Rush willing to sacrifice the remaining crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush willing to sacrifice the remaining crew

If you were in his shoes what would you have done ?

I would have done exactly the same...naive eli would have happily handed over the ship to the LA and gotten exiled on that planet along with the remaining crew or worse gotten all of them killed.

Yes. 3 lives is less then the ship and everyone stranded on that planet.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

As much as I do not like Rush, I really like Rush. I hate the things he does and says, but then it makes sense. He evaluates things on facts, and not so much what if's. This is how it is, this is what has to be done. The end.
      Eli on the other hands see lots of "what ifs" and tries to hold on to them. He could not bring himself to sacrifice people, even if it was for the best. He would try his best to do whatever he could to keep people alive.
      That being said... we know Eli would never be in control... he couldnt make that kind of decision. Even if he knew it was for the best... or if people agreed to be sacrificed...

Considering the situation, I probably would have an "Eli" moment... and would have to let someone else make that call. I would not want to hand the ship over, nor would I want to be responsible for 3 other lives.
      I may know that in the end it is the right decision, but I just couldnt do it myself. Someone else would have to have lock them out of that room.
      *total 'civilian' like answer* LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Yes. 3 lives is less then the ship and everyone stranded on that planet.
        I'm not to sure that Rush would have "accidently" not stopped the ship form jumping before saving the rest from the planet.

Comment

I saw Rush's willingess to sacrifice the crew as sort of a commentary on Young's failure to sacrifice Telford when the Lucian Alliance first boarded the ship. If he had done that, this whole thing would have been prevented (thus a lot of good drama and action would not have happened lol), lives on both sides would have been saved. Rush was willing to do what Young could not do, and Young's decision was just one life. I think it amplified that Young wasn't supposed to be in command, and I hope we look more in depth into Young's military history in the future to see what makes him tick.
          That is just my two cents.

Comment

the needs of the many out weight the needs of the few.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I would have bluffed it, but I probably wouldn't have made the sacrifice. I don't have that in me.

Comment

the lucian alliance would probably have killed the others once they were no longer useful, i mean danik? wanted to kill all the crew, and with varo out of the picture he would of, so risking your crew weighed against them dying anyway seems rush made the right call

Comment

It was a game of wills between Dannick and Rush. Both were willing to go to extreme measures to come out on top. It just happened to be that there were more reasonable types among the LA, like Varro and the woman who scragged Dannick. If the LA were all like Kiva and Dannick, the Destiny crew would not have been able to re-take the ship.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would have done the same too. There's still a remote chance that when the pulse hits, Scott and the others maybe in a more sheltered area. Could be fluke who knows. Just like running to the otherside of the ship.

Comment

If Rush had given in (bluffed, instead of following through with his plan), then the remaining crew would have died anyway. No doubt the crazy Lucian Alliance dude would have killed Scott and Greer on sight, probably would have killed Wray and TJ, and had already tried to kill Chloe, Eli, and Brody. He probably wouldn't have kept Rush alive for long either, once he outlived his usefulness. So for Rush, the choice was basically either surrender and everyone dies, or stand by his threat and save at least four of them, and possible the rest of the crew down on the planet. He couldn't do anything to save Scott, Greer, TJ, and Wray.
                      Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

He's always been an advocate of making decisions that benefit the greatest number of people. Granted, he is very cold about it, but still. In hostile situations, people are sacrificed for the benefit of the many all the time.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Nemises,

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                          If you were in his shoes what would you have done ?

I would have done exactly the same...naive eli would have happily handed over the ship to the LA and gotten exiled on that planet along with the remaining crew or worse gotten all of them killed.
                          Not sure. It's easy to sit back and try to be rational about something like that but until you are in the situation it's pure speculation. Part of me would like to think I could be coldly rational and sacrifice those people. Another part of me hates that part of me.
                          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I think I would do what Rush did. Not just because of the "a lot > few" but also because my survival instinct is quite powerful. Also, the only two they knew for sure were still alive (Scott and Greer) already gave the "blessing".

Comment

The LA had already killed members of Destiny, and the entire rest of the crew was stuck on the storm planet with no chance of survival. Really was a numbers game of loose a couple of their friends or let everyone else on the storm planet die. Rush made the right decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X