• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Plateau (303)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE - SEASON THREE
    THE PLATEAU
    EPISODE NUMBER - 303

Olivia and the Fringe Division team on the other side investigate a series of seemingly random accidents, only to find that they are being orchestrated by a man whose insight into probability allows him to virtually predict the future.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 December 2013, 02:09 PM.

WOW, that was one great episode. It's incredible!!

It seems Fringe will now have that great balance between overall mythology and episode plot. It's very fun to see the differences in that alternate universe. The alternate universe itself has become a character imo.

I think the genius calculator was a great character. Even his relation with his sisters was well brought out. And the alternate Fringe team is very interesting. It's really great how they have done it.

I like how Olivia and other characters got those little differences with their alternate in our universe.

Since the episode "Peter" last year. I think Fringe is on a roll plot wise.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Yup have to agree with you there

Comment

No doubt. This was another great episode in a very good 3rd season. It may be early on, but I have a lot of faith in where they are taking things this season.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Great, great, episode. Not as good as The Box, but still great - giving a sympathetic edge to the guys Over There and continuing our Olivia's struggles made up for the lack of Walter being awesome. I'm very much digging Charlie being around and Agent Lee - I hope that when push comes to shove, they continue to be sympathetic and awesome. Poor Olivia too - Anna Torv is knocking it out of the park this season, and although I knew the emotionless act in seasons one and two was just supposed to be like that, it's great seeing Anna flex her muscles some more and just be totally awesome.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I loved this episode. My favourite in this early season yet. I adore the Alternate Universe and Walternate is bad-ass.... I loved how Olivia kept seeing Walter and Peter.... I hope she remembers soon that she is not really from over there. And Charlie, nice to see him around again....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Anna Torv is knocking it out of the park this season, and although I knew the emotionless act in seasons one and two was just supposed to be like that, it's great seeing Anna flex her muscles some more and just be totally awesome.
              Exactly my thought when I saw her Anna Torv acting and alternate Liv character.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                I loved this episode. My favourite in this early season yet. I adore the Alternate Universe and Walternate is bad-ass.... I loved how Olivia kept seeing Walter and Peter.... I hope she remembers soon that she is not really from over there. And Charlie, nice to see him around again....
                It is always nice to see Charlie. At least he is as nice a guy on that side as he was on ours. When push comes to shove, I hope he helps Olivia.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Good episode, i loved how our Olivia is starting to see our Peter and our Walter, plus the thing with the pen was very cool, loved how just one pen could cause so much chaos

Wonder if Agent Lee will ever be introduced on our side?
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

good ep, good to see those in the 'red' verse are seeing that something's not all there with olivia. hopefully this wil start to happed in the other universe
                    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*
                    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I like the shift from one to the other, this episode and the one after this were just fantastic, good sci-fi stuff.

I got a theory, what if the observers are like this guy? They have extremely high brain functions and are very detached. They arrange for everything that has been happening and will happen in the future.

I hope they dig into that story a little because it has such fantastic opportunities.

Comment

Another top notch ep, this show is one of the best shows on TV at this moment in time So our Olivia is having flashes, I wonder when it'll finally click that there's something not right. Oh I wonder when they'll click that altivia isn't our Olivia, oh I wonder how they'll get our Olivia back....So many questions *faints*
                        sigpic

Comment

I must concur with everyone else...another excellent episode! I hope the show comes back again this week!
                          sigpic

Comment

The genius calculator guy reminded me a bit of a character named Seth Border who could see potential futures and take the actions needed to cause the one he wanted, in a book named In The Blink of an Eye (originally titled just Blink) by Ted Dekker. That book made Ted my new favourite author so it's nifty to see a kinda similar idea elsewhere. (I believe Ted likes Fringe too )
                            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                            X