No announcement yet.

Lucian Alliance gave up too easily ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention, a military commander is not supposed to have morals. He's supposed to make the best call to save the lives of those under his command. Young did that once back on Icarus, when he ordered the first test to be shut down.

So ironically, Rush would make a better military commander than Young. And I still don't think Rush would make the best leader; his decisions would be coldy logical, such as when he would have gone through the list and picked the least useful to shut the shuttle door in Air. That approach ain't popular with the people.

Comment

That is ironic isn't it.. he would make a better mil commander in that light, but has not the tactical acumen that a mil leader needs NOR the respect of his crew.

Comment

Given the circumstances, I believe that they did not give up too early but rather just in time. I believe that their surrender was warranted at the exact moment it occurred. This is because it was clear that the LA was not convinced of Rush’s assertion it would be possible/ realistic for the ship to be destroyed [ both in the full effect of the pulsar at the time abd Rush’s commitment towards keeping the shields at bay] as seen by how Giin and the other LA were surprised when they were about to be destroyed by the pulsar. Also, since they realized , that the next pulsar would collapse the shield entirely , they were out of options. Since Danic, maintained his position that Rush was bluffing , Telford was prompted to show how his thinking was distorted which would prompt a member [ in this case, Ginn,] to take action. Essentially, it happened on time because the LA’S leadership had fallen and its new corrupted leadership, under Dannic was moments from bringing them to death. Should the alliance have waited longer, then it would have been destroyed and thus no surrender would have been possible.
        Last edited by smart; 04 October 2010, 03:22 PM.
        Abbas Karimjee
        www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
        The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          That is ironic isn't it.. he would make a better mil commander in that light, but has not the tactical acumen that a mil leader needs NOR the respect of his crew.

A wise old sergeant once told me that if you take care of the troops, then they take care of the mission. (not that my former commander ever crossed paths with that sergeant)

Comment

i think that as the episode went along, the LA members kinda saw their plan come apart. the first strike was supposed to be a big one. it failed to deliver that. next their back and forth battling and stuff showed that Kiva, although quite intelligent failed. then Dannic took over, and it was clear he was worse. and then Telford, which appears to have quite an impact on the LA (for a brainwashed spy), questioned his authority. and dannic's behaviour didn't help.

and the episode ended with the LA knowing what we knew: they'd better work together.

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
              Given the circumstances, I believe that they did not give up too early but rather just in time. I believe that their surrender was warranted at the exact moment it occurred. This is because it was clear that the LA was not convinced of Rush’s assertion it would be possible/ realistic for the ship to be destroyed [ both in the full effect of the pulsar at the time abd Rush’s commitment towards keeping the shields at bay] as seen by how Giin and the other LA were surprised when they were about to be desired by the pulsar. Also, since they realized , that the next pulsar would collapse the shield entirely , they were out of options. Since Danic, maintained his position that Rush was bluffing , Telford was prompted to show how his thinking was distorted which would prompt a member [ in this case, Ginn,] to take action. Essentially, it happened on time because the LA’S leadership had fallen and its new corrupted leadership, under Dannic was moments from bringing them to death. Should the alliance have waited longer, then it would have been destroyed and thus no surrender would have been possible.
              I completely agree with this, after watching and re-watching the episode. The LA under Kiva would never have surrendered. The LA under Dannic? Same thing. We were watching a real power struggle here, especially when Kiva was shot/later died and Dannic took over. Took over isn't equivalent to leading. Dannic would have taken them to their deaths but they chose Varro instead and, under Varro, surrender - and living - is the better option by far
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
              X