• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Box (302)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE - SEASON THREE
    THE BOX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 302

In our universe, Olivia joins Peter and Walter in search of a strange box that is causing trances and death when opened. Walter attends the reading of Bell's will, and is surprised by what he learns.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 December 2013, 02:08 PM.

That was a really fantastic episode. Good mix of everything - a case of the week, some added mythos, awesome Walter/Peter, Walter/Astrid, some Nina, some Broyles being cool to Walter, Peter being a hero, Anna Torv looking mighty hot and impressing the hell out of me with her versatility in playing Altlivia. Nothing to hate here. Loved the one liners:

- Peter: "At this point, nothing would surprise me."
    Walter: "Bacon flavoured pudding. That would surprise me."

- Walter: "I remember this station! There was a massage parlour right around the corner. I used to get off here."
    Peter: "I sure hope he meant at the station."

AND THEY BLEW UP A MIDGET'S HEAD. WiTH SOUND.

How awesome was that?

Good times. Fringe has won this week for me.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

that scared the **** out of me

Great episode when he licked the Jam off his tie i thought it was Brain matter and i was like thats gross

Im wondering how long there going to keep this Peter/Walter fued going for

Asprin hasnt he used that one already?
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

back to reality

I wonder:

Spoiler:
        If Altlivia is going to turn to our side, especially now that Olivia has, it appears, genetically turned in the Altverse, so there's no place for her to go home - hope our Olivia isn't gone totally.

And Peter is totally onto her already.

My wife doesn't like Fringe cos she say's it's too gory, I almost convinced her it hadn't been in recent episodes and she decided to catch up by watching the final episodes arc from last season but went to bed before we watched this, sure glad she did, with that midget going all epic obliteration I'd have had one hell of a mess to clear up

Back to the red Altverse next week I guess.

Oh btw, am I the only one to notice the connection between the way they quarantine places in the Altverse and the bus way back in the first series, I can't remember what episode it was but they found a bus with everybody inside glued up in something.... but iirc they never found out what it was...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          back to reality

I wonder:

Spoiler:
          If Altlivia is going to turn to our side, especially now that Olivia has, it appears, genetically turned in the Altverse, so there's no place for her to go home - hope our Olivia isn't gone totally.

And Peter is totally onto her already.

My wife doesn't like Fringe cos she say's it's too gory, I almost convinced her it hadn't been in recent episodes and she decided to catch up by watching the final episodes arc from last season but went to bed before we watched this, sure glad she did, with that midget going all epic obliteration I'd have had one hell of a mess to clear up

Back to the red Altverse next week I guess.

Oh btw, am I the only one to notice the connection between the way they quarantine places in the Altverse and the bus way back in the first series, I can't remember what episode it was but they found a bus with everybody inside glued up in something.... but iirc they never found out what it was...
          As far as I know, their quarantine procedures on the "other" side and what happened on the bus are the same. Maybe they were testing it on "our" side.

As for this episode, I thought it was great. I can't wait to watch it again, this time with my wife. She recently became a fan of this show, and caught up on the previous two seasons during the hiatus. I thought the ending, with Walter becoming the sole shareholder of Massive Dynamic, was great.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
            when he licked the Jam off his tie i thought it was Brain matter and i was like thats gross
            I must admit I had my hands over my face in anticipation at this moment.

This is my favorite episode in season 3 so far, but that isn't saying much.

I would like to know what Nina Sharp received from William Bell, other than the Bell, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              I would like to know what Nina Sharp received from William Bell, other than the Bell, lol.
              She probably will not be happy that Walter now owns Massive Dynamic

Comment

Fringe has become even more awesome this season. I hope this Walter/Peter thing dont last long, I like it more when they are on good terms. Bad Olivia is really sexy and awesome! I love her...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  As far as I know, their quarantine procedures on the "other" side and what happened on the bus are the same. Maybe they were testing it on "our" side.
                  Yup that's what I meant, but I don't remember the connection being confirmed on screen.
                  I wonder if that's what the big Peter in the doomsday machine is all about, it quarantines our entire universe and as you say the bus was a field test, but they needed Peter to run it at full power.

Comment

I had almost written off the 'over here' episodes of Fringe this season. That is because I thought I had anticipated a storyline that occurs in these kind of shows all the time - double agent infiltrates organisation, grows to like the organisation he/she is in, mainly because of person X, plays with the idea of defecting, and then defects... all the while the other characters (Peter, Astrid, Walter) get relatively minor arcs that do not really result in too much character development.

BOY Was I WRONG! This episode was fantastic and blew my expectations out of the water - especially in the first 5-10mins when Altlivia gets her tattoo removed - did not think they'd do that.

The best parts about this episode for me were:
                    - Altlivia hooking up with Newton - did not think that would happen for a while
                    - Altlivia and Newton planting the box and manipulating the Fringe Team (esp Peter) to get involved with it.
                    - The fact that William Bell did not just disappear last season - his death has ramifications that we're seeing now
                    - Walter being handed Massive Dynamic

Now, Walter being handed Massive Dynamic, I really hope that the writers keep up with this story and dont just have Walter go "Hi Nina. I do not want Massive Dynamic because I do not agree with what Belly was doing... Its yours now". There is some GREAT storytelling potential with Walter Owning Massive Dynamic. I believe it is a complete disaster for the world if Walter owns Massive Dynamic, BUT I believe that it might even make Walter 'step up' and focus, after a few stumbles. It COULD also be the key to ending the whole '2 universe war' if there is a concentrated effort, with advanced technology, on our end to 'make amends' on the other side (aka Massive Dynamic helping the other side or minimising the damage with Walter driving the whole thing).

Hope they keep it up! Cant wait till next week for another 'alternate' episode!

Comment

This episode was even better the second time around. My wife ended up liking it as much as I did.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

This was an awesome episode! Better than the first, I think.

Is it just me or is the other Olivia looks she seening this world in new life vs the one she been told about?
                        sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

all in all, a pretty good ep. walter is awesome as usual, he's so scared and timid and great!

my partner thinks that the bell william gave nina might be able to bring him back somehow. kind of like, ring it three times and see what happens

altivia grosses me out. sex while you're watching blood? that's just icky. everyone has their fetishes, but still.

i hope this double agent thing doesn't go on for the entire season, it will just make the main characters look stupid. plus i wanna see altivia's face when she sees her sister and her niece!
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

well to be frank it was sex or get caught (and probably not sex anyway but enough to distract).

I noticed both Nina and Walter had similar confused looks when opening their envelopes, maybe Walter is jumping the gun a bit and Nina got exactly the same, a company the size of MD would have other shareholders.

I re watched earlier and one thing that really puzzles me, is Newton - wtf is he playing at?

The story was that he had to recover the device, and presumably, transport it back to the Altverse - in that case once he finally got hold of it, what on earth possessed him to take it to a tube station, hand it over to a total stranger then walk off - why didn't he transport it to the Altverse immediately if it was that important...? Is he starting to become sympathetic to our universe?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              well to be frank it was sex or get caught (and probably not sex anyway but enough to distract).

I noticed both Nina and Walter had similar confused looks when opening their envelopes, maybe Walter is jumping the gun a bit and Nina got exactly the same, a company the size of MD would have other shareholders.

I re watched earlier and one thing that really puzzles me, is Newton - wtf is he playing at?

The story was that he had to recover the device, and presumably, transport it back to the Altverse - in that case once he finally got hold of it, what on earth possessed him to take it to a tube station, hand it over to a total stranger then walk off - why didn't he transport it to the Altverse immediately if it was that important...? Is he starting to become sympathetic to our universe?
                              Trust me, Newton isn't becoming sympathetic. "We" played right into "their" hands. The other side wanted Peter to do exactly what he did. Is is actively working on a peace of the weapon they eventually want him to operate.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X