Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone else have trouble relating to any of the main characters?

Post Re: Does anyone else have trouble relating to any of the main characters?

At the beginning I have problems with that, the characters doesn't appeal to me much specially because they spend too much time trying to get into their stories without much action. The only ones I kind of like since the beginning were Rush and Eli. As the series progress TJ, Greer, Young, Camile pick my interest. The others still needs a bit of work.
    They hit us with guns, bazookas, tear gas, tanks, APVs, helicopters, rockets. I'm pretty sure at least one of them used really harsh language.
    --Markus--

Default Re: Does anyone else have trouble relating to any of the main characters?

I know what you mean. The only character I feel I will never connect with is Rush. I simply dislike the man. And it's not even a good dislike - like with Gaius Baltar - just an annoyed one.
    Looking for some action ? Check out http://battlestarxanthi.wikispaces.com/ and enter the new Battlestar Galactica universe yourself !

Chocoholics unite ! It can't end like this ! Not after only 61 pages and six years ! Go the Off-Topic Forum and find the one, the only true chocolate tread and keep it alive ! Make the world a better place and spread the love, the LOVE OF CHOCOLATE !

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...ight=Chocolate

Default Re: Does anyone else have trouble relating to any of the main characters?

my temperament is somewhere between greer & young, i also tend to agree with greer, vanessa and even scott to a degree, and the only characteristic i have in common with rush is not being burdened with the curse of tact.

I do not really need to relate to someone while watching a show, but I had no problem relating to the majority of the SGU characters. there was just one annoying me every time I saw him. do not even remember his name, but he got his nose broken by Vanessa James in one of the last episodes
    Grimm returns October 24

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Pizerer View Post
    I don't think I've really related to Eli at all this season. I was surprised though since eli is an overweight geek/nerd like myself. Still, I can't seem to relate to this guy.

Anyone else thought about this?
    Since they are the closest examples of real people in the SG franchise, I can relate to just about all of them. So my answer is no.

Chief Master Sergeant TuKwick_1's Avatar

Earth Symbol Re: Does anyone else have trouble relating to any of the main characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizerer View Post
    I don't think I've really related to Eli at all this season. I was surprised though since eli is an overweight geek/nerd like myself. Still, I can't seem to relate to this guy.

Anyone else thought about this?
    I can relate to Eli, I am a touch overweight and a huge nerd/geek, but I can't relate to his life situation

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    Rush- i can relate with wanting to be a loner.

greer- i can relate with his anger and doing what needs to be done in situations even if it seems extreme (divided)
    I do things that get the job done even if it means being alienated or losing a friend or two.

I like to be alone, theirs no one to mess things up.....

Quote Originally Posted by mere earthling View Post
    It's funny, one thing I have learned in life is to pretty much expect anything out of people. So, in watching SGU I find it entertaining.
    I would have to agree about expecting things out of people....

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I guess I can relate the most to Eli because hes kind of a dork and sometimes says things that no one gets. I can relate to Rush a bit because of his cynical nature. I can also kinda relate to TJ a bit because she trys to be understanding and helpful even when shes in over her head. Those three also happen to be my favorite characters.
    I often say things that most people dont get/they'n to be funny or smart..... the ding with the pie or the simulation is done....

Always in over my head...

Always cynical in my head but some what positive on the out, being cynical on the in is easier because the failures of team/self are easier and wins are enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by mi_guard View Post
    I do not really need to relate to someone while watching a show, but I had no problem relating to the majority of the SGU characters. there was just one annoying me every time I saw him. do not even remember his name, but he got his nose broken by Vanessa James in one of the last episodes
    that was really hilarious, then tj had an amused look, of course the idiot was askin' for it.

Staff Sergeant

I would relate to Nicholas Rush, Eli Wallace and Adam Brody.

Staff Sergeant

I think Scott, to me, was a very realistic character. He was a young military officer still learning how to command. However, he also had relationships/friendships with both military and civilian characters and sometimes had to choose sides. I would get really excited when Greer would go all badass on people though. Especially with the Lucian Alliance. That was epic and reminds me of some of my military buddies that I've served with. I'll agree that instead of relating sometimes I look for traits in people that I admire that maybe I would like to be more like. Sometimes you see some you're glad you don't have.