Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kim placed her hand on Sam's forehead, she was still warm, that was a good sign. She touched Emma on the cheek lightly. "She'll be ok, a headache yes but she'll be fine. But we need her up soon Emma and that cut might need stitching. Tell Beth I'll be down in engineering with Doctor Taylor, I'll go and rouse him now." With that she walked slowly out to the passageway, removing her glasses as she did so.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
      Spoiler:

Kim placed her hand on Sam's forehead, she was still warm, that was a good sign. She touched Emma on the cheek lightly. "She'll be ok, a headache yes but she'll be fine. But we need her up soon Emma and that cut might need stitching. Tell Beth I'll be down in engineering with Doctor Taylor, I'll go and rouse him now." With that she walked slowly out to the passageway, removing her glasses as she did so.

Emma felt relieved and agreed, "Yeah after examining the wound it looks like it's mainly a surface laceration and the swelling is outward which is a good sign." Emma smiled and began to retrieve the sutures watching Kimberly turn to leave. "Oh but Kim......I've always used staples for scalp wounds....do you know if Beth has a stapling kit around?" She inquired as she begin rifling through the drawers. She stopped suddenly realizing she had the staff sergeants still standing around waiting for instructions. She smiled and her cheeks blushed slightly as she straighten up and addressed them...."Uh thank you gentlemen....I think I can handle things now....that will be all!" She dismissed them and went back to searching mumbling to herself, "I really hope Beth gets here soon!"
      Last edited by squirrely1; 04 February 2011, 05:10 AM.
      Originally posted by jelgate
      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

As Kim headed out she heard Emma's last words. "Second trolley to your left third drawer Emma, there is a ten millimetre gun and sterile staples there, you can do it with out a local Sam will only feel a little ping." She hurried down the companion way to the quarters and headed for Taylors cabin, if she knew rightly, he'd be already up having heard the General Quarters drill earlier.

Sam opened her eyes groggily to see her friend Emma Randall standing over her, she knew it wasn't a pysch evaluation and pain wasn't usually a part of that. "Emm..Emma what happened...I have to get to.....the bridge..." She tried to raise herself and merely slumped back down again.
        Last edited by RogueRanger; 08 February 2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:

As Kim headed out she heard Emma's last words. "Second trolley to your left third drawer Emma, there is a ten millimetre gun and sterile staples there, you can do it with out a local Sam will only feel a little ping." She hurried down the companion way to the quarters and headed for Taylors cabin, if she knew rightly, he'd be already up having heard the General Quarters drill earlier.

Sam opened her eyes groggily to see her friend Emma Randall standing over her, she knew it wasn't a pysch evaluation and pain wasn't usually a part of that. "Emm..Emma what happened...I have to get to.....the bridge..." She tried to raise herself and merely slumped back down again.
          Spoiler:
          [

Emma hurried to the trolley and fetched the necessary supplies... just as she hurried back to the Colonel's side she roused awake.

"Emm..Emma what happened...I have to get to.....the bridge..."

Emma grabbed hold of Sam and tried to steady her as she realized under her own volition she wasn't quite ready to get out of bed yet. "Hang on Colonel, you've had a nasty cut to your head and I need to administer some local anesthesia and staple the wound closed." She reassured Sam as she readied her equipment. She applied a small amount of topical gel that would numb the area. "Ok let that work a few minutes and then I'll patch you up and you can be on your way." She smiled as she tried to hurry knowing Sam would be anxious to get back to her post as well as ready herself to attend to the other wounded or ill pilots now arriving. She proceeded by inserting 3 staples into the laceration. "There....you didn't even flinch...you have to be one of the best patients I've had." She placed her hand on her shoulder and smirked. "Now you may be dizzy for a while yet so you will need to rest here until you can sit up without the room spinning then we'll see about getting you up and out of bed."

Comment

Sam made to sit up then flopped back down again. "You're right Emma, damn as my dad said once I have a headache the size of Kuwait. Five minutes, that's all I can wait, wake me then please, it's important."

Comment

<radio from the hangar>

*"Med team to the Hangar Bay!"*
              sigpic
              Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

<Med Bay desk>

{Random medic} NPC

Alex heard the call and responded immediatley, trouble was only he was on duty and the doctors and Nurse Sutton were so busy. Oh well one must do what one must do.

"Sergeant Alexander Ferguson here, how bad is it? I'm on my own can you describe the injuries for me please?"

Comment

Sam made to sit up then flopped back down again. "You're right Emma, damn as my dad said once I have a headache the size of Kuwait. Five minutes, that's all I can wait, wake me then please, it's important."

Emma nodded toward the colonel and tried to finish cleaning up the area around the wound on Sam's head while she rested for a few more minutes. She could hear the commotion around her and was glad Alex stepped up to the plate to make the call.

She wanted to help but didn't feel right leaving the colonel's side until she was up and officially out of her care. She attempted to rouse her..."Sam?? Sam?? How are you feeling.....it's been 5 minutes.....can you sit up? ....we can give you something for the pain if you'd like?" She gently jostled her shoulder feeling torn about bringing her around so soon but knowing it was what she wanted as things were definitely hitting the fan....and it wasn't pretty.

Comment

radio from Hangar Bay

"Two people fallen unconscious, one is a pilot that's just come back"
                    sigpic
                    Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post

Emma nodded toward the colonel and tried to finish cleaning up the area around the wound on Sam's head while she rested for a few more minutes. She could hear the commotion around her and was glad Alex stepped up to the plate to make the call.

She wanted to help but didn't feel right leaving the colonel's side until she was up and officially out of her care. She attempted to rouse her..."Sam?? Sam?? How are you feeling.....it's been 5 minutes.....can you sit up? ....we can give you something for the pain if you'd like?" She gently jostled her shoulder feeling torn about bringing her around so soon but knowing it was what she wanted as things were definitely hitting the fan....and it wasn't pretty.

Sam lifted herself up again, a little pain but she's fought with worse. "No I'm fine Emma, really." She swung her legs over the side and waited, no dizzyness. "Right, I'm good, thank you for patching me up, another battle scar to show off." She smiled purposefully. "I'll head to the bridge now. Listen, we're going to have possible injuries here soon, I can't tell you any more other than those you already know about. Get some sleep if you can, but I doubt it, we will using our main weapons soon and it will be loud no matter where you are." With that she gave Emma a gentle hug and left quickly headed up the passageway forward.

Originally posted by clauz89 View Post
                      radio from Hangar Bay

"Two people fallen unconscious, one is a pilot that's just come back"
                      "Right, we'll have someone there soon, Ferguson out."

Comment

Spoiler:

Sam lifted herself up again, a little pain but she's fought with worse. "No I'm fine Emma, really." She swung her legs over the side and waited, no dizzyness. "Right, I'm good, thank you for patching me up, another battle scar to show off." She smiled purposefully. "I'll head to the bridge now. Listen, we're going to have possible injuries here soon, I can't tell you any more other than those you already know about. Get some sleep if you can, but I doubt it, we will using our main weapons soon and it will be loud no matter where you are." With that she gave Emma a gentle hug and left quickly headed up the passageway forward.

"Right, we'll have someone there soon, Ferguson out."

Emma returned the smile to Sam as she leaned in for a quick embrace before all hell broke loose. She watched Sam leave the area and swallowed hard not knowing what would be up ahead for her and hoping that Dr. Hayden indeed got some much needed rest. She was feeling a bit worse for wear but her nervousness keep her weariness at bay.

She looked around and with no one else to send down to the hangar she decided to grab a med pack and head there herself.

Comment

<Medbay nurses station>

{Sgt Alex Feguson} NPC

Alex looked up and saw the young doctor leaving, he waved to her and with his thick brogue spoke lightly. "Take care lassie, and don nae let those buggers get to close t' ye. They're a randy bunch those pilots and crew." His smile was decidedly mischevious and his blue eyes twinkled.

Comment

{Dr. Emma Randall}

Tired and weary Emma made her way back to Med Bay.....toting the heavy med kit left her in need of some much needed rest before she was the next to collapse. She entered and amazingly things were quiet....apparently the calm before the storm.....so she took that opportunity to get some shut eye. She walked over to the white board and squeaked out an X next to her name with a bright blue marker.... indicating that she was off the grid for a while.

She hurried to her quarters and thought to herself.... "gotta sleep fast" as she quietly said a prayer to herself trying to name all the fallen heroes from the day. She felt her emotions bubbling up in her as she arrived at her room ...moving quickly inside she pushed the door shut with her back. Unable to contain herself any longer she heaved with a heavy heart and begin sobbing uncontrollably. She slid down the door covering her face with her hands as she wept sitting alone in her room....grieving for all those they had lost. She felt so angry and confused ....why would God allow it? She had so many questions and no answers....she felt the weight of that on her knowing many may seek her counsel for such answers and she will have found none. She pulled her knees into her chest and sat there in the cold, dark still of her room weeping until she no longer had the energy to cry. She seemingly crawled to her bed taking comfort with her soft pillows and while embracing one tightly she whispered out, "Oh Kevin I pray you're ok!" she sniffled one last time allowing herself to finally relax as she drifted off to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                            X