• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retribution (111)

CAPRICA SEASON ONE
    RETRIBUTION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 111

Lacy botches an operation launched by Barnabas, and the Adama brothers begin a campaign of coercion against Daniel's former colleagues while Amanda tries to cope with her losses. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 04 July 2011, 03:06 PM.

I completely agree. Apotheosis is a complete and utter fraud.

And I hate Clarice. She needs to go the way of the Dodo.

Comment

Clarice was not much of a presence last half-season, but now she's fully fledged badass scary religious mean person woman murderer thing. Seriously, she really impressed me with her little retribution path this episode.

The entire episode was fantastic. From Daniel to Amanda to Clarice to Lacy... The show's hitting its stride for tense moments and awesomely badass characters. Shame that Joseph is kinda getting sidelined for a bit, but having the alliance between him, Sam and Daniel is pretty cool. Shame Barnabus got exploded, same with Keon getting shot - I loved having James Marsters around and I thought that Keon could've gotten redeemed a bit through Lacy. Guess not.

Missed Zoe this week. Ah well.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Clarice is making Osama look tame!

I hope she didn't win Amanda over and that Amanda will end up spying for that agent...

Can't wait for next week with a Zoe vs Tamara showdown!

Comment

Clarice was freakin awesome in this episode lol.

Comment

Not to mention scary... Hell, I was almost having pity for Barnabus at the end, were it not for the fact that he shot Keon. At least Barnabus is 'righteous' and consistent in his actions, unlike Clarice. Apotheosis is a fraud indeed, and Clarice is the insane one. I hope we'll see him again - we didn't see his death on-screen, so there's still a small possibility he's still out there, bent on revenge.

Love how this show is having the 'hero' characters slowly transform into villains. Daniel is now really past the moral event horizon, imo... Anyway, fantastic episode.
            Mia: Don't you hate that?
            Vincent: Hate what?
            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I love seeing James Marsters....hope to see more of him in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                I love seeing James Marsters....hope to see more of him in the future.
                After the end of that episode, I wouldn't count on it. Unless he somehow managed to get out of those handcuffs.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  After the end of that episode, I wouldn't count on it. Unless he somehow managed to get out of those handcuffs.
                  I figure he escaped by cutting off his hand or something like in those Saw movies

Comment

Originally posted by boo1234 View Post
                    I figure he escaped by cutting off his hand or something like in those Saw movies
                    Sounds like wishful thinking. He is blown to ashes
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I enjoyed it, even though I found it a bit choppy. Not sure if that was an intentional thing or just bad editing.

I'd also appreciable a bit more balance in storytelling. What are V Zoe and V Tamara up to besides beating up gangs of hoods? What's the state of New Cap City now that there are known 'deathwalkers'? Joseph and Sam seem to be just wallpaper so far this half--what's going on in their world?

Regarding Barnabas, good frakking riddance. I like James Marsters usually, but he's been just insufferable in Caprica. And I totally had chills when Clarice said “history will absolve me.” Wow, those are scary words to hear from a religious zealot
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Sounds like wishful thinking. He is blown to ashes
                        I'm good at wishful thinking.

Comment

Why should Lacy be spared from retribution? Double standards. Clarice is definitely a mad woman.

Comment

I don't believe Barnabus is dead.

Unless there is an actual body, a person is not dead.

Always check your handywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                              I don't believe Barnabus is dead.

Unless there is an actual body, a person is not dead.

Always check your handywork.
                              Yeah pretty much. In-universe, check for a body. From a viewer perspective, we didn't even see his final moments so we have no confirmation of death.

I sure hope he's dead though.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X