Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBC Lands J.J. Abrams' Project With Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn

J.J. Abrams Is Now Pitching the New Locke–Ben Linus Show

Forget Rizzoli & Isles: Are you ready for Linus & Locke? In news that could cause the Lost fan base to have a synchronized aneurysm, Vulture hears that last week, J.J. Abrams and frequent collaborators Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec (Alias, Mission: Impossible 4) began pitching a comedic drama to the networks that would have Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn — a.k.a. Benjamin Linus and John Locke/Smokey — playing former black-ops agents.

The idea of Emerson and O'Quinn reuniting isn't completely new: In February, the duo told TV Guide that they were looking to put together a post-Lost TV project for themselves; the rumors were revived again last month when Emerson repeated his hopes for a new show while doing publicity for the Lost full-series DVD collection. Still, all the talk seemed to be in the realm of "maybe one day." Turns out plans for a show are very real and very active — and the involvement of Abrams and other Bad Robot types means there's a really good chance the project will soon find a home.

As always with all things Abrams, details are sketchy, but insiders said the potential show — which we've heard carries the working title Odd Jobs — would have a dose of humor. It's not clear whether Appelbaum and Nemec will include any elements of an idea floated by O'Quinn last winter that had the two former Lost-mates serving as suburban hit men.

continues:
    http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...witter_vulture

I thought this might be a joke post to begin with, and i'm soooo happy it isn't. Michael Emmerson is a terrific actor, I'll watch anything he's in.

Thanks for the info
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

NBC Lands J.J. Abrams' Project With Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn

What do you know -- the Lost castaways have found new primetime land. A fresh hourlong project starring Lost alums Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn and executive produced by Lost co-creator/exec producer JJ Abrams has landed at NBC with a big put pilot commitment. Lost's home network, ABC, did bid aggressively on the the show and came close to locking it in. But, after the show went down to the wire with ABC, NBC ultimately snagged it. Life on Mars co-creators/exec producers Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec, who worked with Abrams on his ABC spy drama Alias, are writing the pilot for Warner Bros TV and Abrams' Bad Robot. Appelbaum and Nemec are executive producing with Abrams and Bryan Burk. Like with all JJ Abrams projects, the premise for the show, called for now Odd Jobs, is being kept under wraps. But Emerson and O'Quinn are expected to play former special ops agents.

After having done no projects with Abrams until last year, NBC has now picked up 2 in a row: last year's Undercovers and the now untitled Appelbaum/Nemec drama. NBC landed both after a bidding war with ABC. This marks the first sale for Appelbaum and Nemec under their overall deal with Warner Bros TV signed earlier this year. On the feature side, they are writing Mission Impossible: 4 for Abrams. It's been a strong selling season for Bad Robot with 3 production-size commitments. Its drama Alcatraz has already been officially greenlighted to pilot at Fox. The Appelbaum/Nemec one at NBC and another one with Jonah Nolan at CBS are both looking good to get to the pilot stage.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/nbc-...-terry-oquinn/

Comment

Michael Emerson is awesome ill definatly be tuning in
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Yes, I would watch everything Abrams/Locke...I mean Terry O quinn/Emerson would do together, hope to see Emerson in a next Star Trek Movie...
          sigpic

Comment

I think this will probably be good.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Apparently this is delayed until next pilot season, but Emerson is now attached to a different Abrams pilot. If that pilot makes it to series then the Abrams/Emerson reunion show would be nixed.
              Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Working...
              X