• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False Labor (113)

Visit the Episode GuideCAPRICA SEASON ONE
    FALSE LABOR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 113

Sam Adama runs afoul of the competition while smuggling guns to Tauron. While Amanda tries to gain the trust of Clarice's family, Daniel creates an avatar of her to try and replicate the genius of Zoe's very human avatar.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 07 August 2011, 01:04 PM.

Odd episode. I liked it, but it seemed like a group of random and lovely scenes just kind of cobbled together.

But uh....do they expect us to believe that Sam has an understanding of robotics?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sam pulled a test bot out of the lab and gave it an order. I don't think there was much to it. Good episode overall - great moment with Daniel yelling at his virtual wife and Joseph's "Then my wife got blown up by your daughter" line.

EDIT: Shallow moment of the day: Virtual Amanda in her first appearance. Nice robe.
      Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 27 October 2010, 11:52 AM.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

good lord. THat episode was boring even by Caprica standards

Comment

I thought it was interesting, I liked the Taurin plot of this episode. Sam using the robot wasn't anything big, he basically gave it a command and it completed the command, it's not like the robot had any advanced AI systems.
          sigpic

Comment

I thought it was pretty good as well. Finally some more Ha'la'tha stuff, and mentions of a war on Tauron as well. Interesting
            Mia: Don't you hate that?
            Vincent: Hate what?
            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Daniel is pretty sick, arguing with his virtual wife. He is a disturbed man.

Comment

I liked this episode. Ha'la'tha + Tauren war + Cylons + Avatar programming = Win.
                Last edited by Lainier; 29 October 2010, 09:01 AM.

Comment

How does one manage to sneak a robot of that size out of the laboratory? And learn to give it orders?

Comment

how do they pass by a third shift and 'sales' to no one?

the taurons in daniel's company are helping themselves to things, namely robots.

likely too be exported to tauron itself to help with the war. dam just got his hands on one
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      how do they pass by a third shift and 'sales' to no one?

the taurons in daniel's company are helping themselves to things, namely robots.

likely too be exported to tauron itself to help with the war. dam just got his hands on one
                      The Guatrau though seems pretty much against that. After all that would attract way too much attention. Imagine if you were a mafia godfather and you just took over Lockheed-Martin, a major defense contractor. Could you imagine the consequences if you started using F-35 jets to start settling scores back in Italy? The authorities would be all over you in a heartbeat. I'm guessing Sam probably won't be able to control himself and get into even more trouble with the Guatru on this issue.

Anyway, how about some cheers for Teryl Rothery?! She went 7 years on SG-1 and not even a shot at love and now the dam breaks with Evelyn and Joseph.

Comment

If a robot showed up on the Tauron battlefield it'd be filmed by the media and then there'd be a national security raid on Graystone Industry or whatever it's called.

Comment

yeah, but sam sends the battle bots to tauron, daniel will just play the 'hey, they took over my company and did all these things behind my back' card. he'll have plausible deniability - which won't be far wrong because he really has no knowledge.

the taurons will be pissed, daniels' govt contractors will be pissed - but only because they lose their 'edge' in being the only ones to have the bots. in reality, many of them will love the real time field testing.

and, as a whole, it'll start and interplanetary arms race, with everyone being able to get and make the chrome domes, but the real gem, the sentient bots, those will be held by graystone industries. Possibly even 'released into the population' as a sort of way to defeat the chromies.

basically, the foundation for the cylon war is being laid. and, as it often is, it's not the huge people that take those vital steps, but the little guys. Some little, overlooked person that really takes that step that sets everything in motion.

sam releasing the bots is the point of no return. And once he lets that genie go, it can never be put back into the bottle.

it can also be the impetus for Bill Adama to fight. He has to atone for his family's errors. Bill knows what his uncle and father did. And he'll want to fix it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            yeah, but sam sends the battle bots to tauron, daniel will just play the 'hey, they took over my company and did all these things behind my back' card. he'll have plausible deniability - which won't be far wrong because he really has no knowledge.

the taurons will be pissed, daniels' govt contractors will be pissed - but only because they lose their 'edge' in being the only ones to have the bots. in reality, many of them will love the real time field testing.

and, as a whole, it'll start and interplanetary arms race, with everyone being able to get and make the chrome domes, but the real gem, the sentient bots, those will be held by graystone industries. Possibly even 'released into the population' as a sort of way to defeat the chromies.

basically, the foundation for the cylon war is being laid. and, as it often is, it's not the huge people that take those vital steps, but the little guys. Some little, overlooked person that really takes that step that sets everything in motion.

sam releasing the bots is the point of no return. And once he lets that genie go, it can never be put back into the bottle.

it can also be the impetus for Bill Adama to fight. He has to atone for his family's errors. Bill knows what his uncle and father did. And he'll want to fix it.
                            I agree with you that Sam will probably do such a thing but the Guatrau said in no uncertain terms that he wasn't supposed to. Typically disobeying leaders in organized criminal syndicates results in taking a one way trip to Giants Stadium. Furthermore, I'm not sure that Daniel is in as strong a position as you think he is. Maybe when when he denies what's going all of a sudden several board members have a "change of consciousness" and expose his extortion plot. Or maybe he winds up buried under C-Bucc stadium.

Comment

right, the Guatrau will bury sam, but who's gonna believe a buncha mobsters when they say we didn't steal the battle bots?

i think anti-tauron sentiment will come out in daniel's favor. He'll be the poor caprican, overrun by mean evil warlike taurons.

after all the board members did see how Daniel caved when the tauron said 'i like the commercial'.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X