This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drones and mini-drones

Which came first, the chicken or th...wait no, that's wrong. Which came first, the drone or the mini-drone? In the episode Harmony Mckay says "This planet must have been where the Ancients first developed drone technology"

HOWEVER, the writers also made some other mistakes, like saying the second Earth-gate was around 50 million years old, and that Destiny was launched hundreds of thousands of years ago. Sometimes they say things that, chronologically, just doesn't make sense.

We know they had drones during their time in the Milky-Way, because the Antarctic outpost has/had many thousands of (regular-sized) drones. But when the Ancients fled Pegasus 10,000 years ago, they returned to Earth and decided not to rebuild their empire. So if they had this apathy towards rebuilding, why put drones in the outpost at all?

It just doesn't add up... I see it as just another mistake on the writers part.
    We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
    —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
    —Ricky Gervais

perhaps they didn't completely leave MW and sent back stuff and so on

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      perhaps they didn't completely leave MW and sent back stuff and so on
      No, they completely left. Remember, the plague? Few fled to Pegasus in Atlantus, even fewer ascended, and the rest died.
      We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
      —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
      —Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by kernl sandrs View Post
        No, they completely left. Remember, the plague? Few fled to Pegasus in Atlantus, even fewer ascended, and the rest died.
        then they had people in PG before they left for there, invented the drones there, sent the stuff back, made some there, outfitted their outposts and Atlantis, then the plague, then they all left.

Comment

the drones came first then the mini drone, JM told us on his blog.

Also destiny is NOT hundreds of thousands of years old, it is MILLIONS OF YEARS OLD

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

Also destiny is NOT hundreds of thousands of years old, it is MILLIONS OF YEARS OLD
            Works for me.
            I'd also be fine with "Mini drones came first, but the ancients built a drone platform on Earth, just in case"

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              then they had people in PG before they left for there, invented the drones there, sent the stuff back, made some there, outfitted their outposts and Atlantis, then the plague, then they all left.

No...
              —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

Link please. Cite your statements.

I know. Why did you say that?
                —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by kernl sandrs View Post
                  Link please. Cite your statements.

I know. Why did you say that?
                  He doesn't need to. It's common knowledge, now.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    He doesn't need to. It's common knowledge, now.
                    Of course it's common knowledge that the drones came first, but I was asking for the link to the blog where he said it. We all know it, but I just want the blog link.
                    —Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

Working...
                    X