Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Dwarf

any of you guys watch red dwarf? got any favourite quotes? episodes? seasons? news on the movie? least favourite episodes? just general red dwarf discussion.

Oh i love Red dwarf. Ive got a few favourite eps. Um all ive heard about the movie is that its being shot in aus.

Do you have a favourite character
    Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Rimmer!!! I love series 5 but they are all great.

Comment

"Your nickname was never 'Ace'. Maybe 'Ace-hole.' "

I'm a big fan of this show, but only because it's so utterly ridiculous. They dropped the ball a little during the 6th season, but it's still good up to the end. My favorite episode is probably the one with the white hole that spews out time and matter.
        It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Yes, Red Dwarf is excellent; truly the funniest series ever!

-Bloodaxe

Comment

"I can't believe it. I've been ippy dippied to death."

That show is so funny.

Comment

I liked all of the characters. every time i watch an ep i cant stop laughing.

Comment

like that time you tied my hair to the bed and pulled the fire alarm......

loved the dwarf...i debate adding it to my netflix list so i can relive the laughter
                Thanks!
                Jordan

my page
                My LJ
                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I absolutely, possitively LOVE Red Dwarf... except the Cat, I never liked the Cat What did he ever do but look at himself and act stupid?

Comment

I liked the show, they used to show it on the Local PBS station, but i havent seen it in seveal years.

Don't have a favorite charater, but the cat was amuseing.
                    http://bickenland.lonaf.com/phpBB2/index.php

This is a sig, have a nice day.

Comment

"It's cold outside...."

Very nice, one of my favourite episodes is a late one when Lister and co. on with the Canaries on the rebuilt red dwarf. Te one when the future telling computer...
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

The funny thing about the show is that it can't keep its own history straight. The episode where Rimmer takes on Kris's body, Lister informs him they never made love, but later when she joins the cast, they had quite a history and she dumped him for a chef named Tim (possibly mentioned before that, I don't recall)--and oh yeah, she's played by an entirely different actress with a different accent and for the most part, a different personality. Its little instances like that that would probably kill the enjoyment of any other show but the comedy is so great and the characters so likeable (the Cat is great btw) that it doesn't matter. Oh sure, Lister's had his appendix out twice but so what?

Another aspect I always liked is the complete and lack of alien lifeforms. For all the weirdness they've encountered, its all originates from humanity.

Anyone here read the books?

Comment

Loved Red Dwarf for the short time I got to see it. I can't seem to move to a city where the local PBS station runs anything good from across the pond, like Red Dwarf or Doctor Who.

The only line I remember right now is "Better dead than smeg." And the Arnold Rimmer song, which is too catchy to be healthy.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

one ep i liked was were dave was missing rimmer and so Kriton made a Rimmer ride and the song that was in that had me in stitches. epspecially the mini rimmers

Comment

Not only could this show not keep track of its own history, but it often defied all logic. They had a time-hop that they used to go back in time and accidentally end the John F. Kennedy assassination, but it never occured to them that they could use it to go back to before they lost the Red Dwarf, before the Cat race died out, or before the stasis leak from the first episode went and killed the whole crew.
                              It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Working...
                              X