Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't really like this episode the first time round so this is only the second time I've seen it. Again time does a bit to make it more enjoyable this time round.

Eli being faced with his ailing mother was well done. What an awful thing to be there but she didn't believe that it was him. Wray shone here with making it happen so Eli's mother could see him again as he is on Destiny. A great reunion moment there with the universe as a backdrop, great scene.

So Chloe is showing the signs of going alien, amazing how Rush finds out that he can take advantage of what is going on with her. I wonder if he actually used the neural interface chair to get info on what was going on with her brain, you never know with him.

Greer isn't really helping by badgering Simeon, he knows the man is dangerous, but aggravating him is just a bit nuts, but that's our Greer!

Comment

Finally, Chloe is being made even more useful then ever before; I could just imagine what they had going under the wraps when they decided to make her alien, would she have advanced knowledge of them, would she change into a being unlike anything we've ever seen before, would she ultimately become detrimental to the mission and her performance reflects this as well. A wonder of a girl slowly adapting from her situation, becoming less and less worried as time goes on and less human but in here her worry is in full force, she knows she's an alien and yet she can't do anything to stop it, she's afraid, she's scared and this is what connects us to her character; the sheer seeds of a transformation.

Eli's plot was also good, seeing her mother in the flesh was nice and seeing him continue the charade was even better in that we got to saw his feelings evolve to a new level, wanting the truth to come out and this is what drives him, the fact that his mom won't believe him and the fact that he's trying to convince her otherwise; we can see the determination, we can see the emotion and this is a good usage of the stones because it shows that nothing can be immediately accepting, if they varied the stones usage a bit then maybe, maybe it might prove beneficial to SGU but as it stands it was poorly inserted and underutilized. The whole thing does get undermined when she's brought onto the ship, thus giving her hope and eliminating a character thread which had tons of potential, I understand this is what he might do but it would of been better had he left disappointed and with the hanging thread that his mother's still worried for him; just pushes more boundaries that way.

On the ship though is another story. Simeone was a terrible SG character who was seemingly one dimensional and only served to provide a bad name; seen here is the increasing focus on that character and the focus serves as detrimental to the episode, I understand that they were going for a "can the LA be trusted" plot and the character has it's fans but the group of people is supposed to have a voice, one that isn't besmeared by one person, one who's actions can be judged simply by looking at it. It may seem cool to have a character be as deranged as possible but SGU is supposed to be the character based show and I can't see any character at all in Simeone; everything about him screamed "hey look at me, I'm a generic bad guy but with SGU edge." The only good thing about his character is the serving of the LA cause.

Wray is surprisingly better in her Earth based scenes than on the ship, The LA leader grows slowly but gracefully, Rush's plot is surprisingly unexplored and I thought a love triangle would be forming with Scott, Eli and Chloe. I was wrong... Turns out Eli would move away from Chloe this season.
      Back from the grave.

Comment

Alright ep.

Chloe showing even more signs of what ever she's changing into.

Poor Eli's mum. It was a nice moment when she was allowed on the ship. Brownie points to Camille.

I love how the scientists stood up to the LA soldier when he said something to the girl.

Rush writing on the walls. I think anyone would automatically think crazy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          Greer isn't really helping by badgering Simeon, he knows the man is dangerous, but aggravating him is just a bit nuts, but that's our Greer!
          Perhaps Greer is getting a bit bored on Destiny.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
            Just another day at the office.
            sigpic

Comment

MIdweek, another ep of SGU...

1. Eli's thing was a car crash this time round.

2. Chloe and the equations....aha!

3. I think that chair did zippo on this occasion...

Interesting ep.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                Not really.. Being they are more than likely out of paper, i can easily see rush having a wall/area of walls he doodles on.

Comment

Its interesting how I start to dislike more and more with each episode in S2. After the munity in S1 he had gotten less "evil" for a lack of a better word. But after finding the bridge I found myself getting more and more disgusted at the lengths he would go to keep the bridge a secret and further his own goals of learning about the bridge. The way Rush uses Chloe's new intelligence to figure out some equations on his "mad scientist" wall did not bother me so much. It was more of what Rush did at the end of the episode of creating this scheme of the neural interface chair can save Chloe and then uses that presence of Rush knows it did not cure to blackmail her. I find that wrong on so many levels. Not only is he allowing a dangerous person to roam around but Rush is putting to lives of everyone on that ship in danger for his selfish desires. What happened to his greater good mentality. It seems more about Rush's good. Rant over the episode does not have much going on except documenting what the Blues did to Chloe and finding a way to save Chloe. The end result is no Chloe saving which lead me to my big Rush rant. I think we get into another BSG trap here. This episode is designed primarily to push the "Chloe alien" and "bridge" arc that not a whole lot happens besides pushing the arc. The end result is not their is a lack of a story and the episode is overall dull. It pays off later but the current episode is lacking
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I feel like such an idiot. I forgot to mention the Wray and Eli subplot. Its an interesting idea that was never explored on. I think we can thank the cancellation on that one. By the episode end I got the feeling that a support group for family members who have loved ones on Destiny. I can understand how people on Earth would seek others who have loved ones on Destiny for comfort as they would know how each other feels. Also I like the Eli's mom stuff. If I had left my mother without warning and never contacted her for a year my mother would mess me especially if she had no one else. Its really what I would expect from a loving mother. The B plot really makes up for the slow A plot
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I fast forwarded the scenes with Eli and his mom
                      The whole "Chloe is an alien" thing doesn't work for me.

I was also yelling at Rush (again)

Comment

Really liked this episode but have no idea how the title reflects what was going on. Mom and Eli was my favorite part. Loved how she got to go on ship. Greer and the bad man bumping heads was to be expected. Pretty clear bad man is going die soon.

Chloe turning into alien Chloe was meh. How Rush handled it was more interesting though. The funny thing about that is if Destiny has a goal wouldn't messing around with it screw up that goal. I mean if you take control of the ship and you don't know where the ship is going how are going to get the ship to where it wants to be? Rush is so crazy.

They should try switching bodies with a dog or cat just for fun. Then the entire episode could be like one of those animal movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                          Really liked this episode but have no idea how the title reflects what was going on. Mom and Eli was my favorite part. Loved how she got to go on ship. Greer and the bad man bumping heads was to be expected. Pretty clear bad man is going die soon.

Chloe turning into alien Chloe was meh. How Rush handled it was more interesting though. The funny thing about that is if Destiny has a goal wouldn't messing around with it screw up that goal. I mean if you take control of the ship and you don't know where the ship is going how are going to get the ship to where it wants to be? Rush is so crazy.

They should try switching bodies with a dog or cat just for fun. Then the entire episode could be like one of those animal movies.
                          Pathogen, I guess, is–like so often–meant in two ways:
                          Pathogen is some kind of an infection which seems to be Chloe's problem and also Eli's mom, who suffers from the effects of AIDS.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah HIV is an infectious disease. I was thinking something like a zombie outbreak or something airborne. Yeah I guess the title make sense.

Comment

Working...
                            X