Your Favorite Babylon 5 Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favorite Babylon 5 Quotes

With Babylon 5, Crusade, and all the movies, there's plenty of memorable quotations to go around. Post any of your favorite quotes here.

The Parliament of Dreams, 105

Catherine Sakai: Ah, and which are which are you? "An idle king doling unequal laws unto a savage race that hoard and sleep and feed and know not you?" Or, "This gray spirit yearning in desire to follow knowledge like a sinking star."
    Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 16 September 2010, 03:20 AM.
    sigpic

G'Kar: You want to be president?
    Sheridan: Yes.
    G'Kar: Put your hand on the book and say, 'I do.'
    Sheridan: I do.
    G'Kar: Fine. Done. Let's eat.

Comment

"Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is god. AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will PERSONALLY rip your lungs out! Babylon Control out".
      sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
      - R.E.M.

Comment

All-time best Marcus line...

"Have we no workhouses? Have we no prisons? Mr. Marley here'd like a word with you-he's the fellow in the chains... ignore the moans. It's just gas."
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Mind War, 106

G'Kar: Let me pass on to you the one thing I've learned about this place: No one here is exactly what he appears. Not Mollari, not Delenn, not Sinclair, and not me.

Bester: We had our orders.
          Sinclair: Mister, I don't care if you had a personal message from God complete with stone tablets! You lied to me. You withheld information and put this station at risk.
          Ivanova: Call me crazy but don't you think it might've helped for us to know what we were facing?
          Kelsey: We were doing what we thought was best.
          Sinclair: You were wrong!

Ivanova: Good old Psi Corps. You guys never cease to amaze me. All the moral fiber of Jack the Ripper. What do you do in your spare time? Juggle babies over a fire pit? Oops, there goes another calculated risk.
          Kelsey: You're not helping the situation.
          Ivanova: Lady, you are the situation.

Ironheart: You cannot harm me. You cannot harm one who has dreamed a dream like mine.

(describing the First Ones)
          G'Kar: There are things in the universe billions of years older than either of our races. They are vast, timeless, and if they are aware of us at all, it is as little more than ants. And we have as much chance of communicating with them as an ant does has us. We know. We've tried. And we've learned that we can either stay out from underfoot or be stepped on.
          Sakai: That's it? That's all you know?
          G'Kar: Yes. They are a mystery. And I am both terrified and reassured to know that there are still wonders in the universe, that we have not yet explained everything. Whatever they are, Ms. Sakai, they walk near Sigma 957 and they must walk there alone.

Absolutely brilliant!
          Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 16 September 2010, 03:19 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

The War Prayer, 107

Ivanova: You’re a vicious man.
            Garibaldi: I’m head of security. It’s in the job description.

â—†

Sinclair: Since they are Centuari, I’m going to release them into your custody, pending further investigation of the charges.
            Mollari: What am I supposed to do with them?
            Sinclair: You’re always saying the Centauri are an advanced race. You figure it out.

â—†

Mollari: Ugly and old, yes? Then their families must be both rich and powerful.

â—†

Mollari: LOVE?! What does love have to do with marriage?!

â—†

Garibaldi: Let me tell you something, creep. I don’t like your attitude. Now if the blood on that toothpick of yours matches Mayan’s, I’ll give you over to the Minbari and let them play dice with your eyeballs.

â—†

Sinclair: That’s quite a viewer. I’ve never seen anything quite like it before. What is it?
            Kosh: Efficient.

â—†

Mollari: Love...pah! Overrated. Here, look. These are my three wives: Pestilence, Famine, and Death. Do you think I married them for their personalities? Their personalities could shatter entire planets!
            sigpic

Comment

"No boom today, boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow".
              sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

Deathwalker, 1.09

Sinclair: They say God works in mysterious ways.
                Garibaldi: He's a con man compared to the Vorlons.

Believers, 1.10

Franklin: I'm waiting—for an apology.
                Sinclair: You better check the temperature in hell first.

Sinclair: I'm saying that what makes us human is that we care.
                Franklin: No. What makes us human is that we have so many different ways...to hurt.
                Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 11 September 2010, 02:38 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  Deathwalker, 1.09
                  Sinclair: They say God works in mysterious ways.
                  Garibaldi: He's a con man compared to the Vorlons.
                  It's funny Garbaldi refers to God as "he". In Eyes he says "if I knew who God was, I'd thank her".
                  sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                    It's funny Garbaldi refers to God as "he". In Eyes he says "if I knew who God was, I'd thank her".
                    Well, being an agnostic, Garibaldi was always rather flippant about God's gender.
                    sigpic

Comment

Believers, 110

Kosh: The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

(Was he being prophetic or what? )
                      sigpic

Comment

From Survivors (I'm quoting from memory, I hope I don't get it wrong):

Maj. Kemmer: I demand that you open a channel to Earthdome!

Ivanova: I'm a Lt. Commander in Earthforce, I do not take demands. If you have a request, I'll consider it.

Maj. Kemmer: Very well, I request that you open a channel to Earthdome.

Ivanova: Request denied. Have a pleasant day!
                        sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

A Voice in the Wilderness, Part I

Ivanova: <sigh> Civilians.

Boy can I sympathize with her on that line.
                          sigpic

Comment

Delenn: Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!
                            sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

Sheridan: "Now we gave you a promise, and we are bound by that promise, And damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn us all to hell, because that is exactly where we are going! We talked about peace. You didn't want peace! We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation! You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've got a war!"
                              sigpic
                              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                              X