Your favourite LOST season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite LOST season?

I think the title says all you need to know. What are your favourite Season and why?

For me, S1 and S5 are the best seasons.

Season 1: plenty of mysteries, surprising character revelations (Locke), the pilot is awesome.

Season 5: Cool new characters, plenty of action, flash for and backwards, lot´s of interesting twists.
    sigpic

I loved season 2 because it was the most action packed & interesting season among all and otherwise i used to watch Lost Online and enjoying each and every episode today also.
    I hope you too...

Comment

My order:

Season 2
      Season 1
      Season 6
      Season 5
      Season 4
      Season 3

.... although I love all the seasons equally, Season 3 is a bit for a let down because of the first half but the last half is in its awesonmness (? a word) again...
      sigpic

Comment

I love season 1-4!
        But I thought season 5 and 6 were just lame. Especially season 6 was sooo slow and uninteresting.

Comment

S1 will always have a special place in my heart. I really enjoyed them all to some degree though.

Comment

An interesting question. As I was watching, in current run, while it was being broadcast, I loved each one, while I was in the midst of it. There are stand-out moments from each season, though I might not be able to pinpoint to which season, some of those moments belong.

Now, I am watching the whole series again, having bought it, and I'm seeing new things in each episode that I had not recalled. I find myself appreciating different characters on second watch, perhaps, now, knowing how it all turned out.

Each specific episode feels new, so much of it having been buried beneath the surface of memory. I find myself clapping as each epidisode ends, as if I've just found something out I had not known before. But I feel that is just credit to the way the series was made. In the beginning, I had no idea how sigificant certain things would be as the show meandered through the tangled web of intrigue and relationships. I am applauding how marvelously they put clues in about what would eventually happen.

This is all to say that, I think, each season needs all the others, and that while it didn't feel seamless during my first time watching, it is very difficult to actually put my finger on a favorite part. The whole idea, and the way it was put together and then offered up to the audience is what makes LOST the amazing journey it became.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
              This is all to say that, I think, each season needs all the others, and that while it didn't feel seamless during my first time watching, it is very difficult to actually put my finger on a favorite part. The whole idea, and the way it was put together and then offered up to the audience is what makes LOST the amazing journey it became.
              Well said and I agree. If I had to name one, I'd probably say the first season, but I quite enjoy the series as a whole. Each season adds to the story in its own way...even the last one which I'd probably list as my least favorite, even though I was happy with how it ended.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

S1 it was awesome and fresh
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

i liked season 5, time travel

followed by:

season 4
                  season 1
                  season 3
                  season 6
                  season 2

that being said i love it all!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    S1 it was awesome and fresh

Agree

Comment

I'd choose:

1) Season 1
                      2) Season 3 - it started poorly but the show peaked at the end of S3 and went downhill from there.
                      3) Season 2
                      4) Season 4
                      5) Season 5
                      6) Season 6 - What a waste of the final season

Season 6 was a HUGE letdown for me. I had hopes the series finale would redeem it but alas it just made everything worse.
                      Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Wow, am I the only one with Season 6 as the favorite?

Descending preference...
                        - S6 (I just loved the season; lots of great "big" episodes like "The End" and "The Candidate" and personal ones like "The Substitute", "Ab Aeterno", "Sundown" and "Dr. Linus")
                        - S5 (Riding high on time travel and DHARMA arcs! Favorites are "Dead is Dead", "Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" and of course "The Incident")
                        - S3 (The big picture more than makes up for Other shenanigans early on. Favorites are "One of Us", "Through the Looking Glass" and "The Man Behind the Curtain")
                        - S1 (Extremely well-constructed premiere season. Favorites are "Exodus" and "Outlaws")
                        - S4 (Contains my favorite episode from the entire show: "The Shape of Things to Come")
                        - S2 (Still good but somehow not on the same level as everything else. Loved "The 23rd Psalm" and the finale)
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Season 1 and 2 definitely. I enjoyed all seasons of Lost but in the first few seasons I really liked the feeling that they were isolated, alone and afraid of the "others". In the last few seasons all of a sudden there were enough people in the island to fill a small town
                          sigpic

Comment

I like them all. It began out as a show that could really happen. I mean, they crash on an Island and are surviving there. Then they find some monster in the woods and lots of other things. Then the mystery of the Hatch was Super and the show seemed to start to build up that the Hatch contains all the mysteries of the Island, but all that was just a useless science station. The button seemed to be important, but that was proven to be useless by Desmond when he turned the key. My fav character was Locke from the start, but not the Smoke-Locke.
                            I think in Season 2 they got too comfortable on the Island like Bernard stated in SOS. The Others were cool in Seasons 1 and 2, but then they were proven to be like normal people. Boring. Season 3 started to go great again, with Jack, Kate and Sawyer captured, but they escaped way too soon to be cool. Eko was mostly useless since Live Together, Die Alone. Still, I loved Season 3 like all others, especially the Jack vs Locke in the end. The freighter, however seemed to simply stand still. A real help, hahaha. I loved it when Ben blew it up. The ending for Season 4 was super. Ben turns the Donkey wheel and next thing you know, he's in Sahara. Locke becoming the leader of the supposedly greatest enemy of the Survivors was funny. I don't think he would have done that in Seasons 1 or 2. Season 5 was cool because of the constant time travel. The Oceanic Six plot was lame however, and I felt they're ruining the show with the outside world. Locke's death made me cry, seriously. And then they come back and I get the happiest day ever when I see Locke resurrected. Then, in Season 6, I have to cry again cos I find that Locke's an impostor and the real Locke is still dead. Finally, the coolest season ever. (Thank god that the past Others killed those pointless survivors in Season 5) The Temple was funny. Smokey was cool but never as cool as Locke. I even hated him more when he started his "let's leave the Island" agenda. Thanks, Jack for killing him. The "alternate reality" was cool. LOST IS FREAKIN' AWESOME(oh, and for the record, I like the alternate version of the LOST sign better)!!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by rushy; 24 May 2012, 05:26 AM.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Season 1, no doubt.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X