Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
    still keeping my interest, mostly the silver spandex pants

must admit I did wonder what would happen if one of the vgirls got their heads chopped off too
    I like to imagine that like this scene from Death Becomes Her (though Caprica would go with the blood!)
    Spoiler:
    sigpic
    Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

For those who are wondering how Caprica is for casual or new viewers. I must say I watch for the first time a complete Caprica episode with this one. And it is horrible. Very slow.

The whole stadium thing with the 2 girls fighting (or whatever they were doing) looks horrible. The dialogue infantile.

The guy who inadvertently was made to kill another sounds more interesting from the look of it, but the whole suicide scene looked ridiculous, but still it seems there's a story there. Obviously, I don't know if there's since I know nothing about Caprica.

The rest of the episode was a lot of pretentious non-sense for a new viewers for me. Much too slow in it's rhythm to be interesting. The dialogue is boring and is of no interest for someone who didn't follow the series. I still trying to understand what's the deal with father stealing the plan of it's daughter to build a robot. Unless his daughter is a engineer I hope he only stoled the look of the robot, not the design.

The girl in the stadium is kinda of good looking but that's not enough to peak my interest in that dreadful show.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        For those who are wondering how Caprica is for casual or new viewers. I must say I watch for the first time a complete Caprica episode with this one. And it is horrible. Very slow.

The whole stadium thing with the 2 girls fighting (or whatever they were doing) looks horrible. The dialogue infantile.

The guy who inadvertently was made to kill another sounds more interesting from the look of it, but the whole suicide scene looked ridiculous, but still it seems there's a story there. Obviously, I don't know if there's since I know nothing about Caprica.

The rest of the episode was a lot of pretentious non-sense for a new viewers for me. Much too slow in it's rhythm to be interesting. The dialogue is boring and is of no interest for someone who didn't follow the series. I still trying to understand what's the deal with father stealing the plan of it's daughter to build a robot. Unless his daughter is a engineer I hope he only stoled the look of the robot, not the design.

The girl in the stadium is kinda of good looking but that's not enough to peak my interest in that dreadful show.
        It is one big long story. So it only makes sense if you start from the beginning, aka ep1. No one reads a book from the middle do they, same with BSG; ep1 is a must for all newbies.

Comment

yeah, they build on each other and certain events only have real meaning if you've seen the earlier episode/scene they're built upon
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            yeah, they build on each other and certain events only have real meaning if you've seen the earlier episode/scene they're built upon
            Not certain, I would say ALL the events!!

I just wanted to show the point of view of some new or casual viewers to the series. Some series have a better balance between episode plot and longer inter episodes story arcs. For example, the Ori/Gouauld/Wraith centric episode in SG1 and SGA. They are part of series arc but still are interesting by themselves. Caprica to my surprise, wasn't making any sense (but the bit the guy who was made to kill another seem interesting even if it didn't make much sense to me) if I didn't saw the whole series before. I was curious about the series and I post to show the point of view of new or casual viewers to the show as I make it clear in my post.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Great episode. Some interesting developments on all sides, though it was a shame Vergis got killed. Would love to see some more Adama action though.

And, on a shallow note, the three young ladies of the cast are just... great to watch. Gorgeous and brilliant performances by Alessandra, Magda and Genevieve
              You r absolutely right.. young ladies are so talented that it is a treat to watch them performing.

Comment

Working...
              X