Two and a Half Men (602)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

I agree. But it all depends on who raises the kid. Not exactly sure this group of hunters is the right choice though. Maybe somebody like Bobby who wouldn't abuse the kid's ability.
    That's what I was thinking when I asked why they didn't take him to Bobby. Bobby does value the non-hunter life, based on the reason he told Dean he didn't tell him Sam was back. While Bobby may not have been able to raise him, he at least could have found someone who could. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to see how different Samuel and Christian are to our boys.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
      There are trust issues between Sam and Dean, which I don't like, but I think they are just important for the story. I re-watched the episode today, and Sam wasn't there when the shifter told about their dads, but he knew for sure that this creature existed, and I don't think that it's impossible that it was the plan all along to get the baby to Samuel.
      Dean was totally looking at Sam like he has Lucifer in him
      it would be interesting to hear about Sam's time in hell, I wonder if he had Michael and Lucifer as cell mates down there

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
        That's what I was thinking when I asked why they didn't take him to Bobby. Bobby does value the non-hunter life, based on the reason he told Dean he didn't tell him Sam was back. While Bobby may not have been able to raise him, he at least could have found someone who could. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to see how different Samuel and Christian are to our boys.
        I guess not even the writers were able to come up with a plausible reason why they couldn't take the baby to Bobby, so they left him out of the equation.

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
        Dean was totally looking at Sam like he has Lucifer in him
        it would be interesting to hear about Sam's time in hell, I wonder if he had Michael and Lucifer as cell mates down there
        It must have been quite short, but it's still intriguing that Sam is so blasé about it. When he brushed Dean off about talking about it he didn't seem the slightest bit traumatized or shaken.

In any case, he was in a cage, ergo cut off from the rest of hell and its inhabitants, so he wouldn't have ended up on the rack. And maybe Michael and Lucifer were so busy yelling at each other, arguing who messed up the deal that they had no time for Sam.

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Another solid episode. Gotta love race changing, exploding skinned babies!
          sigpic

Comment

FINALLY!! I have a chance to get my two-cents in....aaaand, it looks you guys have covered everything. But, since I was the one who was Little Miss Whiny last week, I thought it only right to get on here and give equal time to how much I LOVED this episode. So sorry, I might repeat a lot of what you guys said.

Ok, here is what they did RIGHT with each of these things this week made me fall in love with this show all over again.

Lisa:

How cool is she? Seriously. I still might not say she is "The One" for Dean, but that is only because I don't think there is such a thing for him. I think this is as close as he will ever be able to be. Here's why she is so awesome (and again, don't confuse this with a real-life relationship. I would slap any woman who just accepted a guy that 'drops in whenever he can and we'll be waiting'!)

-She moved for him. She uprooted her own life and her son's as well, trusting completely that Dean was right in doing so.

-She doesn't get fooled by him. She knew what he was doing when he ordered the pizzas. But she also understood and didn't call him out on it.

-She is so patient with his PTSD symptoms. She knows he is being overly paranoid in some cases, but she quietly (without nagging or yelling), tries to get him to talk about it (which he does more than most other people in his life!), and failing that, she lets it go.

-She asked first what BEN did, and then asked Dean what he did. Most mothers jump to the (sometimes right, sometimes wrong) conclusion that THEIR child didn't do anything. It shows how much she has accepted Dean into her life that she doesn't leap into Mother Bear mode, but accepts Dean as Ben's other caretaker.

-Her solution for them at the end. And basically the whole conversation. She saw everything that was going through Dean's mind and didn't feel resentful or possessive, she is trying to do what' s best for him.

Samuel (and all the Campbells):

-They killed one off, that's a good start!

-Realistic that Samuel would be clueless with a computer. Nice touch to remind us of his origins.

-While they were still these kick-a$$ hunters, making Dean look like a softie, this time, they made it look like maybe that isn't a good thing. They showed us that Dean IS special among hunters because of his (sorry Dean) sensitivity.

-BUT, Samuel also had a point when Dean said "There's just a little too much mystery with this family for me to get comfy." I agree with Dean 100%, but like Samuel said, "Then don't. But don't put it on us, all we're trying to do is invite you in." So, it does make you think that while Gwen can go and Christian is a jerk, maybe Dean shouldn't assume Samuel is all bad. (to go back to Dean's side, though: I absolutely wouldn't have handed the baby over to Samuel myself and wanted to kick Sam when he took Bobby John and IMMEDIATELY handed him to Grandpa!).

-Christian. I am liking hating him. What a jerk! But I like that. He does it much better than Gwen. And, if he DOES turn out to be on our side, that would be kinda a cool twist. I follow Entertainment Weekly on Twitter and the recap of this episode was great saying that she is just WAITING for a Dean/Christian smackdown. I would love to see that, too (assuming Dean comes out on top! ).

-Christian taking the baby. Might just be me, but from the way he was acting, it seemed like a clue right there that it was all an act for Dean, he knew he wasn't REALLY going to be raising the baby because they were just waiting for the alpha to show up. If he were going to take the baby for real, his "The crap I do for this family." would have been a little harsh for the new 'daddy' to say! Though, I did like his quick, "Go to hell, Dean." when Dean questioned it.

Dean:

Everything about Dean was perfect this week1

-I liked how his OCD ramped up to putting down salt lines at night. Totally understandable, and sad at the same time.

-I liked HIS relationship to Lisa. "Dean, no offence, but if you don't walk out that door? I'm going to shoot you." And his response to that? Not anger or hurt, just Dean; "Bet you're missing your ex right about now."

-Like I said in the spoiler thread I LIKED how uncomfortable he seemed in Sam's car. That's as it should be!

-Jensen and babies. *melt* Nuff said.

-His whole predicament with how to raise Ben safely, without resorting to John's extremes. It's a really good question, that maybe they didn't answer, but I think that's true to life, there IS no good answer to this dilemma. Sam had the best comment here about it, "Dad always said is was temporary. Said it for 22 years."

-Continuity with the Magic Fingers.

-Dean's "I'm a freakin' headcase." I know others mentioned this line. But for me, what I loved was that it wasn't said in a funny way. Dean was deadly serious and was making that point to Sam that saying Samuel is like Dean only proves he is probably messed up. Dean is self-aware enough to know that his mental health probably isn't all that great.

-I like how he REALLY stood up to the Campbells this time. Not wanting to hand the baby over, questioning everything, every motive. Telling Grandpa, "You really don't want me to answer that question." When Samuel is talking about their mom as a baby, the look on Dean's face shows that he's not quite buying this 'bonding' moment. (sidenote: check out Sam's face here. He, too, kinda looks like he is questioning why Samuel is telling them this.)

-Mostly? DEAN'S HUMOUR CAME BACK!!! Yay!! From him choosing Smoke on the Water to sing to a baby, the way he held the baby up to inspect it in the store, his crying back at the baby , and politically incorrect or not, I was laughing so hard when he gave the baby whiskey, "Good, innit?"

Sam:

This is a tricky one. Right now, I don't trust Sam any more than Dean seems to. And while I do get a little tired of the CONSTANT distrust, I am actually kind of curious to see how this one plays out. I don't LIKE how Sam is acting, but it makes it interesting. And, to be perfectly honest, since I am a DeanGirl, if one of them is acting less than kind or sensitive, I prefer to make Sam the bad guy. *runs from the SamGirls*

Sam AND Dean:

So, Sam's mystery is making for a whole lot of interesting moments for the two brothers and their relationship.

-When Dean says, "We don't know them." (about the Campbells), Sam quickly answers back, "I do." That is so fascinating, because what HAS Sam been up to this past year?

-Samuel asks Dean why he can't trust them even a little bit. What I want to know is why Sam seems to trust them completely! It reminds me of his blind trust of Ruby. Careful, Sam!!

-Sam's saying "Take it easy, man. He's my brother." to Christian. That line makes me bristle a bit each time. I think because it makes Sam seem like the older brother, protecting his younger brother from a bully, or trying to cinvince HIS gang that Dean is cool enough to join. And the look Dean gives Sam when he says this is interesting.

-Sam even goes so far as to side with the others against Dean when it comes to giving them the baby. "You have no business raising anything." (Dean) "Why, Dean? Cause he's a hunter?" Ooh, I wanted to slap Sam.

-Did Sam tell them about Dean torturing people in hell???!!!! That is so far out of line to me. That's not something that is EVER Sam's place to tell people.

-I completely agree with Dean's thought that Sam was absolutely using the baby like the rest of the Campbells. I don't think he was maybe as heartless as the others about it, but still, best intentions...(see above comment on Ruby). And while you may not be able to see him outside the motel room when the shifter talks about their father, it doesn't mean he wasn't standing outside the door listening. Either way, I think he was in on it.

-Love though that Dean can see through him. That at least is the Sam and Dean I know. Like in season 4, Sam isn't a good liar, and Dean isn't naive.

Quickly on the rest here.

Story:

-I thought the story itself was really interesting. Different, but used previous mythology.

-Like that we're doing monsters again. The myth-arc was getting a little too heavy lately, this is a good back-to-basics with a twist.

-Loved how the alpha-shifter changed so easily. (btw, poor Jensen, he can't get away from episodes where he has to play against himself! But, I gotta say, I think his little bit as the shifter was the best 'evil' Dean he's done!).

-The baby shifter basically exploding to change was great!

-In the 'didja notice' column, didja notice the pretty classic black Chevy behind Sam when he was interviewing the surviving father?

-And as I said multiple times already, the unveiling of our baby, to the tune of Smoke on the Water no less!!

Lastly, the best quotes in this show that FINALLY found the funny again (many you've mentioned already):

Quotes:

Samuel: Either we got monsters grabbing babies to make baby stew, or we got a bunch of yokels grabbing babies to make baby stew. Either way? It's baby stew.

Dean: I've been on a few milk runs.
            Sam: Huh.
            Dean: Shut it.
            Sam: I just said, "Huh."
            Dean: And I just said "Shut it."

Dean: I gotta be honest, I'm not really seeing the family resemblance.

Dean: We can't actually drop it off at an orphanage. They might get upset when it turns Asian!

Dean to Mark: No? All right, you just stand there and think at me."

Dean: You can't Angelina Jolie a shapeshifter.

Samuel: Congrats, it's a boy...sometimes.

Apologies for the length, and for the mess of typos I am sure are here, but I have ignored the kids long enough!!

-

Comment

Very well said. On every point (i think). I wouldn't really mind a Christian/Dean smackdown. i think it'd be more of an ego thing than anything else. And as a combination of some of your points, the quote from the baby aisle about Dean having done baby runs shows a little bit of the brothers' old harmless nagging relationship coming back.

I am excited to see how they treat/fix the relationship. I feel like without the Apocalypse to shift focus, it's something the boys will now have to face head on. And Sam trusting the Campbells so much just adds more fuel to the fire.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm willing to give Gwen a bit more time. They really only have had two episodes to introduce the Campbell's and that really isn't enough time to really flesh out these new characters. Though on the other side of that is I probably won't be all that upset if/when they get rid of her.

As to Christian, I got to admit I kinda like him. At this point he can either be a good guy, who is having the wool pulled over his eyes by Samuel and doesn't know what is really going on and Samuel told him something reaguarding the Djinn. Or, he is in league with whoever Samuel was talking to on the phone at the end of last weeks episode. Corin Nemic is really doing a great job with this character and it's cool to see him playing something so different from past rolls(Jonas, SG-1).

Speaking of Samuel. Did anyone else notice that he didn't exactly seem pleased to be on that phone. To me it almost seemed like he was less then willing to be taking orders from the Mystrey Phone Guy. I'm still going to hold out hope that Samuel and Christain are good guys being forced to capture all of these creatures. But maybe that just wishful thinking. Oh well I an dream.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melia View Post
                  I'm willing to give Gwen a bit more time. They really only have had two episodes to introduce the Campbell's and that really isn't enough time to really flesh out these new characters. Though on the other side of that is I probably won't be all that upset if/when they get rid of her.

As to Christian, I got to admit I kinda like him. At this point he can either be a good guy, who is having the wool pulled over his eyes by Samuel and doesn't know what is really going on and Samuel told him something reaguarding the Djinn. Or, he is in league with whoever Samuel was talking to on the phone at the end of last weeks episode. Corin Nemic is really doing a great job with this character and it's cool to see him playing something so different from past rolls(Jonas, SG-1).

Speaking of Samuel. Did anyone else notice that he didn't exactly seem pleased to be on that phone. To me it almost seemed like he was less then willing to be taking orders from the Mystrey Phone Guy. I'm still going to hold out hope that Samuel and Christain are good guys being forced to capture all of these creatures. But maybe that just wishful thinking. Oh well I an dream.
                  I totally agree about Corin. I sure hope he doesn't turn out to be a bad guy. That would not end well for him, that is certain. Do not cross the Winchesters.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Someone pointed out that they found cute babies to play in the episode, but aren't the shifters supposed to be freaks of nature with horrible deformities?? I know when they introduced this idea they were just random but it seems all of them come from the alpha so shouldn't they all be kind of ugly, it is possible the baby did look bad but first changed up near the 6 month mark making it a target for the alpha. I would really like to see the shifters in an office somewhere keeping track of all the babies they have planted.

And in a different thread I posted that the Campbell's were going to be killed off and I was right. Whenever they add a super person or people that can help out the main characters they almost always die soon. I wonder if there are more alpha monsters because there are a lot of monsters not explained origin wise. I hope we get to see an alpha werewolf, it would be super bad ass.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X