This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
    And what made it perfect was that it wasn't Eli's idea, a person with authority made it happen. And it wasn't like she just said "Oh yeah, can we bring this person on board for a quick tour." She demanded it. Because if it would have just been Eli saying "Oh, mom, er-- Eli's mom, let me show you the ship." And then it happened, it would have been terrible.
    I just got a hell of a lot more respect for Wray this week.

Comment

As a stargate episode, this was the most boring ever made.

I cant stand the Wray story anymore, the character is less relevant now than in the first season. She needs to go.

Eli, all that should have been done the first time he visited his mom. It doesnt make a difference in the characters development at all.

TJ really dropped the ball on Chloes bullet wound, nobody heals that fast, and dont give me the lost of her baby as a reason for being distracted, she has time to check out Varro, so doing her job shouldnt be a problem. Chloe is exhibiting healing superpowers and everyone act like nothing is going on for 3 episodes and now they just catching on!?!

Scott is getting more soft and whinny each day.

Greer is back to his one dimensional personality.

Rush is stuck in groundhog day, again.

And Young forgot to shave, he probably didnt feel like it, woke up late, been drinking all night. For a "leader", hes taking his sweet time figuring out Rush is up to something.

Then we have some LA action, no, that died fast too.

Like i said, BORING. And to think i was beginning to like season 2.

One good thing, the set and vfx are looking good like always.

5/10

EDIT: Binder wrote this episode, well that explains a lot.

Comment

Hopefully Young gets beat up by someone, perhaps Telford. I wouldn't mind seeing Greer get beat as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post

Meanwhile, the mystery of Chloe's condition continues to push forward. I assume that, when she figured out the computer interface-thingy on the alien ship in the latter half of season one, she was under the influence of this change that is only now making itself more apparent to the crew. I like what this element brings to the story, though I have no idea where it's going. I wonder if, when she's having these blackouts, whether it's just something wrong with her on a chemical level, or if she's being contacted psychically by the blue aliens. Considering our history with them and the stones, it wouldn't surprise me if they were indeed able to do such things.
          I love the fact that as an audience we have no idea what will happen with Chloe. Adds some suspense. Hope they don't ruin it with the teasers for the next episode when the time comes. Or by finding some alien bug to cure it or something, haha.

Also, I totally agree with you on the Wray thing, definitely a good character this episode. That, and the fact she hurts for Sharon, and that Sharon has a chance to talk about it for once. Definitely nice, without really stating it. That's what this show misses a lot, trying to explain everything. We see a few words of exchange between Sharon and Eli's Mom, but really it is just implied that they will bond over this situation and help each other through it.
          Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

This episode was ok for me. At times it teetered towards the style of the episode Life but would pull back from it. Enjoyed the Eli scenes with his mother. Again not as boring as Life so I'll give it that.

Comment

<Snipped requote/reply.Relevant post deleted by Moderator.>

Originally posted by Derocalypse View Post
              This episode was ok for me. At times it teetered towards the style of the episode Life but would pull back from it. Enjoyed the Eli scenes with his mother. Again not as boring as Life so I'll give it that.
              Life was filled with a lot of things that were drawn out, they had impact on the characters, but it took up so much of the episode that it made you not care, and they were kinda cheesy really. But this episode pulled it together, and nicely wound it in with the story without losing the impact of the earth story-lines.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 October 2010, 12:03 AM.
              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

One thing I'd like to mention about Greer's part in this episode.

I think it's fair to say that he waved his gun around a lot in season one. Some people have accused him of abusing the power that comes with having a weapon like that wherever he goes, even in what amount to basically social situations with civilian crewmembers and such. I'm not going to debate whether or not his conduct was always justifiable, but whatever you feel about it, it was there.

Which is why I love the scene this week where he actually hands his gun to someone else and tells them to walk away while he gets in Simeon's face. The fact that he has a weapon is not the only thing that makes him powerful. He's going to excercise his authority how he sees fit, gun or no gun.

There's something really fascinating about how he conducts himself, whether we agree with every decision he makes or not. He's still imposing as hell, and it's interesting to see him remove his possession of a gun from the equation and still lose almost nothing.

Fantastic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                  One thing I'd like to mention about Greer's part in this episode.

I think it's fair to say that he waved his gun around a lot in season one. Some people have accused him of abusing the power that comes with having a weapon like that wherever he goes, even in what amount to basically social situations with civilian crewmembers and such. I'm not going to debate whether or not his conduct was always justifiable, but whatever you feel about it, it was there.

Which is why I love the scene this week where he actually hands his gun to someone else and tells them to walk away while he gets in Simeon's face. The fact that he has a weapon is not the only thing that makes him powerful. He's going to excercise his authority how he sees fit, gun or no gun.

There's something really fascinating about how he conducts himself, whether we agree with every decision he makes or not. He's still imposing as hell, and it's interesting to see him remove his possession of a gun from the equation and still lose almost nothing.

Fantastic scene.
                  I like the fact he wants to "fight on even grounds," and I really like greer, and that he was standing up for Park to Simeon, but it came across as cheesy to me. That scene. Kinda would have liked to see some argumentation there. Simeon just kinda backs down like the nerd being bullied lol.

Comment

I just wonder how many episodes are they gonna drag it out before the big smackdown. It could get funny if they keep making angry face at each other for another half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                      As a stargate episode, this was the most boring ever made.

I cant stand the Wray story anymore, the character is less relevant now than in the first season. She needs to go.

Eli, all that should have been done the first time he visited his mom. It doesnt make a difference in the characters development at all.

TJ really dropped the ball on Chloes bullet wound, nobody heals that fast, and dont give me the lost of her baby as a reason for being distracted, she has time to check out Varro, so doing her job shouldnt be a problem. Chloe is exhibiting healing superpowers and everyone act like nothing is going on for 3 episodes and now they just catching on!?!

Scott is getting more soft and whinny each day.

Greer is back to his one dimensional personality.

Rush is stuck in groundhog day, again.

And Young forgot to shave, he probably didnt feel like it, woke up late, been drinking all night. For a "leader", hes taking his sweet time figuring out Rush is up to something.

Then we have some LA action, no, that died fast too.

Like i said, BORING. And to think i was beginning to like season 2.

One good thing, the set and vfx are looking good like always.

5/10

EDIT: Binder wrote this episode, well that explains a lot.
                      Awww...But I like Young's beard stubble...and the longer, curly hair.
                      My only problem with this eppy... and the season premiere...is that Young seems to be pushed to the background in favor of the other cast members this season.

Comment

Good for Eli that his mother visited Destiny in the body of James he was so happy he got to hug James.

Comment

Great episode, though clearly set up for future stories. Not the kind that will entice new fans I don't think, not without knowing what has gone on before hand. Simeon not knowing that the others were genuinely co-operating, Rush 'recruiting' Chloe, Wray and Eli's mother meeting because of their common troubles with loved ones and the stones. Some very interesting stuff in there. I thought the Chloe story had fallen slat until the final reveal

Comment

Originally posted by dvdrts View Post
                            Good for Eli that his mother visited Destiny in the body of James he was so happy he got to hug James.
                            Pretty sure it was Park, not James.

Comment

BRILLIANT! Pathogen was an instant sci-fi classic. Best episode of season two and one of the best episodes period. Packed full of the sense of wonder that SGU does so well. I never thought I would see sci-fi TV done so right! I'm thinking Scalzi has a lot to do with it.

I had the Chloe story line spoiled by season 2 trailer but the how was great. I LOVED Rush's blackboard room. Made me like character a little more despite all the evil. I'll gladly put up with Lucian Alliance Incursion type story lines if it means episodes like this are waiting on the other side. Stone stories were satisfactory - Eli's was just damn good like it was last time but they didn't linger on earth, most of the story was on the ship. If you have to use the SG-1 stones, that's the way to do it.
                              I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
                                And of course I simply like the fact that the one stable relationship is the lesbian one.
                                They're both very immature... and it's obviously not been a stable relationship since the beginning of the show. I'm not so sure if it ever was one.

Comment

Working...
                                X