Newcomer...and i am intrigued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newcomer...and i am intrigued

I woke up today and suddenly had an urge to watch star trek, so i started with the next generation, ive only watch 6 eps today and i love it (i also say the first season of ENT and VOY and love them too)

and now i have to buy the dvds.......less beer money then.

Anyway am i the only one who notices that Picard is a bit of a D**k sometimes, especially to Wesley, i know he hated kids but.....the kid says two words, Picard yells and the kid almost cr*ps himself......

not that i dont mind.

lol @ Picard

Picard rocks in so many ways!. I'm sure you will start to like him.

Make sure you don't forget about DS9. Which for money is definitely the best series of the lot.

Comment

i didnt say i didnt like him, its jsut he seems to really hate kids

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        i didnt say i didnt like him, its jsut he seems to really hate kids
        They really played up the angle that Picard does care that much for kids or teenagers throughout the entire series. But there are a handful of episodes that deal specifically with Picard and children in the same storyline. Picard and Wesley eventually become very close as well.

Comment

There are alternatives to bear , and DS9 is much better then TNG
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I woke up today and suddenly had an urge to watch star trek, so i started with the next generation, ive only watch 6 eps today and i love it (i also say the first season of ENT and VOY and love them too)

Anyway am i the only one who notices that Picard is a bit of a D**k sometimes, especially to Wesley, i know he hated kids but.....the kid says two words, Picard yells and the kid almost cr*ps himself......

not that i dont mind.
            yeah it's just part of his character.

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
              There are alternatives to bear , and DS9 is much better then TNG
              BEER! AAHHHAHHHHAHAhhaHHAHAhaHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAH! i dont drink bear!

Comment

I've always had that itch to watch trek. I have season 1 and 2 of TOS on blu-Ray.

I can never just sit down and watch three or four in a row.

I love TOS. I just can't watch to mch of it at a time. I'm trying to watch the syndicated repeats of Enterprise on SyFy. I just don't find it that good. Will TNG, Voyager or DS9 be repeated any time soon?
                sigpic
                Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

BEER! AAHHHAHHHHAHAhhaHHAHAhaHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAH! i dont drink bear!
                  who said that you do , underline me saying that , and can i suggest you to try the movies I trow XI
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                  StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                  GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                    who said that you do , underline me saying that , and can i suggest you to try the movies I trow XI
                    you did, several hundred times...on many threads

Comment

not that i dont mind.
                      i am very surprised that you haven't watched Star Trek. Picard and TNG are my favorite.

Comment

My interest in Trek quieted down sometime last year, but when I finally saw Star Trek 11 last December, I was heavily interested in Trek again. But i'm nowhere near Trekkie level of fandom....not yet anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
                          I love TOS. I just can't watch to mch of it at a time. I'm trying to watch the syndicated repeats of Enterprise on SyFy. I just don't find it that good. Will TNG, Voyager or DS9 be repeated any time soon?
                          I know that TNG is on WGN as well as syndication and Voyager reruns are on Spike as for DS9 the last time that was on air it was on Spike but they no longer show it so it may be a long time before some channel picks it up.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

not that i dont mind.
                            Firstly welcome to the family! i went on the same journey as you when i was about 4, i watched tng when it was a weekly show and was hooked since then ive seen every ep and every movie of all the series and although there a few clangers in the group you definately wont be disapointed good luck.,

p.s picard lightens up as the seasons go on.

Comment

Ive almost finished the second season of TNG, then i will move onto DS9 and voyager, then enterprise and then the original series.

its been good so far, except for a few eps which are slow moving which i assume is because the show is old and im used to newer shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X