No announcement yet.

Cor-Ai (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...the impression I convey here: your statement is incorrect. Up until now, what Teal'c has seen of the humans from Earth (from the world marked by Daniel in the sand) was a bunch of people who managed to kill two of Apophis' personal warriors. Did you catch Apophis' expression when the first Serpent Guard was killed? A bit of a "WHAT!? How dare you!" thing going on there.

Suffice it to say, it may not (it should not!) be everyday that a bunch of "primitive" human slaves manage to kill one of your god's personal guards. Much less a pair of them. Stuff like that tends to create an impression.
    Also Apophisis and therefore Teal'c Might know it was Danny and the people form the symbol he showed him that Killed Ra, they KILLED A GOD. Thats gotta mean something.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

I forgot... did they not go because they were kept by the natives or because Teal'c didn't want to?

Comment

Crap, such a boring episode. It should have never been made.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
          I forgot... did they not go because they were kept by the natives or because Teal'c didn't want to?
          Huh? They didn't go when? At the start when Hanno was screaming and the elders wanted to put him through Cor-ai?

Or mid-cor-ai, when Jack want to bust him out cos it was clear Hanno was going to kil him if he stayed?

For the former it was because of the Natives, there were to many ofthem pionting cross bows for them to take out.

As for the later ti was because Teal'c didn't want to go...
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
            Crap, such a boring episode. It should have never been made.
            Yeah, damn that blasted character development! More explosions!!

This episode was essential in defining Teal'c's character. After his betrayal of Apophis in "Children of the Gods", I just didn't buy it. Why would this guy suddenly turn around and join the humans and why would O'Neill trust him so readily? For a while, I just had to proceed with the assumption that he wouldn't be listed in the main credits if he weren't a good guy.

And then this episode arrived and Teal'c's character was finally given a reason to be trusted by me. Of course, "Ascension" kind of messed that all up, but that's a discussion for another time, I suppose.
            END OF LINE

Comment

I really enjoyed this episide also, it let us know a lot about what make Teal'c tick. One of my fav's from S1.
              O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
              Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                Ah the Byrsa. It seems to me that if I was them, I'd've moved the village a little farther away from the stargate, but that's just me.
                Persumably, the Stargate and buildings surrounding it have a religious and cultural significance to the native humans. Not to get too political here, but I'd imagine tensions in Israel would be greatly reduced if the Palestinians would just give up any pretension of ruling Jerusalem. Unfortunately, it's a holy city and neither side is going to want to abandon it. I imagine there's a similar principle at work in this episode.
                END OF LINE

Comment

well I liked it.It was better than the episode Demons.Tea'lc shows he has feelings too,that he has done something wrong,he worked for a false god who orded him to kill and now he shows remorse
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

This was a great ep, as far as storylines go. It introduced a little more about Teal'c's character, which is always nice, and it showed just how much he'd changed, not to mention how long he'd been resenting Apophis. (This is just a random thought, but do you reckon that Jaffa are allowed to form unions? Don't ask where that came from, I don't know myself). My Mom cried at the end of this one. I just laughed about Teal'c's face paint. Seriously, though, it was a great ep.

I do wonder what we're going to do to help the natives out defenses-wise. I mean, it's not like they have a lot of technology as it is, probably because they keep getting killed off before they can perfect it. I doubt that they've gotten the silk-and-amber thing figured out, let alone the kite and they key. Anyway, the point of this rather meandering bit of verbage is that I was wondering, exactly what would we do to help them out? Station troops on the planet as a precaution? Give them a few peices of heavy artillery? Any thoughts, anyone?

Comment

Didnt like this episode much but it was good how they showed that Teal'c was never really a bad person even before he joined SG-1. However, I wonder why Teal'c never turned his back on Apophis before unless it was because with SG-1 coming through the Stargate he found somewhere to go after he rebelled against the Gou'ald

Comment

This episode scored average to me. Some really good bits in it, but not enough to be one of my favourite eps. Although, I do love it when Jack says: 'Why has it always got to be something religious with you. Maybe they're coming from a swap meet!' One of my all time fave Jack lines

Comment

A so-so ep. I could identify with Jack; you wanted to reach out and smack Teal’c for giving in so readily. T's need to want to cleanse himself of the deeds he’d done by allowing himself to be brought to justice was understandable, but as Jack’s argument (about being in a chain of command that didn’t give T freewill to choose) pointed out Teal’c had less choice back then than he did now. (But then Jack (& us viewers) didn’t know Teal’c had been taught by Bratac, who was himself acting subversively by training certain Jaffa like Teal’c to think independently and do what they could for the Jaffa cause in whatever way they could…. )
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Teal'c is awfully pigheaded at times, but he's getting better. I'm starting to like Teal'c episodes more now (S8) than I did when I first saw this one.

Comment

took me forever to see this ep, I kept missing it on SciFi.
                              I really liked it. Great character developement.
                              YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                                Persumably, the Stargate and buildings surrounding it have a religious and cultural significance to the native humans. Not to get too political here, but I'd imagine tensions in Israel would be greatly reduced if the Palestinians would just give up any pretension of ruling Jerusalem. Unfortunately, it's a holy city and neither side is going to want to abandon it. I imagine there's a similar principle at work in this episode.
                                Why would they have religous significance. The stargate is where the "gods" come from and kill them. Every intelligent live form is afraid or doesnt want to die. (few exceptions for every race)

This episode really showed Teal's charchter and im really started to like Teal'c after seeing this ep.

Comment

Working...
                                X