Funny real life story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny real life story

This is merely a story of working a memorable quote from TNG s06e11 Chain of Command pt 2 into everyday life.

I currently get my internet from a a wireless WiMAX network. On the modem there are 5 signal strength lights. When all 5 are lit, you have maximum signal strength.

So my internet speed drops off the map and I call my ISP's tech support. The first question they always ask is "How many lights do you see on your modem?" to determine if you are just getting a crappy signal.

When asked this the other day, I responded in a raspy voice "I .... SEE .... FIVE .... LIGHTS!!!!" and the tech TOTALLY cracked up and even had to put me on hold for about 30 seconds. He got back on the line and thanked me for making his day.
    The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Awesome
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Great , i would like to see more ST quote used by normal people
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Hilarious!

sigpic

Comment

Pretty good. Most people probably wouldn't get that.

Comment

I'm glad so many appreciate it! Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to make that joke much longer. My service issue has gotten worse to the point where my connection speed is worse than dial-up and the problem has been going on for over a month. Evidently, the tower needs new equipment, but they can't fix it for a week at the earliest. In the mean time, I've scored a great deal from AT&T since I already have a DSL modem and I'll be saving quite a bit a month.

Too bad it only has 4 lights and they don't all light up at once.
            The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Working...
            X