Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG-1 Stargate for sale, along with other major set pieces.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 Stargate for sale, along with other major set pieces.

It looks like MGM is completely scrapping SG-1.

http://blastr.com/2010/09/50-stargate-props-up-for.php

(Thanks to Banlu for the clue-in.)

I am afraid that any hope we had for a film is pretty well trashed. It would cost far too much to recreate what is being sold off.

you do know they can make the movie without the gate, don't you?

....jeez.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post

I am afraid that any hope we had for a film is pretty well trashed. It would cost far too much to recreate what is being sold off.
      computer are your friends
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

So you are saying green screen the whole thing?
        It would have a different feel to it...but maybe....

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post

From what I understand that is the SG-1 travel gate not the one that was in the gate room because they may need that for SGU and the travel gate doesn't spin like the one in the gate room.
          I did ask JM about the SGA gate since it is also up for auction and he said "...we’ll be fine when the time comes" so I'll assume that same would be true for SG-1 should they need the travel gate.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

this isn't new to me, Propworx has been auctioning off props for a couple of months now, most of the props where used on screen.

Comment

Yeah, they will certainly use the SG1 gate more in the series so I'm sure they have one that they need. Perhaps this is the one from SG1 and they just made a new one (perhaps the old one was falling apart) so that way they had a nice one again.
              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

There are 2 Stargates, one is actually "real", i.e. fully mechanical and spins and made out of steel and the second one is made out of fiberglass designed for on-location shooting that doesn't actually work. Maybe they are selling off the latter.

It is kind off hard to believe that they'll sell off the mechanical one since they will probably use the SGC set during SGU (there is defo an episode in the 2nd season that features it).

The rest of the props are probably from old episodes that probably will never be reused, so it does make sense to sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by deathil93 View Post
                  There are 2 Stargates, one is actually "real", i.e. fully mechanical and spins and made out of steel and the second one is made out of fiberglass designed for on-location shooting that doesn't actually work. Maybe they are selling off the latter.

It is kind off hard to believe that they'll sell off the mechanical one since they will probably use the SGC set during SGU (there is defo an episode in the 2nd season that features it).

The rest of the props are probably from old episodes that probably will never be reused, so it does make sense to sell them.
                  (there is defo an episode in the 2nd season that features it)...should have been in spoilers for i didn't know this

Comment

Anyone else feel a bit pissed off about this? I grew up with this show from teen years to early twenties. It's like all hope for any movie for SG-1 or SGA is just ripped away. I absolutely hate business politics and I want my Stargate back. and sgu don't count.
                    O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                      Anyone else feel a bit pissed off about this? I grew up with this show from teen years to early twenties. It's like all hope for any movie for SG-1 or SGA is just ripped away. I absolutely hate business politics and I want my Stargate back. and sgu don't count.
                      All good things must come to an end and SGU certainly does count. Preferences aside it is considered Stargate
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Stargate Universe is as much Stargate as SG-1 and Atlantis...whether you like it or not

Comment

I'm not that bothered if we don't see a third SG-1 film, there really aren't any movie-worthy loose ends, are there? As for Atlantis, I will be dissapointed. I was hoping the Wraith threat to the Pegasus galaxy would be dealth with when the show ended, but they are still at large. I was hoping for an Atlantis film to resolve that storyline. Alas, "Enemy at the Gate" may serve as the final Atlantis adventure. While the two propose movies may not be made, at least we have 20+ episodes of Stargate: Universe to watch plus an upcoming second season of twenty new episodes. As people have said, all TV shows come to an end.

Comment

Anyone know how much the gate went for?
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Gate went for $70k +20% buyers premium =)

A LOT of stuff went really cheaply - we picked up a bunch of costumes and had a great time at it!

Comment

Working...
                              X