Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else have trouble relating to any of the main characters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Petra, I can see bits and pieces of myself in most of the characters, but it's not a huge thing for me to relate to the characters. I love Daniel to bits but don't relate to him at all.
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I don't know about relating but I really like TJ and Lisa Park, IMO the two best characters in SGU the rest are just annoying especially Rush and Greer can't stand those two.
      sigpic

Comment

You're supposed to relate to them? Me, I just find them so darn interesting to look at and watch go nuts and kill each other.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Arrakis View Post
          Not only can I not relate to any of them, I find myself wanting to stab most of them in their sleep. *shrug*
          Ok, creepy comment alert.
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrakis View Post
            Not only can I not relate to any of them, I find myself wanting to stab most of them in their sleep. *shrug*
            we'll alert greer. and why cause SGU replaced SGA?
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

At the beginning I have problems with that, the characters doesn't appeal to me much specially because they spend too much time trying to get into their stories without much action. The only ones I kind of like since the beginning were Rush and Eli. As the series progress TJ, Greer, Young, Camile pick my interest. The others still needs a bit of work.
              They hit us with guns, bazookas, tear gas, tanks, APVs, helicopters, rockets. I'm pretty sure at least one of them used really harsh language.
              --Markus--

Comment

I know what you mean. The only character I feel I will never connect with is Rush. I simply dislike the man. And it's not even a good dislike - like with Gaius Baltar - just an annoyed one.
                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

my temperament is somewhere between greer & young, i also tend to agree with greer, vanessa and even scott to a degree, and the only characteristic i have in common with rush is not being burdened with the curse of tact.

Comment

I do not really need to relate to someone while watching a show, but I had no problem relating to the majority of the SGU characters. there was just one annoying me every time I saw him. do not even remember his name, but he got his nose broken by Vanessa James in one of the last episodes
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Pizerer View Post
                      I don't think I've really related to Eli at all this season. I was surprised though since eli is an overweight geek/nerd like myself. Still, I can't seem to relate to this guy.

Anyone else thought about this?
                      Since they are the closest examples of real people in the SG franchise, I can relate to just about all of them. So my answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizerer View Post
                        I don't think I've really related to Eli at all this season. I was surprised though since eli is an overweight geek/nerd like myself. Still, I can't seem to relate to this guy.

Anyone else thought about this?
                        I can relate to Eli, I am a touch overweight and a huge nerd/geek, but I can't relate to his life situation

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        Rush- i can relate with wanting to be a loner.

greer- i can relate with his anger and doing what needs to be done in situations even if it seems extreme (divided)
                        I do things that get the job done even if it means being alienated or losing a friend or two.

I like to be alone, theirs no one to mess things up.....

Originally posted by mere earthling View Post
                        It's funny, one thing I have learned in life is to pretty much expect anything out of people. So, in watching SGU I find it entertaining.
                        I would have to agree about expecting things out of people....

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                        I guess I can relate the most to Eli because hes kind of a dork and sometimes says things that no one gets. I can relate to Rush a bit because of his cynical nature. I can also kinda relate to TJ a bit because she trys to be understanding and helpful even when shes in over her head. Those three also happen to be my favorite characters.
                        I often say things that most people dont get/they'n to be funny or smart..... the ding with the pie or the simulation is done....

Always in over my head...

Always cynical in my head but some what positive on the out, being cynical on the in is easier because the failures of team/self are easier and wins are enormous.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                          I do not really need to relate to someone while watching a show, but I had no problem relating to the majority of the SGU characters. there was just one annoying me every time I saw him. do not even remember his name, but he got his nose broken by Vanessa James in one of the last episodes
                          that was really hilarious, then tj had an amused look, of course the idiot was askin' for it.

Comment

I would relate to Nicholas Rush, Eli Wallace and Adam Brody.

Comment

I think Scott, to me, was a very realistic character. He was a young military officer still learning how to command. However, he also had relationships/friendships with both military and civilian characters and sometimes had to choose sides. I would get really excited when Greer would go all badass on people though. Especially with the Lucian Alliance. That was epic and reminds me of some of my military buddies that I've served with. I'll agree that instead of relating sometimes I look for traits in people that I admire that maybe I would like to be more like. Sometimes you see some you're glad you don't have.

Comment

No main character cuts it.
                                Perhaps Brody comes close.

Greer is the worst, worst than the senator (Chloe's father) and should have died on 1st episode imho. Way too volatile. Colonel Young is too aggressive, Scott is too submitted and trying to be bossy. TJ is too confused.

Civil side, Rush is a monster, a mastermind turned bad. Eli is a kid with no maturity barely getting it together by the end, also volatile. Camille is disgustingly greedy for power. Chloe is clueless borderline neurotic.

None of these people should have been anywhere near a top secret science facility on another planet, not even for any inauguration. So the story of them being caught on Icarus and later stuck on Destiny is just not believable.

The series would have been so much more interesting with calm and clever people, not a bunch of panic-driven volatile screamers. Over the top drama.

--

In case you wonder, I liked the concept, the intrigue, the stories, the soundtrack, the scenes, decor, ambience...

but none of the characters, except "the ship".

Comment

Working...
                                X