No announcement yet.

Cor-Ai (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was a pretty good episode. It was nice to learn more about Teal'c's past.

For me though, the scene with Jack and Hammond was the most interesting because it raised a lot of moral questions. Would it have been right to send in troops, or should they let these people do 'justice'. Is Teal'c a war criminal? And we hear that Jack has also done some terrible things under orders. I know some people will have very strong views on this issue, but i really couldn't decide - both sides of the argument seem to have valid points. Those people have a right to their own justice system- even if we disagree with the outcome, does it mean we should interfere? At first i was completely against sending in troops to an essentially peaceful planet, but then when Hammond agreed with me and i thought Teal'c was going to be executed, i swung round completely to Jack's side of the argument.

What do you think?

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

Originally posted by hermajesty
      I thought this was a pretty good episode. It was nice to learn more about Teal'c's past.

For me though, the scene with Jack and Hammond was the most interesting because it raised a lot of moral questions. Would it have been right to send in troops, or should they let these people do 'justice'. Is Teal'c a war criminal? And we hear that Jack has also done some terrible things under orders. I know some people will have very strong views on this issue, but i really couldn't decide - both sides of the argument seem to have valid points. Those people have a right to their own justice system- even if we disagree with the outcome, does it mean we should interfere? At first i was completely against sending in troops to an essentially peaceful planet, but then when Hammond agreed with me and i thought Teal'c was going to be executed, i swung round completely to Jack's side of the argument.

What do you think?
      This wasn't my favorite episode, but I agree that it made you think. It's easy to take the moral high ground when a friend isn't at risk. Luckily Teal'c was able to redeem himself in the victim's eyes.

Comment

It was nice to learn tha Teal'c has been defying his "God" for awhile now
        Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Ah the Byrsa. It seems to me that if I was them, I'd've moved the village a little farther away from the stargate, but that's just me.
          LOL. Yes, this occurs to me every time I watch this episode. They have this whole society which seems to spend most of its energies thinking up ways to avoid being taken by the Jaffa and living in permanent fear of the Stargate opening. You'd think they'd figure putting a few thousand miles, some mountains, a few rivers, <g> between them and the Stargate might make it slightly more difficult for the Goa'uld. I mean, could they get any closer to that gate? It's odd when they don't seem to use the gate for travel at all.

Despite this illogic, I like this episode. It's not an A-list favourite, but it has some good moments and it's an interesting and poignant character study for Teal'c. Jack's frustration with the system and with Teal'c is well played and it's an interesting 'moral dilemma' show.

But then, I like Demons too.

Albion
          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

This episode was the one that got me to realize that teal'c WAS first prime to apophis (i never understood that). It was also interesting to see how SG-1 kept on making points and examples (that were legitimite). Daniel had a good speech but was quickly shot down with "Can he bring my father back".

Good episode.
            "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

it was good imo. i personally liked the slower moving eps of the first few seasons . but i also liked that after WW2, there were lots of questions about should the commanders be punished for killing people coz they were "following orders".
              Save us from danger, save us from evil
              Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

It's probably sensible of them to be close to the gate because at least they know when the the enemy is coming. The distance is not a very big deal for Apophis because he has all kinds of ships anyway, but if they had moved further away, they would never know when to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara
                  It's probably sensible of them to be close to the gate because at least they know when the the enemy is coming. The distance is not a very big deal for Apophis because he has all kinds of ships anyway, but if they had moved further away, they would never know when to hide.
                  they could post sentries by the gate if it was farther away and have thos sentries find a place to hide after they sound the alarm...
                  "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

this is ok i've only seen it once so it was fairly good i'd give it a 5/10.with resevations of course
                    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Cor-Ai what was the point in this episode??

Comment

^^^^i dont think there was one........but nice flashback to Apophis and a lot of off-world-ness here! so i am happy

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                          Cor-Ai what was the point in this episode??
                          I guess they figured that they had to show some of the consequences of what Teal'c used to do.

Personally, this is one of SG-1's few episodes that was not that great. They coulda done it a little better, made it more interesting or just whatever. My sister and I can't help but make fun of the way Shack'yl says "Teeeeeal'c." It is just too funny.
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

This episode is one of those real character defining episodes showing how brave and honurable Teal'c is. This episode also gave us an insight into how harsh you had to be to be the First Prime of Apophis.
                            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I watched it last night: come to think of it, I think it was too convenient that the Goa'uld appeared at the end to indirectly save Teal'C -- it's too well timed for that to happen.
                              Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

The point of it was to redeem Teal'c. Given the atrocities he'd participated in while serving Apophis, there had to be a defining moment for the character when he was shown to be decent and honorable and remorseful. To make sure the audience knew that although he'd done evil things in the past, he was now reformed as a hero. Then he could move on, having put his past - somewhat - behind him.

Albion
                                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X