• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Cloverdale' (205) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE UNIVERSE - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 205

Lieutenant Scott is infected by a plant-like organism while surveying a planet, and suffers severe hallucinations of another life back home on Earth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 February 2021, 11:21 PM.

If you took out some of the dream scenes, since some were a little boring, this would of been an excellent episode. I think they just used that as a filler plot to feed the story to see what was going on with Scott. I think they should of used some of that time to maybe have scenes on the Destiny and the LA.

But yeah felt like The Changelling all they way. Actually it was exactly like the Changeling. Think about it...

Chloe and Scott getting married bonding, was her bonding her blood to save his life. Same thing how Bra'tac and Teal'c shared symbiotes and in the dream scenes was an organ transplant.

BW is a clever man.

So would give it a B+ or 8.5/10 or whatever a B+ is, lol.
    sigpic

Comment

Personally, I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. It had its so-so moments, but overall, was good. Those plant creatures were pretty neat.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Going with my initial thought of trying to stomach that dinner of Liver and Lima Beans that your mother prepared, trying not to throw up all the while, because you want the yummy desert at the end.

Deeper thoughts to come later, once the numbness wears off that this episode lured me into.

Will mention that I hope this exposes the whole "Rush is blackmailing Chloe!" BS that people tried to feed last season. It was abundantly clear it wouldn't last long, Rush had to know that, so whatever agreement Rush and Chloe have, it's obviously not blackmail but something else.

Comment

I really liked Cloverdale a lot. Its one of my favorites so far. I usually like episodes like this, that jump around between reality and a dream world.
          sigpic

Comment

Excellent episode. I think it might have surpassed 'Awakening'. I'm gonna have to rewatch it again, but I think it may be the season's best, in my humble opinion. I think I may give it a 9/10. I'll maybe adjust it after the reairing.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

i gave it a 10 on the poll, felt like Time and like SGA's "The Real World", both of them i liked

Comment

I'm at odds with this episode. First lets go with the bad. The Scott hallucination seemed totally pointless to the story. With the exception of Chloe's face turning gray at the end to show some foreshadowing I don't really see the point of what they were thier to do. It didn't tells us anything about the characters or story. It feels mostly filler. Although I will say the relations in the hallucination relative to the real world are quite interesting not to mention somewhat accurate. For example how Young is Scott's father or Greer and Scott are the best of friends. Given Rush's ambigous amoral behavior I find him as a clergyman quite humorous.

Now if we ignore the hallucination its not bad. Their is some nice medical (even if its inaccurate) stuff and basic action of Greer and company fighting the plant like creature. It may not have been smart but I say it speaks for Chloe's character when she risks her life on a hunch to save Scott. I am curious where they will go next week with Scott and Chloe literally being locked away
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                  Excellent episode. I think it might have surpassed 'Awakening'. I'm gonna have to rewatch it again, but I think it may be the season's best, in my humble opinion. I think I may give it a 9/10. I'll maybe adjust it after the reairing.
                  While I don't see it as the best yet this season, it was definitely a very solid episode. I can't wait to see if Matt will now be affected like Chloe is.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Looking back from the moment the episode ended, I think it was extremely well crafted. It all worked together to build up to the moment where Scott is saved, where we figure out how to fight it, where Scott faces some internal demons that were haunting him. Reminded me (in a GOOD way) of one of those classic SG-1 episodes.

That being said, there were some moments during the episode where it was a little slow in the dream world!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      If you took out some of the dream scenes, since some were a little boring, this would of been an excellent episode. I think they just used that as a filler plot to feed the story to see what was going on with Scott. I think they should of used some of that time to maybe have scenes on the Destiny and the LA.

But yeah felt like The Changelling all they way. Actually it was exactly like the Changeling. Think about it...

Chloe and Scott getting married bonding, was her bonding her blood to save his life. Same thing how Bra'tac and Teal'c shared symbiotes and in the dream scenes was an organ transplant.

BW is a clever man.

So would give it a B+ or 8.5/10 or whatever a B+ is, lol.
                      I think your stretching it. With everything being done and being vague you can easily compare SGU to SG1 and SGA
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Changelling + time = this ep and i loved it. great to see super chloe saving the day
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          While I don't see it as the best yet this season, it was definitely a very solid episode. I can't wait to see if Matt will now be affected like Chloe is.
                          Actually, that's a great point! If he is, they can now kill Chloe off since they don't need two super people, and Scott is more of a main character. Imagine the drama of killing Chloe!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I'm at odds with this episode. First lets go with the bad. The Scott hallucination seemed totally pointless to the story. With the exception of Chloe's face turning gray at the end to show some foreshadowing I don't really see the point of what they were thier to do. It didn't tells us anything about the characters or story. It feels mostly filler. Although I will say the relations in the hallucination relative to the real world are quite interesting not to mention somewhat accurate. For example how Young is Scott's father or Greer and Scott are the best of friends. Given Rush's ambigous amoral behavior I find him as a clergyman quite humorous.

Now if we ignore the hallucination its not bad. Their is some nice medical (even if its inaccurate) stuff and basic action of Greer and company fighting the plant like creature. It may not have been smart but I say it speaks for Chloe's character when she risks her life on a hunch to save Scott. I am curious where they will go next week with Scott and Chloe literally being locked away
                            the hallucination told us a lot about what Scott and the others! first the movie scene showed us what happened to him, then about how he really feels and such

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                              i gave it a 10 on the poll, felt like Time and like SGA's "The Real World", both of them i liked
                              I gave it a 10 on the poll too. It felt like SG1's The Changeling and SGA's The Real World. Loved both episodes, loved this one too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X