plato is correct when the smartest person should be the leader, unless they are McKay

Comment

I think Rush would sacrifice himself with the proper motivation. It was a risk to sit in the download chair in "Human" even with the safeguards in place.
                  All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I think this is helping tip the balance in Rush's favour, but I doubt there'll be any change in command just yet, not before even more people lose faith in Young.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                      I think Rush would sacrifice himself with the proper motivation. It was a risk to sit in the download chair in "Human" even with the safeguards in place.
                      Calculated risk with huge personal gain .
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

webxro,

A risk nonetheless. One that could provide benefits for everyone on the ship.

KEK,

I don't think Rush wants to be in charge. However, he wants to be the "Grand Vizier" pushing the throne where he wants it to go. Being in charge makes him an even bigger target. He hasn't tried that since Episode 1

Comment

Rush was, is and will ever be "the man"
                          sigpic

Comment

Of course he is. Destiny is still a military base
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought Colonel Telford deserves a big pat on the back. He tried to get Dannic to stop, to the point he was about to be shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X