Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should the Lucian Alliance prisoners be dealt with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should the Lucian Alliance prisoners be dealt with?

What is the best way for the Lucian Alliance prisoners to be dealt with?

Should they be marooned on a planet, kept under guard on the ship or just spaced?

What do you think the writers will do?
    Last edited by Blackhole; 28 September 2010, 11:33 PM.

keep them around not enough now to be much of a threat plus we have the upper hand anyway
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Some will be blended in with the regular cast and eventually become members of the "crew"; probably a few will be killed along the way. I suspect the female LA scientist will start working with Rush and Eli. Varro seems to be willing to work with the Destiny castaways, but given that he was in the group that tried to take over Destiny and get rid of the castaways (and he killed the Destiny crewman who tried to grab the weapon that injured and killed quite a few in the infirmary at the end of last season), I don't think people will trust him that easily. But I could be wrong.

Comment

^
        part of it depends on how much happens off screen. between eps
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

They will fall into the black hole of incurious characters. Seriously no one on that ship once asked them what they marooned themselves for. Not one person was curious. Not Rush, not Eli, not even the Colonel. These invaders show up and attempt to take over the ship violently and no one pauses to ask them why.

I honestly think the writers of this show are just missing a glaring part of this story. I know they want to keep us in the dark right now as to their intentions, but it just makes no sense. Now they have lots of prisoners and more mouths to feed, and still no one bothered to ask them what they came for. I'm having a hard time believing any common sense went into the script for this season premiere. These people all know they might die on that ship and never get home and here comes a whole new wave of stranded passengers and no one wonders why they would voluntarily come.

Heck it could as been as simple as Chloe briefly mentioning the LA people being marooned and whats the point during that whole locked in the plant room scene. All the other characters could have ignored her for all I care as long as SOMEONE asked the damn question. Seriously who hired these writers?

Comment

Originally posted by Paladine View Post
            They will fall into the black hole of incurious characters. Seriously no one on that ship once asked them what they marooned themselves for. Not one person was curious. Not Rush, not Eli, not even the Colonel. These invaders show up and attempt to take over the ship violently and no one pauses to ask them why.

I honestly think the writers of this show are just missing a glaring part of this story. I know they want to keep us in the dark right now as to their intentions, but it just makes no sense. Now they have lots of prisoners and more mouths to feed, and still no one bothered to ask them what they came for. I'm having a hard time believing any common sense went into the script for this season premiere.

Heck it could as been as simple as Chloe briefly mentioning the LA people being marooned and whats the point during that whole locked in the plant room scene. All the other characters could have ignored her for all I care as long as SOMEONE asked the damn question. Seriously who hired these writers?
            I disagree. I think the reason will be revealed later. Dannick said everyone who came on board was willing to die. I doubt that they would all maroon themselves on a ship a universe away unless there was a very good reason to do so and a good chance of getting back. I suspect their rational will be revealed soon and it will be the source of a new major plot development.
            Last edited by Blackhole; 28 September 2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

doesnt this just scream Maquis and starfleet? Voyager...

I say airlock the useless ones(all the thugs and hired muscles).. waste of breathable air and food

Comment

The Maquis didn't start out as invaders. Voyager glossed over the problems all too quickly, then started dragging them up later on. This show is doing it in the right order. These people need to earn trust first.

Comment

I think Varro and that scientist woman who scragged Dannick will definitely be more prominent among the LA crew that would be considered trustworthy. The crew knows that they went to bat for them, so to speak. Varro is a straight up commander-type and may prove to be a valuable asset if he can gain everyone's trust. I for one hopes he sticks around because Mike Dopud is a badass.

Simeon, I can already tell, is going to be trouble. I think the LA folks that want to cooperate with the Destiny crew are going to have problems with the LA that don't want to cooperate.
                  sigpic

Comment

Slaughter the lot of them, the Destinites need protein to vary their diet.
                    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Keep them in that room.

Or wait until the perfect moment for them to give Young a reason to throw them off the ship.
                      Tst

Comment

Originally posted by NightWarp View Post

I say airlock the useless ones(all the thugs and hired muscles).. waste of breathable air and food
                        But there are some who could prove useful.. such as the red head.. she seems competant as a tech

Comment

Originally posted by NightWarp View Post

Heil!

Comment

Varro and Koz definitely have very good chance to stay, no doubt that Simeon will be a goner. Can't figure what they will do about Ginn.

Comment

Varro seems to be willing to work with the Destiny castaways, but given that he was in the group that tried to take over Destiny and get rid of the castaways (and he killed the Destiny crewman who tried to grab the weapon that injured and killed quite a few in the infirmary at the end of last season), I don't think people will trust him that easily.
                              Of course he killed him. That was a shoot or be shot scenario.

I honestly think the writers of this show are just missing a glaring part of this story. I know they want to keep us in the dark right now as to their intentions, but it just makes no sense. Now they have lots of prisoners and more mouths to feed, and still no one bothered to ask them what they came for. I'm having a hard time believing any common sense went into the script for this season premiere. These people all know they might die on that ship and never get home and here comes a whole new wave of stranded passengers and no one wonders why they would voluntarily come.

This is something that has bugged me for some time. Is it really that hard to realise that this is a SERIAL show, and that stuff like that is going to be revealed bit by bit? Besides, during "Incursion" and "Intervention" there was no time to stop and think. I'd be surprised if the question even crossed their minds.

Comment

Working...
                              X