No announcement yet.

Cor-Ai (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I am with the 3-episode quiz and the jigsaw puzzle for Cor-Ai.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm giving it a good. I actually like the Cor-ai. To me I like the examination of an alien legal system. It seems crazy to us but I see Daniel's point that most legal systems are guilty until proven innocent. Maybe you didn't need to show Teal'c's guilt but I think you can say that about a lot of character pieces.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

8 Minutes and 40 Seconds

Daniel's comment isn't too far from how we actually do things, at least socially.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

6 minutes and 50 seconds
          Jelgate is right

Comment

8 mins 43 secs
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

8 minutes and 48 seconds

Comment

Hey guys,

so I've started to watch Stargate again (DVD's are a blessing!) and I am just watching this episode and I am kind of angry at Hammond ATM (especially since he seems uninformed about US history!)

Hammond claims that the US don't stop prosecuting war criminals even if they have important imformation, which is a bold claim especially since it's WRONG!

The US stole thousands of NAZI scientists (yes, stole because their knowledge and talent wasn't available in Germany anymore! Then again Germany, unjustly, became a free for all after WWII - patents, technology, Art, valuables, guns etc...a lot of the stuff wasn't even owned by the state but by private companies...the US should be sued for damages IMHO!) after WWII, hell one of future leaders (he was one of the directors) of NASA a Wernher von Braun (who was probably one of the top rocket engineers to ever live and a visionary! He was however tainted by his past in the Nazi-Pary, sure he joined to be allowed to continue his research...I don't know what to think about him because on the one hand I admire him, but on the other hand I think he should have fled Germany, which he didn't!) was one such scientist!

The US also gave the members of the Japanese chemical and biological warfare department (especially Unit 731!) freedom from prosecution on the condition that they handed over the results of their "work" (which consisted partly of exposing prisoners of war to toxic substances etc. - meaning all of the people who worked there were war criminals of the highest order and mass murderers!)

Sorry, but a General (anybody above the rank of Lt.-Colonel should IMHO know military history and who doesn't shouldn't advace this far, ever!) who doesn't know this really needs to crack open a few books on history and get educated!

Worse: He excuses not trying to save Teal'c this way and it rightfully so riles up Jack and Sam!

Sorry George, but you are out of line!

greetings LAX
                ps: What do you think? (I didn't remember this episode being this good, hell when I saw this one last I didn't make the connection to Operation Paperclip and to Unit 731, despite knowing of their existance!)
                Last edited by Laxian of Earth; 12 January 2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I had no idea about the Japanese, but do know about the German scientists (that's European history for ya).

I watched it with a different mindset, that he isn't helping Teal'c because he's technically not an "American" or an "Earthling". However, I think in season 1 they were still trying to establish character and some were hits and some were misses. I don't see later Hammond repeat that same action early Hammond took.

Comment

The statement was never meant to be historical accurate. Stargate has always shown an idealistic version of the government and military
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

There are more historically inaccurate/iffy comments made by those who have no business making such mistakes in this series. This I can forgive due to the "Rule of Cool".
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I had no idea about the Japanese, but do know about the German scientists (that's European history for ya).

I watched it with a different mindset, that he isn't helping Teal'c because he's technically not an "American" or an "Earthling". However, I think in season 1 they were still trying to establish character and some were hits and some were misses. I don't see later Hammond repeat that same action early Hammond took.
                        Probably not - still, that was pretty damning...I find it particularly odd that I didn't remember this before re-watching the episode! That's probably why it has me stumped that way, then again first season Hammond isn't my favourite (IMHO the General should have somehow prepared for Kinsey shutting down the SGC, hell he should have gone with SG-1 on their mission - along with SG-2 and as many others as can manage (they all know what's at stake and they are all special forces, so by deffinition one should expect them to go above and beyond the call of duty!))

"Orders are orders and need to be followed!" is not a very convincing position, especially if it's a stupid one that might end up getting you freaking killed!

greetings LAX

Comment

I really liked this episode. Christopher Judge was excellent in the emotion that he portrayed, and showed his remorse for his past life.

I looked at the puzzle, but pieces seem to be getting smaller.

Comment

You can zoom in and out
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              You can zoom in and out

Fantastic! 9:04

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                You can zoom in and out
                                Which has caused me to zoom out way too far... man, those pieces were tiny.

Comment

Working...
                                X