• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kali, Part 3 (301)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    KALI, PART 3
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301

After losing her position with the Sanctuary, Helen Magnus fights to save Big Bertha not only from the Sanctuary's enemies but from her own allies. In India, Will and Kate hope to restore communication with Kali and stop a catastrophic tidal wave.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 22 February 2021, 08:35 PM.

a good episode i think. I missed some of it, but it was good to see Edward redeem himself, Terrance get his comeuppance (methinks we haven't seen the last of him) and people exhibiting loyalty towards Helen

it was nice to see biggie, and is it just me or is he talking better?
    henry is FTW with his 'broadcast' to helen

there were some cute bits....like the sanctuary logo on a laptop and a few jokes. I think it's getting to be a running thing for Helen to crash choppers - she's 3 for 3 now

and i think, in fact i'm pretty sure, this story will be revisited because in a promo

Spoiler:
    we saw helen's dad wearing a mask exactly like those, so i think will will remember seeing 'dad' sometime in the next 19 episodes
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Epic beggining of the new season. I really enjoyed it .. but I don't like Terence ..
      Spoiler:
      And yes Will will remember it during next episodes .. I am curious
      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode a lot. Just a few of my thoughts:
        --Magnus was pretty much kick-ass from beginning to end. When she realizes Wexford plans to attack Bertha, she takes the helicopter and gets in the way. I love how Kate uses Helen's name to get the authorities to put the sirens on and move things along. I love how Helen disables Forsythe's man and takes his gun.
        --I didn't like Terrence, but I do believe he wasn't just out for power. I think he truly believed Helen's actions were in the wrong. It will be interesting to see if his character comes back again.
        --I'm warming up to Kate a little bit. If you were just watching the show for the first time with this ep, you wouldn't have any idea she wasn't always part of this team. She did what she was asked to do and there was no snarkiness. I even liked how she wouldn't accept that Will might not come back.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          a good episode i think. I missed some of it, but it was good to see Edward redeem himself, Terrance get his comeuppance (methinks we haven't seen the last of him) and people exhibiting loyalty towards Helen

it was nice to see biggie, and is it just me or is he talking better?
          henry is FTW with his 'broadcast' to helen

there were some cute bits....like the sanctuary logo on a laptop and a few jokes. I think it's getting to be a running thing for Helen to crash choppers - she's 3 for 3 now

and i think, in fact i'm pretty sure, this story will be revisited because in a promo

Spoiler:
          we saw helen's dad wearing a mask exactly like those, so i think will will remember seeing 'dad' sometime in the next 19 episodes
          Hehe, I didn't think about that until you told said so. I bet she'll crash one in S4. *Crosses fingers*

It was a solid episode, great start for S3.

My fave line was from Zod... Edward: "Why, why do I even hire these guys?" The new music was beautiful, and I think it fits now that the season is longer, so I think the new music is another move forward for the show. I also noticed a new pic of Helen in there. I am so glad Wexford was put in his place, and Helen got the respect of the people back, and I love that they all took her side, even the bad dudes. Edward had a chance to redeem himself, and I like that, he choose to do right, and pay for his mistakes. Robin was great, I feel her pushed himself in the episode, and it paid off. Henry was great, I love how he stayed loyal to Helen and used his brains to help her save the day, Ryan knows how to play him well. I feel Kate proved herself yet again that she has what it takes, and I admire her for risking her life to save the boy. And the other lady... Amanda. She was great as usual, I loved her fighting moves, and my only worry is if she's back ash the head of the network.

Overall it was another fine episode, and I feel they've once again set the bar, I feel everything went the way I wanted, and it was full of action, fun and it did not disappoint. I'll talk more about the episode in my replies.

Comment

Loved this episode!!

Henry wolfed out on Wexford.... That was awesome!

this was definitely an awesome episode!!
            sigpic

Comment

Supper cool episode. Really enjoyed it. AT was awesome (as always) as Magnus as was Kate, Henry and Will. Not much of BigFoot in this one.
              sigpic

Comment

As my second episode, the first being the season 2 opener, I was not lost at all. Liked it a lot.
                sigpic
                Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                  I really enjoyed this episode a lot. Just a few of my thoughts:
                  --Magnus was pretty much kick-ass from beginning to end. When she realizes Wexford plans to attack Bertha, she takes the helicopter and gets in the way. I love how Kate uses Helen's name to get the authorities to put the sirens on and move things along. I love how Helen disables Forsythe's man and takes his gun.
                  --I didn't like Terrence, but I do believe he wasn't just out for power. I think he truly believed Helen's actions were in the wrong. It will be interesting to see if his character comes back again.
                  --I'm warming up to Kate a little bit. If you were just watching the show for the first time with this ep, you wouldn't have any idea she wasn't always part of this team. She did what she was asked to do and there was no snarkiness. I even liked how she wouldn't accept that Will might not come back.
                  I like that Helen couldn't do nothing, she had to step and stop him, and my fave line was said by Edward when she was beating up one of his men. I also like that Kate used Helen as a reference, it just goes to show how much influence she has, and Kate also proved to me again that she belongs with the team.

My main concern is to see Helen become HOH again.

Comment

The opener was simply epic. I was sitting on the edge of my seat all the way through.

Some more points:
                    - In general, simply GREAT! A lot of action, but with everything going on a the end of season 2, you would expect as much.
                    - Helen standing up to Wexford the way she did! Really cool. Getting in the way with her helicopter and standing her ground was absolutely fantastic. I like the fact that it was the only thing she could do.
                    - Henry's loyalty is just a pleasure to watch. And I loved to see the Big Guy in there! <3
                    - And as some others have said, I'm growing more and more to love Kate.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    My main concern is to see Helen become HOH again.
                    See, I'm not concerned with that. I mean, she did told Terrence it was over. And he was sitting tight at the end. That covered it for me. I think Helen is back as HOH.

Oh and forgot the quote the one who talked the guy in the picture in the intro!
                    - It's Gandhi this season. ;D (Well, I think it was him.)

And I didn't like the new music. I hope it was only a new India-like song for the opener and not something that will last... But that's me.
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Ok, so just when I had to turn back to watch the Yankee game, when they scored 5 runs in the top of the 8th, I was getting very much into this episode.

It was a good way to start off a new season, and I gotta say, they really stepped up the effects for the show...........did they get a bigger budget? I just noticed things were done very well.

Anyway, good story, fun and entertaining, and just a great overall Sanctuary ep. Glad the show is back, and am making an extra effort to watch Sanctuary on Friday, even if there is no Stargate leading in or out.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        The opener was simply epic. I was sitting on the edge of my seat all the way through.

Some more points:
                        - In general, simply GREAT! A lot of action, but with everything going on a the end of season 2, you would expect as much.
                        - Helen standing up to Wexford the way she did! Really cool. Getting in the way with her helicopter and standing her ground was absolutely fantastic. I like the fact that it was the only thing she could do.
                        - Henry's loyalty is just a pleasure to watch. And I loved to see the Big Guy in there! <3
                        - And as some others have said, I'm growing more and more to love Kate.
                        Henry is a great guy, I never doubted that he would try and help his team in some way. Will, Kate, Declan and Biggie were also very good, and I think they're parts all contrubited to the episode.

See, I'm not concerned with that. I mean, she did told Terrence it was over. And he was sitting tight at the end. That covered it for me. I think Helen is back as HOH.

Oh and forgot the quote the one who talked the guy in the picture in the intro!
                        - It's Gandhi this season. ;D (Well, I think it was him.)

And I didn't like the new music. I hope it was only a new India-like song for the opener and not something that will last... But that's me.
                        I always worry. AT said it would take like 2 episodes to resolve it, so I hope to actully see it next week.

I loved the new theme, I think it's because since it's the first season with 20 episodes, and everyone has said the season is so much bigger and better, so I think the new theme is another example of how the show is growing and evolving. Maybe if S3 only had 13 eps, maybe the theme would be the same. I think it works.
                        Last edited by Rocky89; 16 October 2010, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Missed the first half sadly, but awesome episode of what I saw.
                          sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

After how terrible S2 was I was almost about to call it quits on Sanctuary. It was only when they moved it to Friday that I changed my mind purely because their is nothing else on. And after last night I'm glad I made that choice. If this episode is anything to go on then this season is a step in the right direction back to the gem of S1 and less of the tripe of S2.

Anyway enought of my whinning what sells the episode more then anything is the way the character interaction blend with the action. Despite all thats going on the writers still get time to show some interesting character interaction like the part about Kate not wanting Will to sacrifice his life or Edward having a change of heart. The action was pretty interesting too like where Magnus crashes into the Indian Ocean something like the CGI between Wexford and Henry.

The episode isn't without its drawbacks. Thier are a few eyeroll moments and cop out. I struggle believeing that Kali would agree to Will's request so easily or how the spider magiclly disappears from Will. It screams of trying to do too much and not being able to logically solve plot threads
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Ok, so just when I had to turn back to watch the Yankee game, when they scored 5 runs in the top of the 8th, I was getting very much into this episode.

It was a good way to start off a new season, and I gotta say, they really stepped up the effects for the show...........did they get a bigger budget? I just noticed things were done very well.

Anyway, good story, fun and entertaining, and just a great overall Sanctuary ep. Glad the show is back, and am making an extra effort to watch Sanctuary on Friday, even if there is no Stargate leading in or out.
                              Well said. I think it was a great way to start the season, and another reason I like the new theme is because it seems like a fresh way to start a new and longer season. Every season the step up there game, and I think they raised the bar very high this season, and I can't wait to see what's in store in the remaining 19 episodes. 19 more episodes, YEAH!

Oh, SGU is still paired with Sanctuary on Fridays in Canada, Smallville is on first, then Sanctuary, and SGU. I watched Smallville and Sanctuary only though.

Comment

Working...
                              X