• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Intervention' (201) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE UNIVERSE - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201

As Destiny's crew continues to battle Lucian Alliance soldiers over control of the ship, T.J. finds herself and her baby transported to a safe place.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 February 2021, 11:06 PM.

What a great episode!

Comment

really good... just a lot to take in.... the ad breaks killed it for me.. im never watching it live again. for now I say 8/10. Probably will up it to 9/10 after rewatching.
      sigpic

Comment

4th!

Good episode, nice closure to last seasons cliffhanger. I walked away wondering how much of the TJ stuff was real tho. Are the planet builders Ascended non humans, ancients, ori?

Im impressed the redhead is a killer. Go get em eli!

Nice plan on the turn off the shield Rush!

Whats with the Nebula? Is that what the aliens are?

Snowlightning is scary. Freeze lightning 2.0?

Loved it, looking forward to rewatching it!

Comment

It was good, but quite frankly I seemed hyper active through the whole thing. Not sure if I was just too amped for it going into the season. And I just discovered Ginn (the woman who shot Mr. Clean) was Hildy from Mad Men. So I'm in love now. I curse you David Blue from the promos!

Comment

Pretty awesome, glad they showed the nebula at the end so we weren't left wondering wether TJ's trip was real or not

Comment

Ok, so Season 2 starts off with a bang, imo. You got some good action moments, and you even had an unlikely hero, Rush. Some of the twists in the eps were very well done, like did not expect Dannic to get shot like that.

The TJ story-line was very well done, and when she sees the same thing in the sky, it makes you think that scene really happened back on the planet. It really makes you open your mind to more possible exploration and if someone out there is really watching them.

I think the next couple of eps are going to have the status quo change. There will be a mission and they will have a goal and it will not be to return home just yet.

So overall a 9.5/10!

Why not a 10/10? Well things were resolved very quickly and Kiva is no more.
              sigpic

Comment

So glad Mr. Clean is dead. Very clever how they wrote the "baby's story."

Comment

It was an okay episode. It won'd be making my best Stargate episode. It was a fun and interesting watching Rush and his associates retake the ship. I really liked the A plot. It wasn't a lets run around the base and shoot them to win. That scenario has been done before and it seemed like this was more creative and logical of forcing the Alliance's hands. They were outsmarted. Rush knew more about Destiny and he used that knowledge to trick their hand. And before anyone accusses me of it I agree with Rush. If it came down to it the sacrifice of Scott, Greer, and TJ was worth getting back Destiny and saving those stranded on the planet.

Speaking of the Alliance I like how they are so much more 3 dimensional in SGU. They seem more realastic in their arguement and bickering. Sure they are nothing more a intergalactic pirates but they seem more organic with how thier thoughts differ from the extreme "kill everyone" thinking of Captain Baldy to the more rationlizing nature of Ginn/Varo.

What kept this episode from being epicly awesome was the TJ scenes. They just bored me to death. No I don't think she was dreaming. I say it was genuine but I just got bored with the slow moving of the fate of her child.

On a personal note those of you who have liked reading my huge long reviews in the past I regret to inform you that due to personal reasons I have choosen not to type them this season.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I actually like that they wrapped up Kiva. She was completely incompatible with Young and most of the marines, and if they'd just left her in a coma it would have seemed a little contrived.

My take away: Telford is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      4th!

Good episode, nice closure to last seasons cliffhanger. I walked away wondering how much of the TJ stuff was real tho. Are the planet builders Ascended non humans, ancients, ori?

Im impressed the redhead is a killer. Go get em eli!

Nice plan on the turn off the shield Rush!

Whats with the Nebula? Is that what the aliens are?

Snowlightning is scary. Freeze lightning 2.0?

Loved it, looking forward to rewatching it!
                      Its kind of hint to us the viewers that whole B plot wasn't TJ hallucinating. It was genuine. Her transporting to the "Faith" planet was real.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        It was an okay episode. It won'd be making my best Stargate episode. It was a fun and interesting watching Rush and his associates retake the ship. I really liked the A plot. It wasn't a lets run around the base and shoot them to win. That scenario has been done before and it seemed like this was more creative and logical of forcing the Alliance's hands. They were outsmarted. Rush knew more about Destiny and he used that knowledge to trick their hand. And before anyone accusses me of it I agree with Rush. If it came down to it the sacrifice of Scott, Greer, and TJ was worth getting back Destiny and saving those stranded on the planet.

Speaking of the Alliance I like how they are so much more 3 dimensional in SGU. They seem more realastic in their arguement and bickering. Sure they are nothing more a intergalactic pirates but they seem more organic with how thier thoughts differ from the extreme "kill everyone" thinking of Captain Baldy to the more rationlizing nature of Ginn/Varo.

What kept this episode from being epicly awesome was the TJ scenes. They just bored me to death. No I don't think she was dreaming. I say it was genuine but I just got bored with the slow moving of the fate of her child.

On a personal note those of you who have liked reading my huge long reviews in the past I regret to inform you that due to personal reasons I have choosen not to type them this season.
                        Wow dude, the tables have turned!

BTW, hope everything is ok personally. I do always enjoy your two cent reviews.

As per T.J.'s plot? Someone is watching them.
                        sigpic

Comment

Its kind of hint to us the viewers that whole B plot wasn't TJ hallucinating. It was genuine. Her transporting to the "Faith" planet was real.
                          Or that's just what THEY want you to think

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Wow dude, the tables have turned!

Nonsense. We have always been at odds what makes a good SGU episode
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Nonsense. We have always been at odds what makes a good SGU episode
                              I tought the TJ scenes were well done, and when Wray tells her the news, it was just very powerful. When she sees the nebula or whatever it's called in Space, you say to yourself, that might have been real.

That is SGU, more character focus. If it was SG-1 or SGA there would be more plot and action.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X