• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shield (1002)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON TEN
    SHIELD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1002

Clark is forced to partner with an annoying up-and-coming reporter who appears to be the target of an assassin known only as Deadshot. Lois arrives in Africa on assignment, only to find Carter Hall -- who knows something about Clark.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 03:40 PM.

Pretty awesome episode besides the lame suicide squad crap and the end with the flag waving and clark in his leather weird thing. Liked all the history stuff and mystery, but lame enemies and the end scene with clark.

Comment

I find Cat Grant extremely amusing, though not in the way they probably wanted.

Cat Grant is a cartoon representation of certain people within the conservative community. She has a problem with vigilantes because someone on the radio, who exaggerates and stretches the truth to suit his viewpoint, tells her to. She says things like "they refuse to change" and "alternative values and lifestyles" when referring to them. Clark immediately says "lifestyles?" in this way that suggests he doesn't agree with how she uses that word to describe who he is. She says they're not part of "the natural plan" and they have no moral center. Her entire viewpoint is preposterous.

This is so hilarious. Not because I find their social commentary insightful, but because it's so thinly-veiled and direct. Not an ounce of subtlety to it.

Though I guess that's Smallville in a nutshell, isn't it? >_>

Comment

Carter Hall is SOOOO Romantic! Now I'm really bummed I didn't bid higher on the Absolute Justice shooting script at MSOL!!
        Cat started out overdone, but maybe that was all part of her undercover act. She's a very good actress..showed a lot of emotion on her face and in her voice. But, damn...Shanks stole the show! :-D

Comment

I didn't really like Cat all that much. She started off as annoying but as the episode went on, that annoyance started to disappear but she never really questioned why someone was trying to kill her, how she survived that car explosion, why Clark was there just as she got shot. I miss the slutty Cat Grant from Lois & Clark.

I loved Shanks, but hated the revelation at the end of what will happen to his character. I was hoping we'd see more of him as the season progressed but I don't like the idea that the next time could be the last.

sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, I hate that chick. Reminds me of that other annoying headmistress from the fifth harry potter I think. All the cute stuff and just wanted her to be dragged away by centaurs or something.

Sorry, I have no idea who cat is in the superman verse, but guessing something significant but to me, she is just the epitome of a conservative politician.

Can't believe I forgot, Daniel was on! He was awesome and a sort of archeologist too! That just took me back. Was so awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
              Can't believe I forgot, Daniel was on! He was awesome and a sort of archeologist too! That just took me back. Was so awesome.
              Also, the love of his lifes name is Sharé. If I am not wrong thats the same name they gave Daniels first love.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                Also, the love of his lifes name is Sharé. If I am not wrong thats the same name they gave Daniels first love.
                Her name is Shiera (shy-ear-a). It's not the same as Jackson's wife (movie version sounds a bit different to TV version).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Her name is Shiera (shy-ear-a). It's not the same as Jackson's wife (movie version sounds a bit different to TV version).
                  Oops, sorry. It sounded so similar to me.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                    I find Cat Grant extremely amusing, though not in the way they probably wanted.

Cat Grant is a cartoon representation of certain people within the conservative community. She has a problem with vigilantes because someone on the radio, who exaggerates and stretches the truth to suit his viewpoint, tells her to. She says things like "they refuse to change" and "alternative values and lifestyles" when referring to them. Clark immediately says "lifestyles?" in this way that suggests he doesn't agree with how she uses that word to describe who he is. She says they're not part of "the natural plan" and they have no moral center. Her entire viewpoint is preposterous.

This is so hilarious. Not because I find their social commentary insightful, but because it's so thinly-veiled and direct. Not an ounce of subtlety to it.
                    Agreed. She was a laughable caricature...and majorly annoying. Don't read the comics so don't know the story behind Cat Grant, but I can only hope they use her sparingly. Nothing against the actress as she did a good job of playing it OTT, but meh on having her seemingly be the final push that Clark needed to go public.

Enjoyed this episode for Michael Shanks and the revelation at the end. Hopefully he'll be back for a couple of more eps.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Ok ep progressed the storyline a little, the whole suicide squad thing sucked though. I didnt see the point in the new outfit, i guess its to show hes taking another step toward being Superman but it seemed a little unnecessary. Just dragging out him putting on the suit, but i understand why.

Comment

Ok episode. I admit that I fast-forwarded through a few scenes, but I didn't seem to miss anything major. I liked the scene at the end with Clark and Oliver, though I laughed at Clark comparing Lois and Chloe's situations like they were at all similar. *shrugs* Tess looked super hot in the beginning.

Also, Clark's new super suit looked a bit silly.
                        Originally posted by Callista
                        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                        Originally posted by HPMom
                        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                          Ok ep progressed the storyline a little, the whole suicide squad thing sucked though. I didnt see the point in the new outfit, i guess its to show hes taking another step toward being Superman but it seemed a little unnecessary. Just dragging out him putting on the suit, but i understand why.
                          I think the new suit was fitting. Cat basically drilled into him that vigilantes shouldn't be.. well Batman. They should be out in public. The new costume change helps that, as it is another step into becoming Superman but also helps him get passed his Batman complex.

sigpic

Comment

This episode was good, i have no idea who deadshot is tho

Good to see MS again and he was an archeologist but it looks like his not going to be around for much longer

I like what theve done with Chloe, Allison Mack isnt going to be in too many episodes this season, and thats a nice way of saying why, i still think come finale that she is a goner
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                              This episode was good, i have no idea who deadshot is tho
                              As Jack puts it, that guy's a total cliche.

That's why Batman's better than Superman.

Comment

Working...
                              X