This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
    Neither ship is at 100%. However, the fact that the Seeder ship power reserves were higher would indicate that it stays in FTL for longer stretches than Destiny.
    Which dovetails right into the theory that Seeder Ships conduct a rotating schedule of docking with Destiny.
    Just a theory, mind you, however, it makes more sense this way, rather than the Seeder Ship broke down.
    Either that, or the damage the Destiny has susstained from the blues is what makes it only able to go up to 40%

Comment

I thought they would make a connection but something always goes wrong. would kind of be a plot kill though.

I have always liked Rush, but he's being a real idiot right now. I think that he could have told everyone else about the bridge. if he wants to complete his dream im sure that homeworld command would love to keep a staff on destiny. A couple of Naquada (spelling?) generators could power that ship no problem. And put Rush, Mckay, and Carter together and they could find a way to dial destiny from earth. I do think that he could have made the dial home successful but didn't want it.
      Premium fruits from chulac
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Rush is being an idiot about that bridge. I do wonder about Telford though... Poor guy, stuck on a ship with weird aliens he can't communicate with.
        sigpic

Comment

Rush knows he is too, and the ship is trying to tell him so. I always liked this pic, it says "I'm really losing it now, my dead wife's talking to me."

I just had to laugh though when he doesn't tell anyone! How very Rush!
          sigpic

Comment

Exactly, how very Rush! Not one of his strongest moments, but I do love the complexities of his character.
            sigpic

Comment

Pretty good episode.

So we found a Seed Ship, and now Telford now trapped on it. I would have like to see an arc where part of the crew was trapped to one of those ships, cause there's so much more to explore.

Loved those aliens.

I can't believe they almost got rid of that significant scene where the Stargates were being made. (I listened to the commentary a while ago)

Tomorrow, what's happening to Chloe.
              sigpic

Comment

Loved this episode for the aliens, I was glad that the makers of SGU stuck to the idea that aliens on SGU were going to be very alien, not speak English and communication would be difficult. The extra they filmed with the aliens and Telford was one of the funniest things ever, if it was put into the show it would have given a comedic moment on par with those in SG-1's 'Window of Opportunity'.

The hope to dial home on discovering that the power could be transferred from the seed ship was built up really well only to be dashed at the last moment, a real 'oh..... 'swear words!!!!' moment for all those eager people in the gateroom! Wray's announcement of the departure over the comm system sounded just like an airport announcement as if disembarking from an interstellar craft was an everyday thing!

Life is getting a bit awkward for Rush, getting more difficult to hide the fact that he's found the bridge. How to explain how the ship undocked before the point of no return with the power drain. Of course he couldn't hide the fact that power could be transferred from the seed ship, he knew Eli was too clever not to find out so had to say something. So did Rush engage the separation instruction to keep Young from connecting with Earth and losing the chance of fulfilling his "dream" as the imaginary Gloria called it, of course he did! He knew Telford would reverse the power drain especially with Eli's help.

Well, that solved the problem of there being two Colonels on board, although it seems on the surface that the wrong one was left on board as far as many on Destiny, including Telford had already observed, given how Young is getting to look more and more ragged. It's fascinating to watch him, wondering when and how he would lose it finally.

Comment

The exploration aspect of this episode is very good; the initial shows of the environments, lighting and ambiance really got people excited for the ship we'd discover... It was a plethora of excitement, just think; a gate ship found by the ancients. Unfortunately it's downfall is that it drags the thing out becoming very boring and uninteresting; I'm a big fan of scary situations but there needs to be something that grabs me, if it's just a bunch of people taking their sweet time in getting to the meat of the bone then I'm going to lose interest.

Threat not, Greer, Eli and Brodie do help to negate some of the scenes with their banter and we finally get the first sight of non-hostile aliens. On one hand, the aliens themselves look like generic sci-fi creatures (especially Star Wars) and less like unknown risk-taking but on the other hand, it provided an exceptionally good scene where the crew interacted with it, showing many emotions; wonder, hostility, amazement and uncertainty. It connects with you in that you're feeling what they're feeling, the sight of an alien for the first time, something that's truly alien. It helps to negate some of the boredom of the scenes but then the feeling of possibly hostile aliens pops up and the boredom becomes evident again, I did enjoy the idea of aliens on the ship but I didn't enjoy the continuing of them running through the hallway; but again, things like sudden stuns helped to excite it.

The LA continue to unimpress me but their leader is surprisingly effective; he brings out the best in Young with his objections of his treatment, his stance amongst his people and the very questioning of his soul. It's clear that this is a person who'll represent the true nature of them, the unified faction of their people; he even manages to utilize the worst LA member who's only purpose is to look bad and twist it into something questioning their ends, do they think it's a ruse or are they supposed to tell the truth. Young doesn't do much but he does continue his rise to glory by moving ever so quickly away from his wife and towards the edge of brashness and confidence, Rush trying to keep it all together remains strong here and somehow gets even better and Telford, well let's just say he plays a decent part in keeping the tension but this episode overall was meh; glad to see they're finally getting somewhere with the characters.
                  Back from the grave.

Comment

An alright ep.

Catching up to a seed ship was pretty cool. And seeing where the Stargates get made was a very cool moment.

I love the little Ursini aliens. So cute haha. Cute but devious.

They were so close to getting home. Glad they didn't. We would have missed out on some of the best parts of the show.

Bye bye Telford.
                    sigpic

Comment

Midweek, another ep of SGU...

1. Again...I liked Telford here...pity he had to go. For now.

2. The power transfer was a bit like a car crash this time around.

3. Again...Rush...argh...

4. And now we get the first hints about Chloe...

Solid ep.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        Well, that solved the problem of there being two Colonels on board, although it seems on the surface that the wrong one was left on board as far as many on Destiny, including Telford had already observed, given how Young is getting to look more and more ragged. It's fascinating to watch him, wondering when and how he would lose it finally.
                        With all he has been through in the time they have been on the Destiny, can you really blame him though?

I love the little Ursini aliens. So cute haha. Cute but devious.
                        I still wish they would have explained how they 'stunned' our people better.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          With all he has been through in the time they have been on the Destiny, can you really blame him though?
                          That's the thing, it was sad to see how all the stuff that happened to him wore him down. All that the others on Destiny could see is him losing control without really considering what factors were behind it. Young is my favourite character for this reason, he hangs on in there, making him the more solid compassionate commander than Telford on a deeper level. The right Colonel was left on board Destiny despite his flaws and errors in judgement.

Comment

Though you would have thought with being around him for as long as they have been, more people would have understood why he was getting that way.

Comment

Rush did it again. He stranded Telford and had the potential to kill him. I remember making the arguement that his actions could have led to Telford dieing. I stand by those actions. Given that we know a future episode shows Telford didn't die Rush is obviously not guilty of Telford not dieing since it never happened. This was an interesting episode in how we can explore the seeder ship and see how it is different than Destiny. I have to wonder how the ship has so much power than Destiny if it was so old. It makes little sense that a ship that old would have enough power to dial Earth. The best part is how the Ursini are a mystery. We have this mystery of we have no idea if they are friend or foe. A question that is never really answered in this episode. They are just their stuck on the ship like we were stuck on Destiny. This episode poses a lot a questions with few answers which is why it is so entertaining to watch
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked the idea with meeting a seed ship. So much potential. And then.... Nothing.

Nothing came out of it. Not even a few spare parts...

So it's not good enough. I really started to get annoyed, again. No answers. Only more questions...

Oh yes, Rush is a jerk, we can all see that now. They all thought Rush was acting strange...
                                How come no one ever spied on him with a Kino or something. They would have easily found the control room...

Comment

Working...
                                X