No announcement yet.

Retribution (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't mean he can't come back to haunt Clarice as an avatar.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
      I don't believe Barnabus is dead.

Unless there is an actual body, a person is not dead.

Always check your handywork.
      Good point. I think he is dead though.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hmm, looks like I'm in minority again. I thought it was one of the weaker episodes. I did enjoy Clarice - she's an incredibly complex and interesting character - but I don't particularly care for the Greystones. I agree with DigiFluid, the show needs more balance. As much as I enjoy religious fanatics plot, Joseph is my fave character and I'm much more interested in the Adama family's story and V world. Having them either sidelined or flat out ignored second ep in a row doesn't make me very happy. Still, enjoyable if a bit boring episode.
        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
        sigpic
        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
          Hmm, looks like I'm in minority again. I thought it was one of the weaker episodes. I did enjoy Clarice - she's an incredibly complex and interesting character - but I don't particularly care for the Greystones. I agree with DigiFluid, the show needs more balance. As much as I enjoy religious fanatics plot, Joseph is my fave character and I'm much more interested in the Adama family's story and V world. Having them either sidelined or flat out ignored second ep in a row doesn't make me very happy. Still, enjoyable if a bit boring episode.
          Indeed, but I do get the feeling that something is being set up here. That these episode was simply laying out some gunpowder, so that the next one becomes a blast. (Ye know, the feeling that things are about to come to a head in a major way.)
          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Yeah pretty much. In-universe, check for a body. From a viewer perspective, we didn't even see his final moments so we have no confirmation of death.

I sure hope he's dead though.
            Why do you hope hes dead?! just curious of the reasons....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
              I really just dislike the character, it's by no means a comment on my feelings toward James Marsters. I find him hypocritical, simultaneously over-the-top and too ineffectual to be a leader, and just generally annoying rather than compelling. I'm glad to have seen him (apparently) die and hope he stays dead.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

mh... I really did not care about his character I guess... was just glad to see James Marsters on screen again.... he was too long absent for my taste but I kind of understand you reasons in retrospect...
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah...like I said, by no means am I commenting on James Marsters; I loved him in Torchwood. I just found Barnabas to be a really flat and uninteresting character. And to have as much screen time as he's had, I'd been getting really sick of him.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Save money for effects shots I mean pew pew haha
                    sigpic
                    Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

If Barnabas escaped, it would allow for a more exciting storyline. He still has followers; the ring of people doing that blood oath thing. STO in-fighting. We can relate to that with our present day terrorists.

Comment

it was a great episode , but yeah i really hope Barnabus is ok , mostly because i like James Marsters and he really likes his character.

i don't care what clarice does these people are so flawed it's sad , it is suppose to be the downfall of the human race
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Yeah...like I said, by no means am I commenting on James Marsters; I loved him in Torchwood. I just found Barnabas to be a really flat and uninteresting character. And to have as much screen time as he's had, I'd been getting really sick of him.
                          I did not know he played in Torchwood, was he a regular actor, or a guest star?
                          sigpic

Comment

I really just dislike the character, it's by no means a comment on my feelings toward James Marsters. I find him hypocritical, simultaneously over-the-top and too ineffectual to be a leader, and just generally annoying rather than compelling. I'm glad to have seen him (apparently) die and hope he stays dead.
                            Maybe that was the point. He seemed more interested in terrorism for the sake of it...rather than trying to convert followers. That's why he and Clarice were in disagreement early on...with him blowing up coffee shops at the beginning of the season.

I think he's dead though. He's played his part in the story. No need to bring him back (even though I like James Marsters) as I'm not that interested in an internal struggle within the STO. It's been shown and now has more or less been resolved since the head whatever on Geminon has given her blessing to Clarice.

I enjoyed the ep.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

I did not know he played in Torchwood, was he a regular actor, or a guest star?
                              He was a recurring guest actor, pretty cool character.

I have mixed feelings on Barnabas, I think his character had potential but wasn't used in a way that made him all that cool. It would be ironic if he had somehow saved himself in the V-World and came back to haunt them all!
                              sigpic

Comment

Great episode this week(as it's always been).Wonder what Daniel is going to do now.

Comment

Working...
                                X