Your favourite Star Wars quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite Star Wars quotes

We have one of these running over in the Trek sub-forum, and since Star Wars is so infinitely quotable I thought maybe it would be nice to get one up and running over here too!

I'll start with a couple actually not from the movies, but rather from Part I of the Days of Fear arc of the KOTOR comics that I thought was hilarious:

Zayne: "Wait a minute, you stole that ship?
    Gryph: "Me? Steal a ship? What kind of person do you think I am? I hired someone to steal a ship."

A few moments later, the ship's landed but the thief won't open the door...

Gryph: "It's me, the Gryph! Come on, Slyssk, open up!"
    Gryph: "Umm... They say he's the best."
    Gryph: "Well, he's the best on Ralltir."
    Gryph: "At the moment."
    Gryph: "It's a seller's market, Zayne, what do you want?"

Zayne: "I don't suppose there's a way we can get the ship without you?
    Slyssk: "You can't bargain away a lifedebt to your Ghrakhowsk with a mere ship! While he breathes, my service is his! Where Gryph goes, I go!"
    Gryph: "Figures. Well, cheap help is cheap help, I guess."

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Obi-Wan:Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan... Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.
    Luke: I think my uncle knows him. He said he was dead.
    Obi-Wan: Oh, he's not dead... Not yet.
    Luke: You know him?
    Obi-Wan: But of course I know him. He's me.

Obi-Wan: I haven't gone by the name of Obi-Wan since, oh, before you were born
    sigpic

Comment

Leia:

"Will someone please get this walking carpet out of my way?"

For some reason, that's always made me giggle.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

My favorite quote because it can be taken two ways.

Solo: She still has a little left in her, sweetheart. (sweetheart referring to Leia)

or

Solo" She still has a little left in her sweetheart.( Sweetheart referring to the ship)

Comment

Someone has to do it.

Depends on the movie: I have a bad feeling about this.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Spoiler:
            It's a trap!
            Mia: Don't you hate that?
            Vincent: Hate what?
            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Leia:General Kenobi: Years ago, you served my father in the Clone Wars; now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person; but my ship has fallen under attack and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I've placed information vital to the survival of the rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; you're my only hope.
              sigpic

Comment

Knights of the Old Republic: Vector

Gryph: Wonderful. You know, the last time he drew his lightsaber, he nearly took my head off!
                Zayne: Can you please let it go? It was dark! I didn't know where you were!
                Gryph: Yeah, let's use the deadly weapon as a light source. Do Jedi get a group rate on prosthetic limbs or something? Next time, follow my voice!
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

A New Hope

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
                  sigpic

Comment

The Empire Strikes Back

Fett: "What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."
                    Vader: "The Empire will compensate you if he dies."

With the real Boba Fett voice, anyway. The SE Fett is boring.

Comment

"And now I comein saying something suitably heroic"
                      -Atton Rand
                      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                      ---
                      sigpic

Comment

Return of the Jedi

Yoda: I do, yes, I do! Sick have I become... old and weak. When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmm? [laughs, then starts coughing] Soon will I rest. Yes, forever sleep. Earned it, I have.
                        sigpic

Comment

KOTOR 2

"Are you an angel? Aww, I'm just kidding, thats the worst line I've ever used! I hope some kid doesn't start using it".

"If I were her I'd be screaming like a stuck mynock. Well, I mean a very strong, manly mynock.."

"Well... thats encouraging. Nothing like a steady stream of people who hate us or want to kill us to keep the heart pumping"

-Atton Rand
                          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                          ---
                          sigpic

Comment

Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Yoda: Around the survivors a perimeter create
                            sigpic

Comment

I love this exchange:

Leia: I don't know where you get your delusions laser brain.
                              Chewie: *Laughs*
                              Han: Laugh it up Fuzzball. You didn't see us alone in the South Passage, she expressed her true feelings for me.
                              Leia: My...Why you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder!
                              Han: Who's scruffy looking? I must of hit pretty close to the mark to get all riled up, huh kid?
                              Leia: Well I guess you don't know everything about woman yet.
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X