Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any SGA fans who either didn't watch or didn't like SG-1?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
    Mh, I was SG-1 from the beginning but stopped with the beginning of season 6 (no, not because of Daniel's death, only because my TV was broken in that time). But I have to say I lost my interest in the show.
    SGA came to me as part of a deal and brought me back to SG-1. But SG-1 lost its first place. SGA was more for me, more action, more fun, more adventure, and another chemistry between the characters.
    So, I still like SG-1, especially seasons 9 and 10 (love the Ori-storyline), but SGA is the show where my heart belongs to.
    Watched SGA first, just now starting to work my way through SG1 (season 1), so thanks for the heads up on the spoiler there buddy.

Comment

I watched SG-1, but I was never as into it as I am Atlantis. Except for Ronon (sorry Mr. Momoa) I prefer the characters over SG-1. Lets face it, what these shows have going for them is tongue-in-cheek, self-aware humor, and that's what I like seeing in my escapist fluff. Which is why I did NOT care for SGU.
      Boobies!

Comment

Well, I started to watch SG-1 when it premiered on showtime, followed it to Syfy or at the time Sci-fi. When SGA was announced it looked really cool to me. I was always fascinated by stories of Atlantis. Now with a Stargate twist it sounded even more interesting. I fell in love with SGA right off the bat. So, I've been a Stargate fan before SGA came out. I miss both shows, and really hope these movies come out to continue some of the adventures.
        sigpic

Comment

i watched sga first, then once it ended i wanted more stargate, so i went back and watched all of sg-1. and then sgu

i personally like sg-1 the best, but atlantis is good too
          sigpic

Comment

I like both SGA and SG-1 equally. Started out watching the odd episode of SG-1 now and then. Last year my husband and I decided to buy the complete series when we got it for about 12 euros per season + the two movies, because he had never seen any of it. Then we got SGA and I'm entranced by it. It's similar but subtly different. Haven't seen SGU yet, but we just bought the first season yesterday, so once SG-1 and SGA are done...
            sigpic

Comment

I saw the original movie but that's it outside of SGA. I've recently watched a few episodes of SG-1 that contained SGA characters or pertained to SGA but that's it. I've got no inclination to watch all of SG-1 or SGU at this time.

Comment

I can certainly understand one becoming attached to the characters and situations in SGA but that not transferring to the similar in tone and sharing a universe SG1 characters and plots. I at first balked at Torri Higginson taking over for Jessica Steen as Dr Weir as I loved Steen as Dr Julia Heller on Earth 2. Torri's Weir however became the first SGA character I completely clicked with when she confidently sent her first team on an off-Atlantis mission. And while I still enjoy Atlantis following her departure (I want the SGA movie!), I miss her.

I like all Stargate to varying degrees, but I understand not latching onto the parent series' core. One loves the characters, not automatically all aspects of its universe. (no SGU pun intended

Comment

Originally posted by Rekala View Post
                  I started watching SGA one day when I was randomly zapping through channels. It caught my eye right away and I love the show! SG-1 aired on the same channel, but I only ever watched 1 or 2 episodes. It didn't really catch my attention and I don't really have any desire to start watching it.. But I am sure if I was introduced to it, or started watching it more regularly, I'd like it
                  Same here. Love SGA. Don't care about SG1 (the episodes I saw didn't appeal to my taste; not enough shinny SF frames, I guess, and the actors just didn't do it for me)
                  sigpic

Comment

I watched the whole franchise in reverse; I started with SGU, then SGA, and then SG-1. First, I was completely in love with SGA and it was by far my favorite. However, after having done several rewatches, I must say it's actually my least favorite out of the three shows.

Comment

The first 8 SG-1 seasons were enjoyable and the series could have been ended there. I just finished season 9 and most of the stuff in it was unnecesary in my opinion. I'll be starting season 10 tomorrow as well as with season 3 of SGA (well, today actually, since it's already past midnight here).

The Ancients stuff in SG-1's last two seasons could've easily been saved for SGU.

Comment

Working...
                      X