This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Two: Ratings Predictions/Discussion

This thread is for posting, sharing and discussing the RATINGS for season two of SGU.

As such:
    Season One
    SGA
    SG1, they're all off limits for any lengthy discussion.

(mention sure, but I do not want post after post after post where you keep rehashing history and beating that dead horse to mush)

This is NOT the place to bicker and snark about the past. Nor is it the place to get into lengthy discussion about other shows and the why's and what's involved in their ratings.

THIS IS ALSO VERY MUCH NOT THE PLACE TO SNARK, BAIT, SNIPE OR COMPLAIN ABOUT OTHER FANS.

You guys know this. Try following it.

If you are enthusiastic about the show and just can't get why others aren't....get over it. If you aren't enthusiastic about the show and just can't get why other are....get over it.

I'm not going to have much tolerance for people - especially our well known 'regular suspects' - that use this thread to blame others, complain about others and generally be nasty people to be around.

The other thread got shut down because we got sick and tired of the attitudes. Those of you that like the show thinking that you're special somehow and above the rules because you're a fan...and those of you that don't like the show upset that the whole world won't cater to your personal whims. And ALL of you spending your day taking digs at the others instead of simply discussing YOUR opinions and thoughts about the ratings.

If this thread turns into a high maintenance bicker fest it will be turned into an announcement only thread, where the ratings are simply posted each week and no discussion is allowed.

So please have fun with it and always bear in mind, this is just a tv show. It's an hour a week, it is not life and death. The fate of the world does not rest on the success or failure of this show, so keep some perspective.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Ok so time for predictions.....

Live +sd predictions for Intervention

Major Davis - 1.6 million

I wan't to say more, but in reality im being realistic, actually I think 1.6 might be a bit too much lol. I mean there is a lot of competition, and syfy is doing a really bad job of promoting SGU, and SGU isn't getting a lot of press (Caprica seems to be getting more promotion/buzz), so I actually think 1.5 might be more realistic. But im actually not too worried, because SGUs ratings always grow after the premier, so hopefully Aftermath will get 1.6-1.8 million viewers, especially with Caprica's premier, and hopefully settle in for a 1.5-1.6 season average. But we'll see.

Just for kicks since its on the same night, my prediction for Capricas premier... 1.3-1.4 million.
    sigpic

Comment

I wanted to carry over Killdeer's post because it had very important info...
      • Warehouse 13 - Season 2..............0.8 and 2,296,417 viewers
      • SGU - Season 1.0.........................0.8 and 1,988,600 viewers
      • Eureka - Season 4.0.....................0.7 and 2,373,667 viewers
      • Haven - Season 1........................ 0.6 and 1,989,000 viewers
      • Sanctuary - Season 2...................0.5 and 1,533,333 viewers
      • SGU - Season 1.5........................0.5 and 1,445,400 viewers
      • Merlin - Season 2........................0.4 and 1,277,154 viewers
      • Caprica - Season 1.0...................0.4 and 1,150,000 viewers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I wanted to carry over Killdeer's post because it had very important info...
        • Warehouse 13 - Season 2..............0.8 and 2,296,417 viewers
        • SGU - Season 1.0.........................0.8 and 1,988,600 viewers
        • Eureka - Season 4.0.....................0.7 and 2,373,667 viewers
        • Haven - Season 1........................ 0.6 and 1,989,000 viewers
        • Sanctuary - Season 2...................0.5 and 1,533,333 viewers
        • SGU - Season 1.5........................0.5 and 1,445,400 viewers
        • Merlin - Season 2........................0.4 and 1,277,154 viewers
        • Caprica - Season 1.0...................0.4 and 1,150,000 viewers
        Interesting. Big difference.. Hopefully season 2 will find a spot inbetween season 1.0 and 1.5. So whats your intervention prediction?
        sigpic

Comment

I can't even begin to predict how well the show will do against strong network competition... So I'm hoping for a reasonable 1.5.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Deevil - 1.5 million

Well, though I kinda have to agree, I really do not think SGU will ever drop below the 1 million mark as some people firmly believe in. But it could do either very well or very bad on a week night, we'll just have to see.
            sigpic

Comment

Bad promotion, average trailers, low season 1 finale ratings, big competition...

Intervention prediction: 1.2 million

Comment

Has the promotion been bad?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  Has the promotion been bad?
                  In my opinion yes... IVe seen no SGU promos whatsoever on Eureka or WH13... and thats exactly the audience they need to be targeting.
                  sigpic

Comment

For this season, I'll try to guess the ratings with the rest of you.

Deevil - 1.5 million
                    Nikec3 - 1.2 million
                    Egle01 - 1.5 million
                    sigpic

Comment

Deevil - 1.5 million
                      Nikec3 - 1.2 million
                      Egle01 - 1.5 million
                      EvilSpaceAlien - 1.6 million
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm, im starting to think im being a bit generous to SGU... maybe 1.55 million is more like it... ill have to see. Given past SGU encounters, it seems like less might be what happens. Despite that, as long as the premier is decent (ex 1.5 million) im actually not too concerned, the second episode always grows in terms of ratings, and if season 2 really is that good, im sure the audience will grow a bit, at least in live numbers.
                        sigpic

Comment

As an optimist I will say 1.85 million
                          sigpic

Comment

Major Davis - 1.55 million
                            Deevil - 1.5 million
                            Nikec3 - 1.2 million
                            Egle01 - 1.5 million
                            EvilSpaceAlien - 1.6 million
                            myhelix - 1.85 million

changed mine along with it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill
                              They still got two weeks left. Syfy can if they want to whore out the premiere date next week. If they do nothing next week then be worried
                              Well I still have a week to change my prediction so we'll see.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X