Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis ~ Reclamation ~ Season 6 RPG ~SGA1~USS Apollo

<USS Apollo> <Baku Region orbit>

{Dr. Jennifer Keller} - {NPC - Nurse}

Deposited next to the MedLab, Jennifer was all efficient, and picking up the youngest of her Baku charges,she hurried them all into sickbay. The kids were fearful, eyes wide, and even Rolf hung as close to her as possible. "You don't need to worry," she assured them. Poor lambs were like fish out of water, and the emotions they'd so carefully kept under wraps was coming to the fore. "You're safe here, and me and the nurses will look after you all."

Crossing to one of the closer bays, her little entourage followed, desperate to keep her in sight. A smiling nurse caught her eye, and hunkered down to meet one of the youngsters at eye level. "Hey sweetie - " she reached out a hand and brushed hair from the little one's face, keeping the movement slow, and non-threatening - "you come with me so we can take a look at that nasty cut on your arm?" The nurse looked up at Jennifer, and gave a small nod of acknowledgement. "Is that OK with you, Doctor?"

Keller gave a faint smile. "Yeah, let's get this over and done with. They all need food and a decent shower, then some sleep." A frown creased her brow, concern filling her. There was every possibility these kids wouldn't be able to sleep, would need all the help they could get to recover from the trauma they'd been through. "C'mon Rolf, let me show you what we're gonna do."

(apologise if this makes no sense, its missing a previous persons post in the other thread)

{Major Karina Fothering} NPC

As the Apollo rocked from the impact, she looked back to her screen. The Ancient ships were preparing to fire again. "Return fire." She activated the coms again to Sheppard and the Marine team on the planet. "I'm sorry Colonel, we're taking heavy fire from two Ancient Aurora class ships. We can't remain here for much longer." Another shot from the Ancient ships clipped the shield. Karina knew it couldn't last much longer under this assault.

"Prepare to take us to hyperspace." She hated leaving Sheppard and the others behind on the planet, but they wouldn't do them much good if they were destroyed.
    If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
    sigpic

Comment

{Colonel Ian Davidson} NPC

Rounding the corner on deck one, Ian caught sight of Doctor Keller, and another of the ships medical staff ushering what appeared to be around a dozen or more children into the Med bays, he opened his mouth to call out to them as the first shockwave hit the ship. Thrown off his feet, his head banging hard against the bulkhead, he slumped to the floor unconscious, blood pouring from his scalp. A passing airman was quick to his aid. "Major Fothering the skipper is down, I repeat the Captain is down." He called loudly into his coms. "Medic, can we get a medic here." Another blow rocked the ship and he felt the rush of the hyperspace jump.

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

{Dr. Jennifer Keller} - {NPC}

As the ship jumped to hyperspace, Jennifer heard the call for a medic and spun on her heel. Leaving the infirmary, she saw Davidson on the floor, an airman tending to a gash that spurted blood. "Put pressure on the wound," she snapped, as she drew close, and dropped to her knees.

Slinging her medkit onto the ground, she pulled it open, searching for a clean pressure pad. A quick assessment told her he would need stitches, and might have a concussion, but she wouldn't be able to tell until they got him into sickbay. Taking over from the airman, she directed him, "Get a gurney and someone to help get him on it."

"Yes, ma'am," the airman said, and ran off to do as instructed.
        sigpic

Comment

<USS Apollo> <Hyper-Space> <?>

Two medbay nurses came back with the Gurney at a run, the airman not far behind. "Doctor Keller." A small dark haired Lieutenant addressed her, she held out a full field pack and then lowered the gurney to it's lowest setting. "He's heavy ma'am."

Comment

{Dr. Jennifer Keller} - NPC's

"For sure," Jennifer replied. She was distracted, more interested in seeing to her patient than small talk and she directed the nurses to either end of the Colonel. Taking the pack, she stripped off the makeshift bandage, and applied pressure to the head wound as hewas lifted onto the gurney. As they were pushed back to sickbay, Keller applied pressure to the wound, and snapped out another order, "Get a scanner ready. I need to check this man."

"Yes, Doctor." The dark-haired lieutenant was already on the case and Jennifer watched her quiet efficiency with approval.

Activity in sickbay increased as the equipment moved into place. As soon as the gurney drew alongside the scanner, Jennifer signalled to one of the other medics to join her. "Hold this - " she said, not needing to indicate what she meant, and jumped from the gurney - "and I want suture and needles ready."

Operating the scanner, Jennifer ran the machine over the wound, checking for more than concussion, ascertaining there was no fracture, no swelling to the brain. No need for an operation... She breathed a sigh of relief when the machine revealed no true damage. A concussion she could live with, and so could the Colonel.
            sigpic

Comment

{Coms Officer} NPC

"Major we're receiving damge reports from Engineering. We dodged a bullet, nothing we can't fix....a small fire in the aft hangar storage has been contained. But we have a number of casualties, burns, broken bones, the usual thing ma'am." He listened as the reports came in. "Advising med bay, incoming."

Comment

{Dr. Jennifer Keller} - NPC's

"...Incoming wounded..."

As the sound poured through the med bay, Jennifer reached up to tie her hair back. Grabbing a stethascope, she flung it round her neck, and barked out another order. "Keep the kids out of the way, and set up for triage. You know how this works, people."

A barrage of 'yes, ma'am' followed, and Keller was gratified, again, to see the efficiency of her staff. Crossing to where Rolf and the other Baku children stood, she reached for his hand, hoping she could quell a little of their fear. This was too soon - another, unknown terror sent to divest them of the small sense of safety they'd had. "Don't worry," she said, voice soft, "nothing can hurt us at the moment."

There was no point explaining the physics behind hyperspace, they wouldn't understand, but they also needed to know she could still be trusted. She made a choice. "Airman." Her call alerted the airman - his name badge said Hollis - who came over at her summons. "Take them to the mess, Hollis, get them some food, and then find somewhere for them to sleep."

Hollis gave a sharp nod of acknowledgement, and smiled at the kids. "Have you tried blue jello?"

Jennifer turned her attention to the job needing her attention now. The kids were safe, and that was all that mattered.
                sigpic

Comment

Though Karina hadn't expected for her commanding officer to be taken out of action, she did her duty and took control of the situation. They had to get back to Atlantis, get their wounded seen to and get themselves together so that they could get back to those they had left behind.

"As soon as we drop out of hyperspace, I want to open up a communication with Atlantis," she said, turning to a coms officer, "and tell them to prepare for incoming wounded."
                  sigpic

Comment

<USS Apollo> <Atlantis Orbit>

{Captain. Sean Hadley 3ic} NPC

The 304 exited hyper-space quite near to Atlantis's home planet, looking so much like Earth. The continents were different, but from the Apollo's position, few could discern the difference. "Major I have Atlantis, they ask for the wounded to be beamed into the gate room, they'll have medical teams on standby."

Comment

"Do so," responded Karina. "Patch me through to Atlantis." She waited for the nod from the technician before speaking. "Atlantis, this is the Apollo. I regret to inform you that we were unable to retrieve Colonel Sheppard and his team before we were set upon by two Ancient Aurora class ships. Our wounded are being beamed down to you now, over.
                      sigpic

Comment

{Dr. Jennifer Keller} - {NPC}

Satisfied she and her team had done all they could, Jennifer checked on the still unconscious Colonel before switching on her com. "Hollis, are you still in the mess?"

There was a prompt response to her query. "Yes, Doctor."

"Stay where you are, and I'll join you directly." Gesturing to a colleague, she said, "Keep me apprised of the Colonel's condition, when he's transferred to Atlantis." She would go planetside as soon as she'd talked to the kids. They needed to go there too.
                        sigpic

Comment

{Baku orphan}

One of the smaller girls had followed Jennifer, out of sight she was so small, clinging to a raggedy doll. She avoided the airman's eyes and so he missed her when he ushered the others to the mess. With a soiled face and bright brown eyes, her long red locks astray, with typical five year old bravado she grabbed hold of the good doctors leg. "Mistress, will you be my mummy now?" Her eyes began to water as she looked up to the pretty lady. "My name is Jacinta...something." She was definitely going to cry, always a good pull on adults.

((Isy we can transfer to Atlantis now, until Apollo returns to Baku))

Comment

Karina listened as the response from Atlantis came in. She could understand their concern for their missing people. "We shall be returning as soon as our wounded are seen to and we have made necessary repairs." She took a deep breath. Colonel Davidson was injured in the attack, he will be one of the casualties beamed down to you."
                            sigpic

Comment

{Dr. Jennifer Keller}

A little alarmed by the tears, Jennifer stooped and picked up the child. "Hey, don't cry, sweetie, things are going to be alright." Jacinta sobbed, resting her hot little face against Keller's neck. "Let's go find your friends," she said, tones gentle, "and then we're going to go to Atlantis. OK?"

The tiny nod against her shoulder was enough to let Jennifer know Jacinta trusted her, and she picked up speed, heading unerringly for the mess.

((OOC - OK. Will transfer for next post. ))
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X