Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else have trouble relating to any of the main characters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else have trouble relating to any of the main characters?

I don't think I've really related to Eli at all this season. I was surprised though since eli is an overweight geek/nerd like myself. Still, I can't seem to relate to this guy.

Anyone else thought about this?

Rush- i can relate with wanting to be a loner.

greer- i can relate with his anger and doing what needs to be done in situations even if it seems extreme (divided)
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      Rush- i can relate with wanting to be a loner.

greer- i can relate with his anger and doing what needs to be done in situations even if it seems extreme (divided)
      I relate with Greer for somewhat the same reason.

However, why is it important to relate to any of the main characters?
      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post

However, why is it important to relate to any of the main characters?
        it depends on the people watching some people need a connection to like the characters and to understand their place in the story.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I haven't had any problems relating. I don't have to BE exactly like the person to get what they're going through and I think SGU does a great job of making me one with their situation.
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

It's funny, one thing I have learned in life is to pretty much expect anything out of people. So, in watching SGU I find it entertaining.
            SGU fangirl

Comment

I love Eli I like Chloe but I can't relate but the only characters in SG I related to are Daniel & Elizabeth & to some extent Teyla & Ronon but I still like series
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I have trouble to relate with most of them, except for Rush. I like imperfect and sometimes devious characters, without falling into Melrose Place or soap opera stereotypes. Everyone else seem to be more like draft or a rough sketch. Hard to explain. Maybe in Season 2 that feeling will go away.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I can't relate anyone to myself except eli, but i fully understand almost every characters, the only one i cannot understand is Young.

At the end of S1, he was like just afraid of making any decisions, so anybody said anything, he just went along with it.

Comment

I wasn't able to relate to any of ther characters on SG-1 and SGA either, so it's not really a surprise for me.
                    I can relate to certain decisions and character traits and all but then again, I haven't been stuck on an Ancient ship lately.
                    += +lots of children
                    Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller supporter!

Comment

I guess I can relate the most to Eli because hes kind of a dork and sometimes says things that no one gets. I can relate to Rush a bit because of his cynical nature. I can also kinda relate to TJ a bit because she trys to be understanding and helpful even when shes in over her head. Those three also happen to be my favorite characters.
                      sigpic

Comment

I never related to any of the Stargate characters. I love them, admire them, some of them were my role models when I was a kid, but I don't get why should I relate to them? I don't need it to enjoy the show. In fact I tend to like more shows which feature the characters that are totally unlike me, the more different the better. It's more interesting for me that way.

That said, I find bits and pieces of myself in many SGU characters.
                        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                        sigpic
                        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Sometimes, it's less about being like the character and more about wanting to be with the character. I often find male characters who set themselves apart to be very attractive. The viewer gets inside information as to what makes them tick and why they behave the way they do. Consequently, the ego tells you, "If I were there, I could show him I understand and he would trust me as a friend."

Perhaps unconsciously this is what we find most appealing in our favorite characters, particularly sci-fi: that intimacy shared between friends. Knowing that WHATEVER happens, they are always there and will never leave you. Think about REAL LIFE. How many people (family aside) do you know who would do what the SG characters do for each other? How many are intellectual, physical, and emotional equals? How many know just how to best encourage you? How many have the patience to deal with you when you're being plain b-----?

I think most humans are very lonely, despite all the techno communicating we do. We are, by nature, social/pack creatures. Even when we say we want to be alone, it's usually because, while we want close friends, we'd rather be alone than put up with the idiots around us.

SG offers us the Good Guys, the ones we want to have over to our house, to go out with, to spend time with.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not only can I not relate to any of them, I find myself wanting to stab most of them in their sleep. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Arrakis View Post
                              Not only can I not relate to any of them, I find myself wanting to stab most of them in their sleep. *shrug*
                              Now that's disturbing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X